What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Moho window is coming in about 20 days so I am preparing a lander probe for that occasion. As it is coming out much heavier than I had planned at first that necessitated more powerful launch vehicle than anything I had built so far in my career. So this is a result, somewhat copying Delta IV Heavy

mPr3MRp.png

Plan was to have upper stage in 3,75 meters like first stage, but I don't have any 3,75m fairings yet so I decided to go with aesthetics and I made 2,5m upper stage with 2,5m expanded fairing

Landed on minimums for the first time with a 4 kerbal crew and a probe core... forgot to add kerbals. Still gained some cash though just not much science.

At least I figured out it would not be able to get back without stranding kerbals.

Wow guys, some of those huge rockets are horrifyingly awesome. :)

Meanwhile, I've continued work on my parts pack. I'm getting close to a releasable state (I can always add more parts later). With some suggestions, I've made some improvements. Plus some more parts.

Docking Helper now has color-coded lights at the top and bottom, and has been rotated to align the lights to the cardinal directions:

KSP%202014-09-03%2022-04-45-63.jpg

A 2.5m nose-cone that looks good on 2.5m tanks, but also on the stock 3.75m adapter:

KSP%202014-09-03%2021-52-27-52.jpg

A low-profile 2.5m decoupler (that is, nothing sticks out the sides):

KSP%202014-09-03%2021-52-04-11.jpg

A fuel tank that necks down to 2.5m at the top, from 3.75m at the bottom. Height is the same as a Rockomax X200-32 or FL-T800. Fuel capacity is roughly appropriate to the increase in volume over the X200-32 (rounded down to 1.5x increase over that tank, instead of the 1.58x from being a widened cone):

KSP%202014-09-03%2021-50-57-97.jpg

Altered the artwork a little for my flat adapters. White paint scheme, and bolted plates at the attachment points. They look great as end-caps by themselves.

KSP%202014-09-03%2021-50-35-57.jpg

Finished my new Venus lander and it's launcher. Since the lander is mostly solid fuel I had to launch it all in one go. I feel the flame trench is somewhat inadequate.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22015656/venusLanderSolid.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22015656/VenusLanderLauncher.jpg

Holy ......... You sir.. earned my deepest respect, now that second one is a beautifull beast..

dT8xryXnc.gif

I pray for you it takes of without a hitch :D

Dang those are some serious rockets. Well my exercise in frustration at scaling an XB-70 Valkyrie to KSP standards is starting to see some results. I am starting to get a feel for the part clipping I am going to need. Not to say a few crews have had technical difficulties.

tkbQPCg.png

e2IC8WJ.jpg

DWPj6m3.png

Edited by sumrex

I launched a solar power module for my KASA Space Station, However thing got a little wobbly on the way up. It still made it up and right as the docking ports connected the game crashed. and of cource I forgot to use the quick save feature.

Ignore the audio, for some reason it seems to have not recorded the game audio but did pick up my TV with my webcams mic.

Edited by ShawnPhillips

Dang those are some serious rockets. Well my exercise in frustration at scaling an XB-70 Valkyrie to KSP standards is starting to see some results. I am starting to get a feel for the part clipping I am going to need. Not to say a few crews have had technical difficulties.

Today I had a similar issue

XHSG5bC.png

Tip #1 for SRB planes: NEVER have a TWR of 10

Built a bomb.

Q0U6kvm.png

As you can probably guess, I originally intended for it to explode if you staged it, but due to the absurd degree of part clipping it just blows itself up as soon as it reaches the launch pad, spewing Sepratrons everywhere. Perhaps more boosters isn't always the answer...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13276416/KSP/ZE%20BOMB.craft

Today I decided to make an "almost" all in one ship. I want it to be capable to be an SSTO from any planet/moon (except Eve, maybe in the future), be capable to land on any planets and moons and have enough space for at least 8 or more Kerbals. I have a design ready and is actually undergoing testing around Minmus at the moment.

screenshot16.png

screenshot17.png

screenshot20.png

The only problem I'm seeing at the moment with this ship is that it's too tall, I really don't like tall landers. Maybe I'm going to scrap this design and build something new. :huh:

Today I decided to make an "almost" all in one ship. I want it to be capable to be an SSTO from any planet/moon (except Eve, maybe in the future), be capable to land on any planets and moons and have enough space for at least 8 or more Kerbals. I have a design ready and is actually undergoing testing around Minmus at the moment.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-83dR7jNdGBQ/VAin1f6j8AI/AAAAAAAABA0/-hVmpzZ4Uk4/w984-h553-no/screenshot16.png

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-AF9NwzLH1s8/VAin2hTZ3NI/AAAAAAAABAE/G1zYhQ20hTQ/w984-h553-no/screenshot17.png

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-lltx2YMBh74/VAin4K-rv3I/AAAAAAAABAY/mYAhGHuvK0M/w984-h553-no/screenshot20.png

The only problem I'm seeing at the moment with this ship is that it's too tall, I really don't like tall landers. Maybe I'm going to scrap this design and build something new. :huh:

That looks awesome and I agree about the tall landers they seem overly tip happy, however if you can get the landing gear to be you wide enough it might counter balance it some. Since there are no hinged parts in stock it is left to making ones the stick out some made from structural parts, or putting a ton of standard landing gear on the craft (unless a mod has a better alternative of course.).