[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I've wanted this mod for absolute ages. I've waited several different iterations, tried at least two different extraction programs, waited for patch after patch, yet over a year later and I have yet to download a version of this mod that was not either horribly bugged or simply will not open from its zip file. I've tried every mirror ever put up, downloaded and re-downloaded, used 7zip and WinRar in tandem, I cannot get this ****ing file to open and for everything to function. It's positively infuriating. I can go to Scott Manley's channel right now and look at all his videos and wonder how the blazes he even got the thing to work at all.

What is it about the download or zipping process that breaks the file? Am I doing something wrong? Why will none of them ever work? I've even tried a few sources that just gave me the game data folder inside it, still broken. I can't figure it out.

And you are aware that it's currently not compatible with .23 without some manual modification, yes?

And you are aware that it's currently not compatible with .23 without some manual modification, yes?

I was not. I did in fact get the download to finally give me a whole zip file (thanks a lot, Norton), but idk about this manual modification.

Is there something I should be doing with it or is it another download to overwrite something?

You are probably using interstellar, and what i've found is that interstellar has a bug that makes it think that your engines are always in the atmosphere, thus why when you're in space you still have overheating problems because it's treating the object as if it were in atmosphere. The solution to this is to add a precooler, they work in this case because interstellar has a heat mechanic it institutes for them, and if that's not working add multiple of them, I.E. using splitters to connect multiple intake precooler combos' this gives you higher allowance to do the maneuvers needed in space. In this case the precooler has to be connected to the intake, you also cannot stake multiple precoolers behind one intake.

I have the same problem and I don't have the interstellar pack

I was not. I did in fact get the download to finally give me a whole zip file (thanks a lot, Norton), but idk about this manual modification.

Is there something I should be doing with it or is it another download to overwrite something?

I believe you will get your answers by reading this – http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/66020-B9-0-23-fixes

ive updated my sabre mk2 configs to version 0.2.

what this is:

its an update to the pair of cfgs i wrote some time ago converting both the b9 sabres to the stock ModuleEnginesFX system so you dont need to use the exurgentengineering plugin, also remade he effects/sounds

improvements are:

heat rebalancing(works fully with dr now)

changed the visual and audio effects a bit to look and sound a bit better

some cleanup + included the full filepath to b9(just drop the gamedata in the ksp directory and youre good to go)

hope you enjoy

ill be posting this on the b9 fixes post too

link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9yFzV-G4YPzeVh3TVZ2WFY4eUk/edit?usp=sharing

hit file -> download

PS: i could make a Hotrockets version of this if people wants it(it would require the mp_nazari folder with the effects to work)

Edited by landeTLS

No, but it works mostly, update the dlls, use the fan-updates for the science parts and sabres etc and it's fine.

Great, now I have to figure out if it's this or some other conflict crashing out Ksp :(

Aright, does someone have a link to the patch? I'm sort of getting lost in the several hundred pages. XP

Edited by Tassyr

ive updated my sabre mk2 configs to version 0.2.

what this is:

its an update to the pair of cfgs i wrote some time ago converting both the b9 sabres to the stock ModuleEnginesFX system so you dont need to use the exurgentengineering plugin, also remade he effects/sounds

improvements are:

heat rebalancing(works fully with dr now)

changed the visual and audio effects a bit to look and sound a bit better

some cleanup + included the full filepath to b9(just drop the gamedata in the ksp directory and youre good to go)

hope you enjoy

ill be posting this on the b9 fixes post too

link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9yFzV-G4YPzeVh3TVZ2WFY4eUk/edit?usp=sharing

hit file -> download

PS: i could make a Hotrockets version of this if people wants it(it would require the mp_nazari folder with the effects to work)

HotRockets version? Oh yeah, that would be pretty cool. I'd use that.

okay, I gotta ask. I tried to grab B9 cos I remembered it being nice. BUt...

it's breaking all my other mods! I can't use realparachutes, scansat, procedural fairings, or stretchytanks! Some of my staples!

Anyone know what to do? :( It just instacrashes when loaded...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d6scq3kgf4dm6ph/gR40dsreGs

There's the crashlog.

Edited by Tassyr

Great, now I have to figure out if it's this or some other conflict crashing out Ksp :(

Aright, does someone have a link to the patch? I'm sort of getting lost in the several hundred pages. XP

Even unupdated B9 shouldn't cause crashes. Most likely you're just running out of memory (B9 is a huge pack). For B9-specific fixes: B9 0.23 fixes.

For out-of-memory-related crashes - I suggest you use the Active Texture Management plugin

(we'll have to be posting this link every 2 pages I'm afraid...)

Edited by boywithumbrella
moar content

it's breaking all my other mods! I can't use realparachutes, scansat, procedural fairings, or stretchytanks! Some of my staples!

It would help to see what's happening in the logs when it crashes...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d6scq3kgf4dm6ph/gR40dsreGs

There's the crashlog.

You ran out of memory.

Okay, what changed? x.x I've been playing with B9 all morning and I can't even get a damn ship in the air! They just sort of turn right or left on the runway and detonate! I actually had better luck with the -stock- ships... what's wrong? How do you make a perfectly symmetrical ship not fall over to one side for no reason? =P

You ran out of memory.

Yeah, you have to remember that KSP is a 32-bit program. This means it only recognizes a portion of your available RAM, which sucks, considering I have 16 GB in my system. Hopefully, KSP will be switched over to 64-bit in the future.

-Garland

You ran out of memory.

Grab one more mod to reduce RAM usage of the big packs like B9, KW etc. This one has been doing some nice things for me, and I'm running all the biggie parts packs, PLUS Kethane and a few others.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-Release-2-15-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs!

I'm having the same trouble and I have followed the community's recommendations on getting B9 compatible with .23. No matter what I do, no matter how many coolers I have, the engines continually overheat and their overheating never decreases. It just goes away if you are turned off, but as soon as they are turned back on it picks up at the same level. This is making my SSTO experimenting extremely difficult. I even tried using the stock RAPIER engine, but it has the same issue.

Help!

-Garland

The easiest solution to the heating problems if you are running DRE-C is to reduce the cfg file heat production for the SABRE and RAPIER to half of the original value. This brings them more inline with other stock parts. They still run hot but they dont burn and explode.

Grab one more mod to reduce RAM usage of the big packs like B9, KW etc. This one has been doing some nice things for me, and I'm running all the biggie parts packs, PLUS Kethane and a few others.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-Release-2-15-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs!

Better yet, grab the Active Memory Reducton plugin and dont bother with texture packs anymore.

Does the B9 0.23 fixes were grouped already into one MM file? I remember seeing it somewhere.

The easiest solution to the heating problems if you are running DRE-C is to reduce the cfg file heat production for the SABRE and RAPIER to half of the original value. This brings them more inline with other stock parts. They still run hot but they dont burn and explode.

DRE-C?

I don't recall what that is…

Thank you, kindly!

I was really depressed about not being able to install that many mods. Admittedly, I was trying to do something similar to Scott Manley's Interstellar Quest. >.>

-Garland