What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

F-ed up as usual.

Eject an asteroid out of the solar system.

Built a Dawn powered ship I named "Redirecter" which was 3 times as expensive compared to  what the contract would give me. The idea was to be able to return it to kerbin refuel and use it for the next asteroid.

I also have a large Nerv powered ship I call "Pusher" to push things around the Kerbin system. I thought I could improve the odds by having that make the initial push and then return to Kerbin.

Everything went well lifting the orbit to beyond Duna and undock break hard and a 2 day coast back to Kerbin,

I thought this is going well so I switched back to the asteroid and selected pro-grade. But the engines would not start. On that 3,5 million kerbodollar ship I had no antennae. 

But I won't give up. I will chase that asteroid down with another 3 milliom dollar ship that has antennae. :/

I started a new JNSQ campaign. Went for a career with  a reduced  science gain. (And since I hate farming KSC and Kerbin for Science I gave myself a bonus of science points before starting .)

Jeb with the first Sub Orbital flight.

img%5D

And Val is the first kerbal in orbit. EVA isn't unlocked yet so more to come.

img%5D

17 minutes ago, N_Danger said:

(And since I hate farming KSC and Kerbin for Science I gave myself a bonus of science points before starting .)

The mod KEI will let you collect all the KSC science automatically.  I used to just turn the science down to 10% and collect it all, then turn it back up to normal. 

My first practical stock autopilot, flying my first practical 40-ton-to-orbit lifter.  Once again, thuds are hard to beat for an economical solution:

dipole.jpg

Instructions to fly it are hit T, Z, and space, wait 30 seconds, switch to prograde, and let autoval fly it the rest of the way to a good 90-100 to 100-100 orbit.

Once in orbit, all engines are deactivated and ready to be staged again as you please.

Current payload is a minmus fuel lander which reaches orbit with about 4K delta-v.  The ore container should let it bring ore up to the science lab to let it make snacks.

https://kerbalx.com/Corona688/99X-Dipole

Edited by Corona688

I completed my biggest space station that is inspired by the ISS. A bit late to the party.

s0bFvLP.png
It has an aimable telescope and atenna.

SWln7hx.jpg
Docking some capsules.

96GWtpE.jpg
Sunset on the station.

139nHui.png
Starship returning to the surface.

2fZLDmP.png

0ryt2FX.png
It has hinged back flaps to control the angle of attack on reentry, and to allow for a fast flip landing. I can only land it in slow motion (0.5x speed), but in that case it is pretty reliable!

Installed the game on my new machine! I've finally upgraded from my old A10-7870K (APU) to a shiny new Ryzen 5 5600X with a nvme Gen 4 1TB SSD (10x faster than my old ssd according to the benchmark tool I used) and... well, wowzers in my trousers its fast!

The only problem is it's paired with an old GTX 960 4gb. I can run the game on the very highest of settings quite nicely, but as soon as I tried Scatterer or EVE... well, hello 25fps! I'm sure I'll ask on the appropriate thread, but anyone know if I'm doing something wrong? or is that about what you'd expect from a GTX 960? Either way, its a hell of an improvement!

Getting back into KSP with a new JNSQ/Kerbalism career and spent most of today doing suborbital hops. The early-game is normally a bit of a  grind but Kerbalism combined with JNSQ's 6 km/s to reach orbit meant I had to scrounge for every last bit of science. The Z-2 (Zenith 2-5) and Z-3 (Zenith 6-10) have been my space program's major workhorses so far.

VMNtvwh.jpg

6KZSKPw.jpg

I was finally able to unlock bigger tanks after grinding barometer data. Val flying on Zenith 11 became the first pilot to reach orbit. 

YW2hfZR.jpg

aPwQnf2.jpg

After that I started unlocking probe parts, and the AKPOS 1's MITE experiment turned out to be a major science windfall. I'm now looking at doing some unmanned munar missions using the Z-4 as a launch vehicle.

G2VFaZY.jpg

I haven't visited these forums in a while, but I have been working on Planet textures for a kopernicus mod. I was inspires by planet packs like Beyond Home and Whirligig World to create my own planet mod, and I think I'm happy with a few of the planet textures.