[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Is the S2 large crew structure working?, I get people inside, but then I cant take them out, and they dont appear in the lower right corner. It's sad, I build a transport for a challenge and people cant get out!

Click on the hatch on the top and you should get a list of everybody inside. The reason their portraits aren't in the corner is that the IVA hasn't been created yet. The same issue happens with Squad's mobile lab for the same reason.

Been trying to find a fix for the dancing landing gears, no matter how slow, fast, strutted i try and take of, at some point they just say "**** off" and go their seperate ways, and my planes start dancing and bouncing themselves to death.

This forum is huge, and get sidetracked so very often i fear i must try the same and ask ... Is there a way around this? Sorry if answered before, it's well hidden!

Edit: Like someone mentioned before, the stock landing gears don't have this issue, but they're so tiny :(

Edited by Masakakihara

Click on the hatch on the top and you should get a list of everybody inside. The reason their portraits aren't in the corner is that the IVA hasn't been created yet. The same issue happens with Squad's mobile lab for the same reason.

ehm..., had it blocked with the wings, thanks a lot :)

also thank you afroraydude!

Deciding to not play the game until this updates seems to have been a bad investment.

I downloaded all of the mods that Scott Manley uses during his 'Interstellar' series, and I was hoping to use them in conjunction with some other smaller mods; however, this pack, a seemingly large addition to the game (one that would surely stand out if missing,) eludes 0.23. Granted, I could play the game without the mod, and I have been, but I like to keep things consistent in my games, and I'm playing career mode. Unlocking the parts long after I unlocked all the rest wouldn't be as satisfying.

My main concern is, then, the status of the mod's current development. I'm wondering if anyone can point me to an official source that comments on it. I don't know how long the updates typically take for this particular mod so I could be wrong and just not waiting long enough.

Deciding to not play the game until this updates seems to have been a bad investment.

I downloaded all of the mods that Scott Manley uses during his 'Interstellar' series, and I was hoping to use them in conjunction with some other smaller mods; however, this pack, a seemingly large addition to the game (one that would surely stand out if missing,) eludes 0.23. Granted, I could play the game without the mod, and I have been, but I like to keep things consistent in my games, and I'm playing career mode. Unlocking the parts long after I unlocked all the rest wouldn't be as satisfying.

My main concern is, then, the status of the mod's current development. I'm wondering if anyone can point me to an official source that comments on it. I don't know how long the updates typically take for this particular mod so I could be wrong and just not waiting long enough.

An ETA for the next update would be awesome.

An ETA for the next beer to miracle itself into my hand would be nice too, but asking or even hinting for one isn't going to make it happen.

Sorry fellas, looks like we're all just going to have to kick back and hang tight until Bac9's darned good and ready to loose another bomb on the testing range. Read back a ways, you'll see he's already been dropping some pretty tasty teasers, and based on those alone I'm prepared to wait as long as it takes! :P

The mod's author hasn't been heard from in awhile (several weeks as a conservative estimate). I have full faith in Bac9, but don't hold your breath that any mod author will bring an update. Also, you don't have to wait for Bac9 to update to play in 0.23. Donwload the latest version of the plugins, and everything will work.

I've made it work with 0.23 and I have very limited knowledge of modding. If someone likes it so much they can make it work too, all updates/changes that need to be made have been added here in the forum numerous times, there is even a seperate post on what to do to make b9 work with 0.23, thanks to all people that continue to contribute bits and pieces to keep it alive. One thing I'd like to add (which is also already mentioned) is that you might have to choose between interstellar or b9 for now since there is a bug that overheats the Sabre engines. I also found that in addition to the wheels cfg tweak I added 500 units of extra fuel and oxidizer on each b9 tank to have enough fuel for comfortable orbits and added more air intake for the erm....intakes so that I can go to 20k altitude like I used to with airbreathing.

The mod's author hasn't been heard from in awhile (several weeks as a conservative estimate). I have full faith in Bac9, but don't hold your breath that any mod author will bring an update. Also, you don't have to wait for Bac9 to update to play in 0.23. Donwload the latest version of the plugins, and everything will work.

