What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Launched a big SRB into orbit and got Halberry Kermin to take the space station reueling ship and a klaw to dock with it before doing a Minmus transfer burn. Once there I got the test contract for the SRB on Minmus escape trajectory and brought Halberry back home. I then later went and looked at what the SRB was doing and got a Kraken strike that swept away every ship I had in orbit of Kerbin, Minmus and the Mun into one cluster of rapidly escaping vehicles so I had to quickload and do the SRB test again. Fortunately I'd saved just before the transfer burn so I didn't lose too much time.

screenshot842_zps2fb2260d.jpg

Successfully used my freighter for the first time. Without nukes she doesn't have the oomph to do interplanetary transfers fully loaded, but she's great for Kerbin's SOI. :D (Obviously she doesn't land anywhere though; orbit to orbit only, thank you.)

YZMw25G.png

Edited by JDCollie

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9346020/screenshot961.png

Just left Kerbin's SOI 8) AW YIS! 208 days until arrival

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9346020/landing%20on%20Duna.PNG

Some diagram i made for a forum friend to explain how land two crafts close to eachother.. another busy day at work :P

Awesome diagram dude. Thanks again for this!.

Refueled my Duna XPress ship in LKO.

kLqjGj4.jpg

When the transfer window came up, Jebediah launched from the KSC in a small rocket...

QpaZc5T.jpg

Just 13 minutes after take off, he had his rendezvousz with the Duna XPress and went on board...

ZKVfw7M.jpg

Leaving Kerbin for the first manned interplanetary mission in this campaign...

DXG5pcK.jpg

Two month later: arriving at the red planet. Everything worked well so far...

KXBBgFq.jpg

Jebediah collecting scientific data from the external instruments and experiments in a low orbit.

jEETb7o.jpg

As I began with the preparations for a landing, I had to realize that the central decoupler did not work. Wether it was due to a bug or an accidental clipping during designing the ship remained unclear. But it dawned on me, that my whole mission concept was flawed. I now had the choice between either aborting and heading home without a landing... or to land the whole ship including the travel-stage and then maybe send a rescue mission. After checking the upcoming transfer-windows and calculating the life support consumption untill help could arrive, I transferred fuel from the lander-stage to the travel-stage and decided to risk it.

The large ship decended towards the surface while I hoped the atmosphere wouldnt rip it apart and I would have enough control authority and TWR to get down in one piece...

foJAfY8.jpg

Shortly before touch-down...

h3ELffb.jpg

After the successfull landing, Jebediah kissed the ground in relief...

lbBdPki.jpg

...and rightfully planted the first flag on the surface. Whether or not he would get back home alive was to be seen...

zCSoZDJ.jpg

A rescue-ship was designed and launched from the KSC...

i5pe7se.jpg

The automated ship arriving at Duna and coming in for an aero-brake maneuver...

rnmVzVe.jpg

After a few aero-brake passes, the upper stage approached the landing-site and released the actual lander and return-ship...

qQpmHfP.jpg

...which was put down about 300 meters from Jebs vessel...

UpQF8lK.jpg

Close enough for him to jetpack-hop over to it. Just in case further unforseen problems would arrise, he stored all gathered samples and scientific data in the return-ship already, since that was automated and could return on its own in case Jeb would pass away before the next transfer-window...

Z2Yprmi.jpg

Then Jeb crawled back into his malfunctioned ship, relying on its life support ammounts (the rescue ship only has enough for the return trip). And he is now waiting for the next celestial constellation that would hopefully allow him to get back home alive...

7EvMYog.jpg

In the meantime, the LKO-science station ran out of supplies and so I had to send a pre-designed freighter there...

jsjCAWz.jpg

Fresh burgers incoming for all the scientists... :D

UTeqnQ9.jpg

Today, operation "Go To Jool" Got under way.

I made three launches, putting up two drive modules,

4U0VNWH.png

VLAT5v3.png

And one crew carrier module, for a total cost of about 4 million funds.

