What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Made my first ever trip to another planet. Made it to Mun and Minmus before, but managed to land on Eve today. No mods, or plugins, just lots of luck. Still there though, and out of fuel, so Making a crew return vessel now. Awesome day, so ridiculously proud of myself. Sad, I know, but hey.

Knocked up a Voyager-style probe and launched it to LKO.

Also discovered that the thrust limiter on engines works like a multiplier to the throttle setting. For example:

LV-909 Maximum thrust: 50 kN

Thrust limiter: 80%

Throttle: 50%

Result: 20 kN of thrust, not 25 kN.

It makes sense in hindsight, but wasn't what I'd expected.

Put one of the last of my delivery ships into orbit for setting up a 40 Kerbal colony on Duna. A couple refinery rovers left and a super fuel-efficient drop shuttle for moving the fuel up to a station and I'll be done and ready for the Great Migration!

sxxz.png

That's three mining rovers. There's two Mobile Command Centers, 9 habitation pods, 3 science stations, 12 total rovers (some mining, some science and exploration, some fuel and repair) and 7 smaller landers and transports for moving population, fuel and supplies, even a couple of larger ones for relocation of rovers and habitation pods if necessary.

Pack the kids Martha, we're movin' ta Duna!

Did some station maintenance by building a crew transport module and sent 4 new crew up to my space station that sits half way between Kerbin and Mun. It took a bit of time as it splits on landing and lands the flight crew separate from the passenger crew just for some added fun and challenge. I think my next plan is to launch my 4 newly designed satellites around Kerbin before sending a few to Mun. Then it will be time to start working a "manned" mission and start setting up a Mun base.

Got some atmospherical science. Isn't that cutest airplane you ever seen?

ig2YVXx.jpg

P.S. : Don't trust it. That b...ch have peek speed of Mach 4, but can go in a flat spin already at 1,5 Mach. Steer carefuly.

Made my first ever trip to another planet. Made it to Mun and Minmus before, but managed to land on Eve today. No mods, or plugins, just lots of luck. Still there though, and out of fuel, so Making a crew return vessel now. Awesome day, so ridiculously proud of myself. Sad, I know, but hey.

Having done this, I have just read about launch windows. I did not know this before. I had to burn to the far side of Eve's orbit, burn retrograde to put my Apoaps on the right part, then circularize and wait for an encounter. Im sure this wasted a huge amount of fuel, meaning I might be able to go again and make it back, if im smart with fuel. Well, I guess I have a lot to learn!

and again. Take off from Ike, circularise at 75km. And the moment I shut down my engines on reaching orbit I get a popup saying I've crashed into Ike. And that after first completing a full orbit at 20km to get the science from low over Ike, so no crashing into terrain.

I had my first tangle with Moho...... and lost. I didn't expect it would be so much harder to hit than the other planets.

I had the opposite problem with my first Moho probe; I was aiming for a flyby but hit it head on at about 7km/s

I had another explossion, this time without even launching... and I got to break my speed record from a couple of days ago by a stupidly high margin.

Speed of 1,887,716,695,373,040,000,000.0m/s which is a number that I almost don't know how to read on English xD

PHdVLhg.png

Edited by Demon_82
Found a faster piece of debris XD

Got Jeb a new space bus for giving his boys rides to the planets and he immediately took it for a quick burn out to Eve.

buseve.jpg

Probably should have thought about what he was doing, as he's now stuck out there on his own for a few months. Hope he packed some underwear...

Still, it's his job. One of my few personal rules is: "Jeb never lands back on Kerbin" so I've got to find some trouble for him to get up to.

Edited by Seret

I had another explossion, this time without even launching... and I got to break my speed record from a couple of days ago by a stupidly high margin.

Speed of 1,887,716,695,373,040,000,000.0m/s which is a number that I almost don't know how to read on English xD

http://i.imgur.com/PHdVLhg.png

That number would read as:

one sextillion,

eight hundred eighty-seven quintillion,

seven hundred sixteen quadrillion,

six hundred ninety-five trillion,

three hundred seventy-three billion,

forty million

That's quite a snappy velocity. For reference, it's just shy of the current record for the speed at which bacon disappears from the serving plate here at home.

Did another attempt at probe to other planets as the farthest I have gotten was Minmus. Though I have several interplanetary ships and stations in orbit I hadn't acutally sent anything out yet. I got hooked on docking stuff..it was amazing how fun just that is. So I put into Orbit a probe station with the intent of launching it to Eve and dropping the 4 small lander probes in different area's of the planet to gather data. Since I had been working, this was the first time getting back into KSP after a few weeks and of course mistakes were made. I didn't put de-orbiting engines on the probe landers though they have fuel for an engine if they had one.. Not to waste the tech and time put into orbiting the craft I decided it would do a series of orbits releasing probes into low orbit to Aerobrake for capture and landing.

To do this I had to Aerobrake the entire craft which ended up going very badly, first I missed the initial Eve capture and was frantically burning fuel to get some kind of orbit. Then when I had maxed out all my fuel to get an orbit, I made it to low and the entire craft was on a collision course. Only 2 out of 4 probes landed, both DOD due to battery damage and the solar panels not being extended in time.

BUT I did finally land a probe on some other world...even if it doesn't work it's there and my first :D

That number would read as:

one sextillion,

eight hundred eighty-seven quintillion,

seven hundred sixteen quadrillion,

six hundred ninety-five trillion,

three hundred seventy-three billion,

forty million

That's quite a snappy velocity. For reference, it's just shy of the current record for the speed at which bacon disappears from the serving plate here at home.

As I suspected, it's completelly different to what my Spaniard mind tells me on how to read it, we use the "*illions" every 6 ciphers always...

...but bacon here goes also away that fast, no matter how you read the number xD

Infected Eeloo with a cold intelligence:

The Red Queen, Holly, Ziggy, Nomad, Joshua, HAL9001, Hactar, Holly, Holly, Joshua, Marvin, Ziggy, M5, and Nomad. 14 AIs (some with little originality in naming themselves), combined to be Abba-Dingo. All it does is think.

(And mine science: 168/day)

liO38f9.png

Built a little Voyager style probe and went flying around the system with it. Just over half a ton and around 380 m/s of delta-V. A transfer stage put it onto a Duna encounter, and then I flew by Duna, Kerbin, Duna, Duna, and Duna. And then ran out of fuel just short of arranging the Jool encounter.

Wasn't what I'd call time efficient, I ended up making several orbits waiting for encounters a few times, but still not bad for a first go at this stuff. Despite the fuel blown when setting up the 4th Duna flyby because I didn't realise I had the navball in surface mode; if I hadn't done that, I probably would have made Jool.