The last post from him anywhere on the KSP forums was 25 December. I haven't given up hope yet that he will appear again but I am starting to get a bit pessimistic.

I've made it work with 0.23 and I have very limited knowledge of modding. If someone likes it so much they can make it work too, all updates/changes that need to be made have been added here in the forum numerous times, there is even a seperate post on what to do to make b9 work with 0.23, thanks to all people that continue to contribute bits and pieces to keep it alive. One thing I'd like to add (which is also already mentioned) is that you might have to choose between interstellar or b9 for now since there is a bug that overheats the Sabre engines. I also found that in addition to the wheels cfg tweak I added 500 units of extra fuel and oxidizer on each b9 tank to have enough fuel for comfortable orbits and added more air intake for the erm....intakes so that I can go to 20k altitude like I used to with airbreathing.

Would you be able to link us to that? I know Scott Manley mentioned it in his last Interstellar episode, but he didn't, I don't think, provide a link.

I know what I would originally say in this post would be met with varying amounts of backlash and condescending remarks.

So, I would like someone to explain to me where in the process of earning their business degrees were they told that giving a quick "I'm still working on it!" official update is actually a bad thing for them, their product, and their customers/users?

I'm not blaming Bac9 for anything negative or getting aggravated that it's been so long since anything was said, but I see this happen a lot with many projects. Typically, wondering why an update hasn't been made regarding the status of something is a hazardous thing to do because people will violently attack the quizzical poster for being dumb enough to ask something like that. Often it would be stated that they should "Give him/her time, stop rushing them." or "They aren't obligated to update you on anything, so **** off." or "Stop worrying about it, it will happen eventually." or "You don't have to use it, if you don't like how this works go find something else."

It's like interacting with your users is a bad thing.

Now, I'm a computer science major; I program things. I have not taken anything beyond some basic business classes. I am not a public relations expert, I don't know how customer satisfaction works, and I have never made a large project like this. Furthermore, I have no idea what Bac9's current circumstances are regarding his/her life, time, health, availability, enthusiasm, or legal right. One thing, however, always tends to elude me in regards to developers.

Why do people and companies avoid giving well spaced updates of the status of their projects? Again, I'm not pointing fingers or throwing insults. This is simply a discussion point that is ever so slightly related to this mod, specifically: its status.

I personally don't see the logic if everything else isn't burning down or some other thing is holding me back from my computer so much that I can't spend 5 minutes to post what's up. I would prefer it, and I like to think I would do it for my users eventually.

Can't wait to use the mod.

Edited by Crazierinzane

Been trying to find a fix for the dancing landing gears, no matter how slow, fast, strutted i try and take of, at some point they just say "**** off" and go their seperate ways, and my planes start dancing and bouncing themselves to death.

This forum is huge, and get sidetracked so very often i fear i must try the same and ask ... Is there a way around this? Sorry if answered before, it's well hidden!

Edit: Like someone mentioned before, the stock landing gears don't have this issue, but they're so tiny :(

I found that disabling the Dynamic Steering on each Gear fixes this problem, hope it helps!

wait maybe not :(

Edited by Fenlig
After more investigations

I know what I would originally say in this post would be met with varying amounts of backlash and condescending remarks.

So, I would like someone to explain to me where in the process of earning their business degrees were they told that giving a quick "I'm still working on it!" official update is actually a bad thing for them, their product, and their customers/users?

I'm not blaming Bac9 for anything negative or getting aggravated that it's been so long since anything was said, but I see this happen a lot with many projects. Typically, wondering why an update hasn't been made regarding the status of something is a hazardous thing to do because people will violently attack the quizzical poster for being dumb enough to ask something like that. Often it would be stated that they should "Give him/her time, stop rushing them." or "They aren't obligated to update you on anything, so **** off." or "Stop worrying about it, it will happen eventually." or "You don't have to use it, if you don't like how this works go find something else."

It's like interacting with your users is a bad thing.

Now, I'm a computer science major; I program things. I have not taken anything beyond some basic business classes. I am not a public relations expert, I don't know how customer satisfaction works, and I have never made a large project like this. Furthermore, I have no idea what Bac9's current circumstances are regarding his/her life, time, health, availability, enthusiasm, or legal right. One thing, however, always tends to elude me in regards to developers.

