[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

OK, that's strange. My engines overheat as hell, making building anything Sabre-based impossible. Below I attach test platform I built for my space shuttle design:

bjMWEy8.png

I have KW Rocketry, B9, Kerbal Engineer, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Kethane and KAS installed, so this can't be the problem with Interstellar. Small Sabres seem to be working perfectly. I've tried attaching precoolers to the engines - it slows the meltdown by 5-10 seconds, depending on throttle setting, but still makes the engines explode before I gain 100 m/s and take off. A friend of mine has experimented with a very simmilar design (he has KW, B9, Kethane and Deadly Reentry installed) - his both SSTOs reach orbit perfectly at 100% throttle and 4 large Sabres.

OK, that's strange. My engines overheat as hell, making building anything Sabre-based impossible. Below I attach test platform I built for my space shuttle design:

http://i.imgur.com/bjMWEy8.png

I have KW Rocketry, B9, Kerbal Engineer, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Kethane and KAS installed, so this can't be the problem with Interstellar. Small Sabres seem to be working perfectly. I've tried attaching precoolers to the engines - it slows the meltdown by 5-10 seconds, depending on throttle setting, but still makes the engines explode before I gain 100 m/s and take off. A friend of mine has experimented with a very simmilar design (he has KW, B9, Kethane and Deadly Reentry installed) - his both SSTOs reach orbit perfectly at 100% throttle and 4 large Sabres.

UPDATE your files... all of them. there should be a link a couple posts back to another forum post about fixes. so do it please

Not having B9 officially updated has made me not play KSP ever since 0.23 came out.

Tried the community fixes - still not working. I always hated mods for mods for games.

If you don't play with sabres, then there is absolutely no incompatibility with 0.23. Updating the plugins does the rest. NO reason NOT to play!

Not having B9 officially updated has made me not play KSP ever since 0.23 came out.

Tried the community fixes - still not working. I always hated mods for mods for games.

well then as my dad always says:

"it's always mod this, mod that... can't you even play the game and finish it without mods? or is that too hard for your baby sized brain"

There are three fixes as far as i know 2 are for plugins and the third is for the gear to stop wobbling, update all three and B9 is go. If you are crashing just after launch you have probably run out of memory I suggest you use Rbrays texture compressor it works brillantly

UPDATE your files... all of them. there should be a link a couple posts back to another forum post about fixes. so do it please

I did install the files from this update. Exurgent Engineering, Firespitter plugin and updated the wheel configuration files. I didn't do anything with control surface tweakbles (as I never need them anyway).

Edited by Astraph

The list of files I updated/modified in my install is above (Exurgent Engineering, Firespitter & landing gear tweaks). From what I know, my friend installed only the Exurgent Engineering .dll file.

I did install the files from this update. Exurgent Engineering, Firespitter plugin and updated the wheel configuration files. I didn't do anything with control surface tweakbles (as I never need them anyway).

The large SABRE's are known to overheat quickly. Add a couple of Cubic Octagonal Struts to the engine radially to serve as radiators. They are mass- and dragless so they have no impact on your flight performance but they do reduce temperature significantly.

Bac9 is not lazy. Lazy is that ones who don't want make themselves any trouble to read the thread or use a search button. B9 is non-commercial enthusiastic project (and I want to say - it's project of amazing quality) and authors don't owe anything to you.

Anyway. Don't know posted anyone complete update pack or not, haven't seen it in the thread, so maybe this will help anyone: this archive contains fully updated GameData folders and files for B9 to work with 0.23 - firespitter, ExsurgentEngineering; science, controls and SABREs fixes and reinforced gears, just copy (overrite old if needed) and go.

I think it may still need installation of Kerbal Joint Reinforcement mod, and Texture Compressor if you have memory issues. But for the B9 - it's complete.

Great thanks to the guys from this thread

Link to archive:

http://www.filedropper.com/gamedata

Hope it'll make someones life easier :)

Saving for when I get home

I'm having the same trouble and I have followed the community's recommendations on getting B9 compatible with .23. No matter what I do, no matter how many coolers I have, the engines continually overheat and their overheating never decreases. It just goes away if you are turned off, but as soon as they are turned back on it picks up at the same level. This is making my SSTO experimenting extremely difficult. I even tried using the stock RAPIER engine, but it has the same issue.

Help!

-Garland

I'm having the same trouble and I have followed the community's recommendations on getting B9 compatible with .23. No matter what I do, no matter how many coolers I have, the engines continually overheat and their overheating never decreases. It just goes away if you are turned off, but as soon as they are turned back on it picks up at the same level. This is making my SSTO experimenting extremely difficult. I even tried using the stock RAPIER engine, but it has the same issue.

Help!

-Garland

Are you running any other mods? Which engines in particular are overheating? How badly are they overheating (i.e. do they explode)?

Really, you need to give more information before anyone can help you.

Are you running any other mods? Which engines in particular are overheating? How badly are they overheating (i.e. do they explode)?

Really, you need to give more information before anyone can help you.