PM3VMG7.png

Seven days to launch window, so the engineers better hurry up and finish the Tylo and Laythe lander enhancers.

Though it won't arrive for almost a year, the Kerbals do have some idea of what that will look like, thanks to this "Artist's Impression".

NJTxvTd.png

At least, we think he was an artist. We found him on the side of the road.

Edited by Tw1

Several events today:

My unmanned Ike-Lander named "Tina" landed on a slight slope (I thought "okay, that will do it" at first) and fell over, luckily without damages. After a few minutes of fumbling with the SAS and the landing legs I managed to get Tina on her feet again. Did a little bit of Science! and yada yada yada later "Tina" docked on my SkyLab 250km above Kerbin. The experiments were returned to Kerbin after/with a crew exchange on the SkyLab.

Spaceplanes always were my "stepchild" in KSP, but today I finally managed to build and fly a stable Spaceplane to SkyLab, dock at SkyLab and landed the SpacePlane a few hours later safely at KSC. I refueled a few units of oxidizer (about 20 or so) for reentry, although later it showed it wasn't really necessary to refuel, turned the engines on again about at about 20km distance from KSC and 5000m altitude and had plenty of fuel left after the successfull landing (15% or so). Pure stock by the way.

Pulled off my first Kerbal rescue mission, though I'm not impressed with the profit margin on that mission; if I do another one, I might put together a ship with fewer bells and whistles. On the other hand, I did get a descent amount of science from Kerbin's Highlands upon landing. Also sent a science probe to Mun for unlimited kerbucks, still need to put one in orbit of Kerbin (chose a sci jr. on my first attempt there - big mistake).

@clown_baby: That Robot Dinosaur plane is beautiful! :0.0:

After coming back home from my vacation a few days ago, today I finally opened the game to continue my career. After visiting Mün and Minmus, gathering some science and unlocking new tech in the tree, today I started my planetary quest.

Eve was the chosen planet to take a visit! So I sent a satellite to start scanning the planet and send the info back to KSC, so they can study the possibilty of sending a rover over there, and maybe, eventually, even Kerbals in that direction! :cool:

Here are some nothing-new pictures of my journey:

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="//imgur.com/a/CuJSY/embed"></iframe>

I'm verry happy with this success. Although I visit the forums everytime and watch lots of videos, I didn't get any spoils, and the planets on the Kerbol system are still a mistery for me. It's great to discover for the first time how it is under the atmosphere of Eve.

In a side note, Eve is the third celestial body out of Kerbin SOI I've ever visited. Before that, I visited Laythe (had to be!) and Duna, both on 0.23.5. And the same happened there; it was a surprise to discover those planet/moon from a close look. And to think there's so much to discover on them! May the journeys come.

How do you fly two different ships?

Persistent trails mod allows you to record one flight, and then be able to see that vessel while flying another. There's also another mod that allows you to have a group of slaved vessels launch together and follow your movements, though you are not directly controlling them.

Created my smallest landing probe to date: 1P2. Made from Pixel Space parts and one Zap-01 RGT from Good Speed Aerospace parts.

Vessel mas: 0.025 KN

Max Thrust 1 KN

Surface TRW 2.08

Able to take off and land on Kerbin with left over Microbe Gas as fuel in the tank for more flying. I am not sure any landing probe could get smaller.

JNaZBrY.jpg

I landed on gilly today. That gravity can be so annoying. I lost two solar panels to tabbing out waiting to fall to the surface. Every step by Geofsey kermen led to him flying in the air till I decided to not walk & just Eva above the surface

@clown_baby: That Robot Dinosaur plane is beautiful!

Thanks a lot, technically it's a zoid

How do you fly two different ships?
Persistent trails mod allows you to record one flight, and then be able to see that vessel while flying another. There's also another mod that allows you to have a group of slaved vessels launch together and follow your movements, though you are not directly controlling them.

That's also true, but not how I did this

VaD86Mc.png

If you keep two ships close together (like within 1000m) you can still switch between them. I locked the fighter jet into a set heading with sas, then flew the zoid as close to it as possible. It wasn't easy