Why do people and companies avoid giving well spaced updates of the status of their projects? Again, I'm not pointing fingers or throwing insults. This is simply a discussion point that is ever so slightly related to this mod, specifically: its status.

I personally don't see the logic if everything else isn't burning down or some other thing is holding me back from my computer so much that I can't spend 5 minutes to post what's up. I would prefer it, and I like to think I would do it for my users eventually.

Can't wait to use the mod.

Well said, my friend. :) For myself, I tend to assume the worst when someone drops off the map so completely, especially when there was no post along the lines of "Something's come up, won't be in contact for a while, not sure when I'll be back", etc.

So, I hope that Bac9 is in fact alright, and that there is some other, more benign, reason for the recent lack of communication.

I also am very much looking forward to using the new parts that were previewed several months ago. :)

A lot of „not that I’m doing X but

You seem to be confusing the modder-gamer relationship with the provider-customer one. It’s not one. It’s a game. Bac9 is totally entitled to vanish without a trace. Perhaps even due to obligations related to doing the exact thing you were demanding to their actual customers. Or just because they’re tired and this was taking too much of their time. And I can imagine many situations where he couldn’t take 5 minutes to do this, from sickness, via lack of time and considering this a habit he wants to drop cold-turkey and other personal reasons, up to just being fairly busy and having a better use for most of his 5-minute time slots.

TL;DR: don’t apply your business stuff. This is not business.

Bac9 is still active. If you look at his profile youll see he logged in a few days ago but currently isnt posting. I guess the poor guy eather got a little overwhelmed by all the perhaps not so polite critizism, has some irl stuff going on or just needed a break. It happens. Remember, he is doing this for free after all. The mod is really good and high quality allround.

With some tweaking all the components work well with ksp 0.23 so what im really excited for in an update would be those huge structural components he showcased in late december

Edited by landeTLS

You seem to be confusing the modder-gamer relationship with the provider-customer one. It’s not one. It’s a game. Bac9 is totally entitled to vanish without a trace. Perhaps even due to obligations related to doing the exact thing you were demanding to their actual customers. Or just because they’re tired and this was taking too much of their time. And I can imagine many situations where he couldn’t take 5 minutes to do this, from sickness, via lack of time and considering this a habit he wants to drop cold-turkey and other personal reasons, up to just being fairly busy and having a better use for most of his 5-minute time slots.

TL;DR: don’t apply your business stuff. This is not business.

Yes, I believe I addressed your type of response in one of the quoted parts of my post, generally something I would consider ignoring.

I would argue that the modder-gamer relationship is, in fact, synonymous with the provider-customer one. To pool it all together under one umbrella, we're talking about a creator-user relationship. Modders create something for people to use, and companies create something for people to use. Bac9 can vanish without a trace just as well as any one company could, and have done before. No, you can't really imagine a big, well-known company to perform a vanishing act like that (though I'm sure that such a thing is entirely in the realm of possibility.) I think the most applicable here would be indie companies; they vanish with no word all the time. In one moment of the year a game is being created and put up for Alpha release on Steam, in the very next moment no one can reach them, they don't post any reason for the long withdrawal, and the local forums become an unpleasant ghost town of lost dreams and perpetual anger--I've seen it happen.

Bac9 has no standard to conform to, no obligation, no driving reason being forced upon them to say or do anything.

Just because you aren't expected to do something doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

Like I said: barring tremendous bodily injury or sickness, circumstances beyond their control like being in prison or out of country, or as you have suggested: quitting cold-turkey, there's very little reason why a post can't and shouldn't be made (until someone explains to me why, which was my original question.) Ethically, I think it's a bad idea to quit something like this cold-turkey, but that's just my opinion. I attribute this to the consequences I've seen other people quitting similar projects cold-turkey, and it generally won't end well. My personal opinion, mind you, is that I would have an obligation to tell people that I am humbly moving away form the project for good, not to return--ever. For myself as closure, and for my users as a sign of appreciation for their use of my creation (product, mod), I would consider that to be the preferred course of action. Of course, I still have no idea, nor would pry into, what the reason for this uninterrupted delay is.

