[It's finally here!] Apollo Replica "MUNBUG XII" Saturn V, CSM, Lander, Buggy

Not very happy about this, I'm guessing I didn't fly this ship well, but my CM needed help from the LM fuel supply to lower the orbit enough. The lander shares the same fuel for descent and ascent. Both modules have no fuel. Now I have to launch a rescue mission.

All the parts of it look amazing though, so I guess it's not that bad.

This craft definitely has enough fuel...

I don't know what you are talking about. I just got to Ike with it!?

Further progress on Munbug XI...

A new lander means a new S-IVB (third stage) and a new fairing! Really pleased with how this is going. Entire top half of the rocket will be a completely new build, just using the first and second stages from Munbug XI. Also a new design on the CSM to allow for the smaller docking port. Hopefully will release this soon!

l3xh.jpg

They get in through the hatch of course! Here is the LEM attached to the CSM. So far I think it looks better than the over sized LEM when docked.

5z8f.jpg

Do you have a screenshot with the sun behind you? It's a bit difficult picking out details.

I finally got around to flying the Munbug X.

I think one of the tanks in the lunar ascent stage (on the right-hand side) was drained by the descent stage when it wasn't supposed to. I'll investigate further later.

Keep up the good work.

Now I LOVE the Munbug and think its one of the most amazing crafts I have ever seen, but with your amazing building skills I think you could make an amazing Space Shuttle! This guy also thinks so: (Cant remeber his name)

Dear Mulbin,

MAKE A SPACE SHUTTLE. I WOULD EXPLODE IF YOU DID.

Now I LOVE the Munbug and think its one of the most amazing crafts I have ever seen, but with your amazing building skills I think you could make an amazing Space Shuttle! This guy also thinks so: (Cant remeber his name)

Dear Mulbin,

MAKE A SPACE SHUTTLE. I WOULD EXPLODE IF YOU DID.

Building a space shuttle similar to the one you're thinking of is not an easy task, mostly due to the very small gimbal range of engines. I've only been able to accomplish this once.

Progress update - Munbug XI

A complete change of direction! Much as I like the Munbug lander I've always wished that it was smaller - it is oversized for the CSM and also pokes out of the fairings.

Soon I will release a new version with a much smaller and more accurately shaped lander! This will still have 2 crew, a rover and some experiment packages.

83zm.jpg

I'm going nuts trying to work out what you did with that new lander. I'm sure you used seats. So no internal view? I cant wait to see it up close.

Apologies, been awway for a while!

Will Munbug XI have a more Apollo-like escape tower?

Yes, I'll be reworking the tower to hopefully include a shroud for the nosecone.

I'm going nuts trying to work out what you did with that new lander. I'm sure you used seats. So no internal view? I cant wait to see it up close.

No... it uses pods.... I'll post some pics soon.

Can you release an un-fairinged version or something? My computer is contemplating exploding.

EDIT: It didn't really, um, get into orbit....

Sorry but that's not possible. The fairing connects the CSM to the rest of the rocket (like the real Apollo) so can't be removed.

Why is this not stickied anymore?

It was Spacecraft of the month for September, I asssume a new craft will be announced pretty soon!

A big thankyou to the 25,000 people who viewed the thread while it was stickied!

The fairing connects the CSM to the rest of the rocket (like the real Apollo) so can't be removed.

AH! I wondered how everything sort of slid out so well like that. Must have another look at models of the lander and shroud to see how it all goes together...

I`m with the crowd of people who can`t see how you fitted a pod into that lander without clipping it. Can`t wait to see it.

AH! I wondered how everything sort of slid out so well like that. Must have another look at models of the lander and shroud to see how it all goes together...

I`m with the crowd of people who can`t see how you fitted a pod into that lander without clipping it. Can`t wait to see it.

Without clipping? I never said it was without clipping lol. Munbug is full of clipping... it's practically a monument to clipping! I never really got why people don't like clipping, it isn't a "cheat" as it doesnt make anything easier... you still have all of the weight. If anything it makes things much harder to build as you need to brace a lot with struts.... same bits just put together in a prettier way!