[It's finally here!] Apollo Replica "MUNBUG XII" Saturn V, CSM, Lander, Buggy

Just testing out a more stable version for .21 it may be that quite a bit of fuel is wasted fighting munbug 9 into orbit with the weaker sas. I'll update when its ready.

Also its worth noting that the lander and cm are in no way attached to each other until you dock with it , the cm is attached to the fairings around the lander (just like the real apollo). So separating the lander early will just leave it floating around inside the fairing.

For the same reason firing your fairings before launch will mean the cm will fall off of the rocket!

How did you pull off that wizardry?

It's really quite a simple procedure... you just have to shout at a computer screen for a few months until it does what you want!

"Simple" he says... I've picked this thing completely apart and the amount of ingenuity in the design is staggering. Every stage has something that makes you go "well that's clever!" and the whole CSM/MM assembly (including the fairing) just takes the cake. Even if you can't handle flying it this rocket is a real playground in the VAB.

I'm taping another episode from today till probably Wednesday and want your help with some of your cool designs. Here is a link to the page explaining whats to come. If you don't have a design for the featured topic but have one that you would like in a future show send that one too.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/46669-KSP-Ship-Submitions

I'm taping another episode from today till probably Wednesday and want your help with some of your cool designs. Here is a link to the page explaining whats to come. If you don't have a design for the featured topic but have one that you would like in a future show send that one too.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/46669-KSP-Ship-Submitions

Not sure I have anything for the current one... but I see you are doing one on rockets and missiles!

Have a look at these two threads....just click the pictures. Plenty of missile recreations in these!

f18m.jpg

r0rq.jpg

Congratulations Mulbin, your Munbug has been stickied as the Spacecraft Exchanges first featured thread :D

Woot! Thanks Sal, I'd better get Munbug X up tomorrow, it's pretty much the same but with a few more SAS modules to make the first stage a bit easier to control without having to use manual all the way!

UPDATE!!!

Munbug X released. A relatively small update, mainly to add stability under the new reaction wheel system.

Main post updated.

Congratulations Mulbin, you deserve the recognition!

Thanks! Was a very nice surprise.

Whoa... just noticed.... 60,000 views and rising! More than a little proud that this is now by far the most viewed thread for a single craft on the forum!

Thanks to everyone for all the support, you keep wanting my ships, I'll keep making them!

Little Suggestion, Mulbin: At all you early rockets and Beatnik and everything else you have such great launch towers. Why not here? the launchtower of the Saturn V is the most famous ever existed!

Little Suggestion, Mulbin: At all you early rockets and Beatnik and everything else you have such great launch towers. Why not here? the launch tower of the Saturn V is the most famous ever existed!

The problem is part count... Munbug is already well on the way towards 900 parts. with a launch tower that size I can see it hitting 1500 parts. which would cause some epic lag.

Lol, some people are never happy, always want more from a brilliant craft ;-)

Myself included!... which is why there are now 10 versions of Munbug ;)