[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

don't know if you guys care but I WAS able to switch the sabers to the now stock multi mode engine module, I also gave the turbo jet and the high gimble turbo jet a new after burner mode.....I was thinking of doing a quick unofficial update just for compatibility along with the option to download the "FIX'S" i did.

I'm quite worried about the long-time absence of Tav and Bac9 from the IRC and forums, how long before we should start considering having someone else maintain B9? Does it have a license that would allow that?

According to the license, we are free to build upon the material of the mod, as long as we distribute the new mod under the same license as before. The largest problem will be duplicating his art style and skill. Not very many people are capable of Bac9's skill. According to Scott Manley, Bac9 is "going through a transition."

According to the license, we are free to build upon the material of the mod, as long as we distribute the new mod under the same license as before. The largest problem will be duplicating his art style and skill. Not very many people are capable of Bac9's skill. According to Scott Manley, Bac9 is "going through a transition."

When did he say this?

The largest problem will be duplicating his art style and skill. Not very many people are capable of Bac9's skill.

Obviously, but releasing a version with all fan-fixes and recent .dll files in one package would be technically trivial, most mods that get maintained by other people than the original developer don't add new features beyond very simple ones or adding support for stuff like tweakables, doesn't add more models etc.

According to Scott Manley, Bac9 is "going through a transition."

Got a link to that?

Obviously, but releasing a version with all fan-fixes and recent .dll files in one package would be technically trivial, most mods that get maintained by other people than the original developer don't add new features beyond very simple ones or adding support for stuff like tweakables, doesn't add more models etc.

Got a link to that?

1. It can be done. Someone Just needs to do it.

2. Check out Scott Manley's VODs over on twitch. I have forgotten exactly when in the stream he said it. That's pretty much what he said though, not much else.

I found a really strange glitch i don't know if its just me or for B9 in general. If the i bring up the center of mass indicator it works perfectly fine but if a right click a b9 engine it goes away and the only way to get it back is by deleting the craft file and copying over all of the stuff inside to a new one. it only happens with the b9 engines and only the inline ones like the d30-f7. anyone know of a fix for this?

EDIT: after more testing and debugging i found it only happens with the air-breathing b9 engines (including saber) and that sometimes removing the engine brings it back if i replace it with the another of the same part from the part list.

Edited by tyfi13

I found a really strange glitch i don't know if its just me or for B9 in general. If the i bring up the center of mass indicator it works perfectly fine but if a right click a b9 engine it goes away and the only way to get it back is by deleting the craft file and copying over all of the stuff inside to a new one. it only happens with the b9 engines and only the inline ones like the d30-f7. anyone know of a fix for this?

EDIT: after more testing and debugging i found it only happens with the air-breathing b9 engines (including saber) and that sometimes removing the engine brings it back if i replace it with the another of the same part from the part list.

You're not the only one. I've experience that same bug from time to time. In fact, it's limited to the turbojet, the turbojet with gimbal, and the two sabre engines. I've never seen it with the VTOL engines. Off the top of my head, I don't have a good fix for it. I might look through the cfgs some time this week since I'm able to recreate it.

1. It can be done. Someone Just needs to do it.

2. Check out Scott Manley's VODs over on twitch. I have forgotten exactly when in the stream he said it. That's pretty much what he said though, not much else.

My suggestion is that before releasing an unofficial version, is to wait until 0.24 is released. 0.24 is just right around the corner, and I believe it would be much more worth our time if we waited until then, provided that bac9 doesn't decide to come back in that timeframe.

The second thing in regards to that is we need to become more organized about an unofficial patch. Right now the B9 fixes are scattered to the four winds, despite us attempting to consolidate them into a single thread. In fact, in the B9 fixes thread, there are two independent fixes for the same issue. What we need is about a three to five man team that can keep the cfgs up to date, even if one team member has a "real-life attack." That way, we can have a much more streamlined approach without redundant fixes (it also gives the advantage of having multiple heads troubleshoot more perplexing issues, such as the COM bug with the air breathing engines described above).

The other thing about an unofficial patch is that it has to be approached with the mindset that the team, and the unofficial patch project is only a temporary until bac9 returns, if he does return. The major underlying premise needs to be that when bac9 returns, the project, and the mod, is handed back to him automatically.

You're not the only one. I've experience that same bug from time to time. In fact, it's limited to the turbojet, the turbojet with gimbal, and the two sabre engines. I've never seen it with the VTOL engines. Off the top of my head, I don't have a good fix for it. I might look through the cfgs some time this week since I'm able to recreate it.

My suggestion is that before releasing an unofficial version, is to wait until 0.24 is released. 0.24 is just right around the corner, and I believe it would be much more worth our time if we waited until then, provided that bac9 doesn't decide to come back in that timeframe.

The second thing in regards to that is we need to become more organized about an unofficial patch. Right now the B9 fixes are scattered to the four winds, despite us attempting to consolidate them into a single thread. In fact, in the B9 fixes thread, there are two independent fixes for the same issue. What we need is about a three to five man team that can keep the cfgs up to date, even if one team member has a "real-life attack." That way, we can have a much more streamlined approach without redundant fixes (it also gives the advantage of having multiple heads troubleshoot more perplexing issues, such as the COM bug with the air breathing engines described above).

