[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

The .22 version already is integrated into the science trees. But if you are add it after you have already unlocked the various nodes, you will notice that the parts will have to be individually unlocked for each of those already researched categories. They don't automatically unlock for stuff that's already been researched.

My wheels are kinda behaving weird..

Any solutions for that?

More struts? (No really, that's what I've found to be the best solution so far)

Actually...strut them, and also add an extra set of wheels if you can. Apparently there's an issue with how much weight and force the B9 gear can handle, so you have to use extra sets of gears just like a normal plane would (though slightly more since even fighter-sized craft seem to need the extra support).

But yeah, strut the part to the landing gear, two should each should do it unless it's a really heavy plane.

My problem is I can't get B9 to work with Interstellar and KW Rocketry without crashing due to lack of 32bit RAM. I have the texture reduction packs installed without success, at least 50% of the time the game will CTD and the logs will show that all of the 3.whatever GB addressable from a 32bit app were in use and there was an error on an alloc or reference to an invalid address.

I really hope we get a 64bit version at some point, I love how diverse and well designed these mods are!

My problem is I can't get B9 to work with Interstellar and KW Rocketry without crashing due to lack of 32bit RAM. I have the texture reduction packs installed without success, at least 50% of the time the game will CTD and the logs will show that all of the 3.whatever GB addressable from a 32bit app were in use and there was an error on an alloc or reference to an invalid address.

I really hope we get a 64bit version at some point, I love how diverse and well designed these mods are!

Go here :D get the aggressive verion http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-Release-2-15-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs%21

Actually...strut them, and also add an extra set of wheels if you can. Apparently there's an issue with how much weight and force the B9 gear can handle, so you have to use extra sets of gears just like a normal plane would (though slightly more since even fighter-sized craft seem to need the extra support).

But yeah, strut the part to the landing gear, two should each should do it unless it's a really heavy plane.

I've worked on R/L fighter jets, so I know how massive those gear are by themselves and that's what I use as my reference for strutting aircraft in KSP. If it isn't supposed to move, you strut the hell out of it.

My wheels are kinda behaving weird..

Any solutions for that?

wheels are broken in 0.23 , specialy on heavy planes. Solution was posted couple pages before:

go into the config files of the wheels (Parts -> Utility_Landing_Gear_HDG) and change the line

sidewaysStiffness = 2

to

sidewaysStiffness = 0.01

that should fix the wobbling and the "planes moves uncontrollable on runway"

Well, I for one am not having one single problem with B9, other than being required to wait for more new awesome sci-fi style parts like everyone else, that is, so I just want to say thanks to Bac for this great mod. I think it's the first one I ever DL'd from Spaceport last year when I started playing (last June, I think. Right when v0.20 was released, shortly after what everyone's calling 'The Great Forum Derp' of April 2013, lol).

I don't use all the parts, I don't see how anyone could, there are so many! :) But it's easy enough to delete the folders and/or configs of the parts I don't want, so no worries. I also have adjusted configs of other parts to suit my play style, for instance, the M27 cockpit: I stretched it lengthwise (the 'Y' axis in the config, I believe) by 1.5x, this makes it look a bit sleeker and less blunt and stubby. Here's the point, btw, lol: After stretching the part, I got to really looking at it close up, and saw that underneath the 'hatch doors' (which are, unfortunately, completely cosmetic, the EVA point is on the top of the pod for some reason) there are graphics which indicate the presence of a BUILT IN ladder on each side! That would be so cool if they really worked! Of course, I realize that Bac9 never intended for there to actually be a ladder animation there, my understanding is that this wasn't even possible in Unity when he made the part, to have more than one animation per part I mean. And for the M27, that 'animation' is the cockpit windows lighting up, I guess.

Anyway, my request to Mr. Bac9 would be this: Now that it IS possible to have more than one animation per part, would you consider putting a real built in ladder on the side, where the door is now? And, also, moving the EVA point to one of the doors on the side as well? I know there can still be only one EVA point per part, and that it has to be within one meter of the part's origin, or CoM, or something like that, but that shouldn't be a problem for this cockpit, I wouldn't think. Point is, it wouldn't matter to me which side it was on, left or right, if I could get the functional ladder built in. :D

This is one of my favorite B9 parts, that's all, and I figure it can't hurt to ask. Oh, while I'm asking, how about making it just a tiny eensy weensy bit more 'streamlined', by leaning the front glass back to maybe a 60 degree angle? From horizontal, I mean. 30 degrees from vertical. Or, heck, you could even lean it FORWARD 30 degrees, and it would still look great, lol. That would make it even more of an 'Overview Cockpit', is how I believe the title reads. Anyway, it would still be mostly upright, but it would just look like it could handle supersonic/hypersonic pressures a bit better during launch or re-entry. And I think it would look a lot cooler than it already looks, lol. IMHO. :) Finally, I also think it would be visually pleasing (and look a bit more 'realistic', dimension-wise) if the actual cockpit portion of the part, the greenhouse area and structure behind it such as the 'doors', etc. were just a bit wider, perhaps? I just don't see how a Kerbal's helmet would fit in that cockpit, width wise, lol!

Okay, that's all. I know I tend to make really long posts, sorry if that bothers anyone.

Happy flying. :D

You have some good ideas Neutrinovore, but you appear to have missed a memo. KSP supports multiple hatches per part. (See: The new Mobile Processing Lab, the new FASA Launch Tower) The only problem is that the "EVA" button randomly defaults to one of the airlocks. (Which is, more often than not, the one you don't want.)

You have some good ideas Neutrinovore, but you appear to have missed a memo. KSP supports multiple hatches per part. (See: The new Mobile Processing Lab, the new FASA Launch Tower) The only problem is that the "EVA" button randomly defaults to one of the airlocks. (Which is, more often than not, the one you don't want.)

Oh, really? Cool, even better, maybe we could get hatches and ladders on both sides anyway then. :cool:

As for the random hatch selection thing, I never noticed, but that's probably because when I want to EVA, I just left-click the hatch itself, which brings up a list of the Kerbals in the part, and I select who I want from that. Unless that's a CrewManifest feature, I'm just realizing it could be, lol. I've been using it for so long that I'm spoiled. :D

Are there instructions on how to use the wing parts? I notice that they don't "snap" together and it is sometimes difficult to line them up properly. Additionally, when I have several wing parts and i want to attach something like a fuel tank or engine to more than one wing part, it will only "attach" to one part and then when it is on the runway, the wing separates and flaps around. is there a way to attach something to multiple parts so it all sticks together?

Hey, I download the pack (painfully slow) and then I cannot unzip it :(

WinRAR tells me that the archive has the wrong format or that it is broken...

Please tell me if the problem is on my side and if anyone else is also experiencing this.

Thanks

Hey, I download the pack (painfully slow) and then I cannot unzip it :(

WinRAR tells me that the archive has the wrong format or that it is broken...

Please tell me if the problem is on my side and if anyone else is also experiencing this.

Thanks

I recommend either switching to 7-Zip since WinRAR technically isn't supposed to be free, or try downloading the pack again. Sometimes the files get corrupted (happened with Space Engine texture packs for me). :)

Is the S2 large crew structure working?, I get people inside, but then I cant take them out, and they dont appear in the lower right corner. It's sad, I build a transport for a challenge and people cant get out!

Is the S2 large crew structure working?, I get people inside, but then I cant take them out, and they dont appear in the lower right corner. It's sad, I build a transport for a challenge and people cant get out!

right click the crew hatch, does it show anybody?