I'm simply making discussion for discussion's sake.

Yes, I believe I addressed your type of response in one of the quoted parts of my post, generally something I would consider ignoring.

No, you dimissed it. Which I am pointing out is a sign of your tunnel vision...

I would argue that the modder-gamer relationship is, in fact, synonymous with the provider-customer one.

This is utterly untrue, and, furthermore, treating is as such is damaging - many modders are actually discouraged by the pressure you're putting on them. This is someone's free time you're claiming.

Just because you aren't expected to do something doesn't mean you shouldn't do it.

You are repeating the "Not that I say X but X" pattern, with just minor spin changes. You just exactly said, in so many words, that you do actually expect bac9 to do something. In fact, the entire point of your message seems to be thinly veiled patronizing "concern" about the impact on hist reputation, both inside and outside the community. That is uncalled for.

Like I said: barring tremendous bodily injury or sickness, circumstances beyond their control like being in prison or out of country, or as you have suggested: quitting cold-turkey, there's very little reason why a post can't and shouldn't be made

He doesn't want to or doesn't have the energy to. Or he'd rather go get some ice cream instead.

I'm simply making discussion for discussion's sake.

To keep with the "putting a nice spin on things", I don't want to say you're trolling, but I do suspect you're making discussion for discussion's sake. Which I would generally ignore, but a) I skipped my breakfast and that makes me grumpy, and B) while lurking on this forum I'm pretty sure I've seen modders retreat due to undue pressure put upon them by entitled players. Which I won't point fingers at, because I don't want to put even more pressure on.

Anyhow, I'm done here, if this doesn't convince you to back off, nothing will.

Any maybe Bac9 just doesn't have anything to say, don't you think? He might as well be working on finalizing and testing the new parts, and would rather spend time on that rather than on forum discussion. Also, he might be changing plugin stuff around. With ExsurgentEngineering pretty much done for, he might want a new gimbal plugin, and SABREs could be switched to stock system. Trust me, those things take a lot of time.

Angry ranting.

I guess I'll try and make things easier for you.

• I am not pressuring anyone on anything.
  • I am making discussion simply to create discussion.
  • This shouldn't affect Bac9 unless he/she mistakenly assumes I am directing addressing him/her.
  • How Bac9 operates this mod is not up to me, is not up to you, and is entirely subject to the breeze.
  • Try not to rant when you are angry. It diminishes the quality of the rant.
  • I have an opinion, popular or not, on how something related to the mod should be.
  • That opinion was put out there for discussion.
  • You are taking personal offense and getting angry over an internet opinion as well as assuming personal offense and anger for someone you don't even know (Bac9).
  • If you don't like it, and would rather not reply, I am not obligating you to. You can just as well ignore me entirely and have a nice day (I suggest this as a course of action for you to take.)

There, are we done? Life isn't so serious.

Any maybe Bac9 just doesn't have anything to say, don't you think? He might as well be working on finalizing and testing the new parts, and would rather spend time on that rather than on forum discussion. Also, he might be changing plugin stuff around. With ExsurgentEngineering pretty much done for, he might want a new gimbal plugin, and SABREs could be switched to stock system. Trust me, those things take a lot of time.

I factored in Bac9 not wanting to say anything when I was forming the original post, I didn't specifically write it down because there was plenty of examples to give a general direction of the point I was trying to make. Sure, Bac9 can not want to say anything, Bac9 can be done already and just not posting the next update. Bac9 could be testing, could be working, could be changing the plugins.

My point wasn't whether someone was doing something or not, was held up or not, was incapacitated to some degree or not. My point was 'Why not make an update post if nothing is wrong?'

I'm not looking for reasons or justifications to why an update post cannot be made if reasons include any of the previously listed conditions that would stop someone from updating. I'm looking for reasons or justifications that would stop someone from updating if there was absolutely nothing to stop them from updating. When I mean updating I'm talking about a quick "hello" and "we got this". The reasons and justifications I'm looking to discuss are supposed to be ethical ones.

You're right though, not having anything to say is an excellent reason.

That's why I would say more on it if I had more time to, but I don't at the moment.

Sorry!