The other thing about an unofficial patch is that it has to be approached with the mindset that the team, and the unofficial patch project is only a temporary until bac9 returns, if he does return. The major underlying premise needs to be that when bac9 returns, the project, and the mod, is handed back to him automatically.

you know since you said 0.24 is right around the corner i think what Bac9 will do is just wait till 0.24 is out. debug everything and recode it towards 0.24 and alsorelease new parts...

but then again this is coming from a kid who doesn't know anything.

This bug is triggered by the part having a resource with maxAmount=0 (Electrical Charge in case of b9 engines). If you installed the b9 tweakables fix, you can right-click the engine in SPH/VAB (note that it says NaN/0 for Electric Charge amount) and move the electric charge amount slider. The bug can be retriggered and "resolved" by the same method an unlimited amount of times.

You can prevent that bug by either changing the maxAmount to a non-zero value or removing the Electric Charge resource module altogether in the configs of the engines.

I've searched the thread but can't find anything on this.

I've encountered a bug with the D-30f7 engines.

When i put them on a craft they break the center of mass indicator (as in it no longer shows). VERY annoying when trying to build a plane, especially since they are my preferred engine...

Also, they don't light up on mouse over (or when assigning action groups) and when you take them off a craft and put them aside they don't become transparent.

I've searched the thread but can't find anything on this.

I've encountered a bug with the D-30f7 engines.

When i put them on a craft they break the center of mass indicator (as in it no longer shows). VERY annoying when trying to build a plane, especially since they are my preferred engine...

Also, they don't light up on mouse over (or when assigning action groups) and when you take them off a craft and put them aside they don't become transparent.

Read a couple posts before yours, someone has posted a fix on this, as well as an explanation as to why that happens.

This bug is triggered by the part having a resource with maxAmount=0 (Electrical Charge in case of b9 engines). If you installed the b9 tweakables fix, you can right-click the engine in SPH/VAB (note that it says NaN/0 for Electric Charge amount) and move the electric charge amount slider. The bug can be retriggered and "resolved" by the same method an unlimited amount of times.

You can prevent that bug by either changing the maxAmount to a non-zero value or removing the Electric Charge resource module altogether in the configs of the engines.

Raven: there's a much better solution, which is to add this to a new cfg file in GameData (assuming ModuleManager 1.5.6 is installed, which it should be):

//Starwaster/NathanKell
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines],@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]]
{
@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
{
%isTweakable = false
%hideFlow = true
}
}

This will fix the problem for any engine ever, and it will also not involve changing amounts or anything, just adding the two fields that are required for .23+ engine parts (or anything with 0 amount).

Can we get a Mk2 F-35 vertical fan?

although it would look awesome, I doubt it will be added - the B9 pack already includes VTOL Engines, and I dont' see any necessity to get another type of them.

Some kind of weapons bay would be cool too.

If you think about some kind of 'Bomb bay' i have to disappoint you - this has already been denied.

You can already make a vertical fan quite easily by sticking an intake and engine vertically through the fuselage, looks quite decent even if you get it lined up right.

just thinking about it - have you considered using an upside-down MK2 cargo bay and putting the engine inside or place the intake inside a normally placed cargo bay (frontal F-35 intake-style)?

First post but my game freezes at the load screen when B9 is installed. I tried running the reduced textures without any other mods, and the game still freezes at load.

I'm running KW, Kerbal Engineer, Navyfish's docking mod, and KSP Interstellar on 0.23 with 8GB memory.

I've got a problem with all the parts showing in the research area (I've replaced the firespitter and exsurgent engineering .dlls), parts like the cargo bays are missing and I haven't seen any obvious fix for it. I also have Alternis Kerbol, Firespitter, Hyper Edit, FAR and Procedural Dynamics installed. This bug or whatever it is, is really annoying as I really miss being able to build with B9 in 0.23.

Any help or suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance. :D

I've got a problem with all the parts showing in the research area (I've replaced the firespitter and exsurgent engineering .dlls), parts like the cargo bays are missing and I haven't seen any obvious fix for it. I also have Alternis Kerbol, Firespitter, Hyper Edit, FAR and Procedural Dynamics installed. This bug or whatever it is, is really annoying as I really miss being able to build with B9 in 0.23.

Any help or suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance. :D

First thing, try to start a new sandbox game (solely as a test) and see if the B9 parts show up in the SPH/VAB. If they do not show up, then we need to yank it off and re-install the mod. If they do show up, then we'll go from there.

Im kinda new to the KSP world and have just started to get into the mods i love the design and quantity of things this mod brings but im at a loss i can build with all the parts but it seams the 2 stage engines dont work but i an toggle between the modes. Is there a plugin im missing or some secret button i cant figure out that actually engages thrust. Any help would be great :)

First thing, try to start a new sandbox game (solely as a test) and see if the B9 parts show up in the SPH/VAB. If they do not show up, then we need to yank it off and re-install the mod. If they do show up, then we'll go from there.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it (via the Spaceport link), replaced both .dlls. Also I've uninstalled any other mods, however when I go into Sandbox or Career parts such as all the cargo bays, adapters, etc. don't show up. Engines and Capsules/Cockpits do though. So as of now, I have no idea what to do because it seems everyone else's is working fine.

Finally, do you think if I reinstall KSP, that it may work? :D