I am alternating between the SABER S and the RAPIER engines, both with overheating problems to the point that they explode. As I said in my previous post, the overheating bar never decreases. It will disappear, if the engines are turned off, but as soon as they are turned back on, to any level of throttle, the overheating resumes immediately.

I am using a large number of other mods, including B9, KW Rocketry, Interstellar, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Haystack, and MechJeb.

One of the earlier commenters provided an archive, which I will try later today, but I thought I had taken care of everything to make sure this worked.

Is that enough information?

-Garland

Edited by GarlandMP

Help!

-Garland

If the coolers you are talking about are the Sabre Pre-coolers included in B9, you should know that these dont actually do anything. They are purely decorative.

Help!

-Garland

You are probably using interstellar, and what i've found is that interstellar has a bug that makes it think that your engines are always in the atmosphere, thus why when you're in space you still have overheating problems because it's treating the object as if it were in atmosphere. The solution to this is to add a precooler, they work in this case because interstellar has a heat mechanic it institutes for them, and if that's not working add multiple of them, I.E. using splitters to connect multiple intake precooler combos' this gives you higher allowance to do the maneuvers needed in space. In this case the precooler has to be connected to the intake, you also cannot stake multiple precoolers behind one intake.

Edited by taigan242

I am alternating between the SABER S and the RAPIER engines, both with overheating problems to the point that they explode. As I said in my previous post, the overheating bar never decreases. It will disappear, if the engines are turned off, but as soon as they are turned back on, to any level of throttle, the overheating resumes immediately.

I am using a large number of other mods, including B9, KW Rocketry, Interstellar, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Haystack, and MechJeb.

One of the earlier commenters provided an archive, which I will try later today, but I thought I had taken care of everything to make sure this worked.

Is that enough information?

-Garland

It's Interstellar. You need to use the precoolers from stock KSP, the B9 ones are only decorative.

It's Interstellar. You need to use the precoolers from stock KSP, the B9 ones are only decorative.

They are in fact not decorative. They work, and if you want proof you can go into interstellar mod folder and look where it calls the B9 precooler and adds the mechanic to the part. Also update interstellar they have fixed it in the latest 10.3 version I just tested it with my SSTO

They are in fact not decorative. They work, and if you want proof you can go into interstellar mod folder and look where it calls the B9 precooler and adds the mechanic to the part. Also update interstellar they have fixed it in the latest 10.3 version I just tested it with my SSTO

Oh, all right, I don't use interstellar myself, and the B9 precoolers being purely decorative was what I heard last. Thanks for correcting me :)

Oh, all right, I don't use interstellar myself, and the B9 precoolers being purely decorative was what I heard last. Thanks for correcting me :)

Sorry about the aggressive response, I just got really frustrated with people telling me that was the problem when I was having the same problem as the previous guy.

You are probably using interstellar, and what i've found is that interstellar has a bug that makes it think that your engines are always in the atmosphere, thus why when you're in space you still have overheating problems because it's treating the object as if it were in atmosphere. The solution to this is to add a precooler, they work in this case because interstellar has a heat mechanic it institutes for them, and if that's not working add multiple of them, I.E. using splitters to connect multiple intake precooler combos' this gives you higher allowance to do the maneuvers needed in space. In this case the precooler has to be connected to the intake, you also cannot stake multiple precoolers behind one intake.

Sheesh, that's going to be a real hassle. Would it be possible to put intakes and pre-coolers underneath the wings, as if they were the engines, but having a pair of SABERs on the tail?

I've wanted this mod for absolute ages. I've waited several different iterations, tried at least two different extraction programs, waited for patch after patch, yet over a year later and I have yet to download a version of this mod that was not either horribly bugged or simply will not open from its zip file. I've tried every mirror ever put up, downloaded and re-downloaded, used 7zip and WinRar in tandem, I cannot get this ****ing file to open and for everything to function. It's positively infuriating. I can go to Scott Manley's channel right now and look at all his videos and wonder how the blazes he even got the thing to work at all.

What is it about the download or zipping process that breaks the file? Am I doing something wrong? Why will none of them ever work? I've even tried a few sources that just gave me the game data folder inside it, still broken. I can't figure it out.

I've wanted this mod for absolute ages. I've waited several different iterations, tried at least two different extraction programs, waited for patch after patch, yet over a year later and I have yet to download a version of this mod that was not either horribly bugged or simply will not open from its zip file. I've tried every mirror ever put up, downloaded and re-downloaded, used 7zip and WinRar in tandem, I cannot get this ****ing file to open and for everything to function. It's positively infuriating. I can go to Scott Manley's channel right now and look at all his videos and wonder how the blazes he even got the thing to work at all.

What is it about the download or zipping process that breaks the file? Am I doing something wrong? Why will none of them ever work? I've even tried a few sources that just gave me the game data folder inside it, still broken. I can't figure it out.

Have you double checked to make sure that you don't have an anti-virus or anti-malware program that's blocking it from downloading or installing properly? I know that some commercial anti-virus software can be kind of aggressive in that regard. Also, back in Windows Vista, the 'User Account Control' feature was making my life hell until I finally just totally disabled it.

Anyway, just a few ideas, in case you haven't checked these things yet. :) Good luck, hope you get it figured out!