What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Were you speaking? You need to turn up your mic volume.

that's 100% I don't have the best mic setup. It doesn't even record on the right side.

plus everyone in my house was asleep and don't approve of my video making so I was trying to be quiet. turn up your volume it helps.

Edited by leax256

I completed Phase 1 of my joint interplanetary vessels to Jool mission. The first vessel, the Odyssey, was actually recalled because OCD. I reduced the part count and changed it up to be a real Laythe science laboratory. As such, it now carries a probe lander instead of the cupola. So here's its journey to Laythe.

The new configuration.

sE8cqfP.jpg

Goodbye Kerbin! See you in a few years!

QZVsUjw.jpg

Burning to Jool...

BKAKfZI.jpg

...And preparing to aerobrake as we sail underneath Laythe and Vall.

GdWSQOy.jpg

Begin aerobraking!

gufoQFg.jpg

Pulling up out of Jool's clouds, and as luck would have it, now on a Laythe intercept!

vcPVmcn.jpg

And right now, it's sitting in a stable orbit, waiting for its older sister Oblivion.

ROCjB5L.jpg

Tonight I launched a 3-crew interplanetary utility tug,and then launched a full Rockomax 64 tanker under probe core control for them to use as transfer fuel. The two vehicles have docked and the tanker booster deorbited safely. Next up, tomorrow evening I will launch a hybrid parachute/rocket lander which will dock with the stack. Then it's off to Duna to attempt my first crewed landing there.

Depends on where I'm going. Usually I do something like the Arkingthaad lite lander, where I can stop along the way and refuel on whatever moon.

I was curious because my current (slightly over) five-year Grand Tour plan has a ton of sub-optimal launch windows, but I can still get pretty much everywhere on about 6km/s one-way without aerobraking (it's actually just over 5km/s, but I prefer a certain margin of error). That's perfectly doable on my computer with a craft carrying a robust lander.

Your designs look like they're carrying at least that much, probably more for landing, and probably more on top of that for corrections.

Landed my miner probably 50km from where it was supposed to go on the Mun. It only goes 5m/s.............

That's a good 18 km/h, don't worry - you'll be there in under 3 hours of steady driving!

I guess "Mun Rover" can be part of next year's Desert Bus for charity event.

Initiated Project Storax, an effort to bring an Apollo-style rocket to Duna. Made all the more interesting because on the bit that counts, I will not be using LV-Ns. Two separate launches are involved - the first was the Storax Sedan 7 launch, designed to deliver two Hellhound 7 rovers (designated "Malaise" and "Lack of Prospects") to the Dunan surface to hunt for and mark a good landing site. The second is the Storax Anacostia 7 launch, the main mission. The parameters have me launching the two missions fairly close to one another; the launch of Storax Anacostia occurred after the trans-Dunan burn on Storax Sedan. I'll have to watch my timing with both missions so that they both actually make a Dunan intercept. Going to be interesting in any event.

The design of Storax Anacostia wound up in the category of "too long" when it came time to light the third stage for orbital insertion; the Dunan transfer stage sheared clean off. This is a problem I used to encounter with the Barn Burner Heavy 7, so I know I just need to keep the throttles to a minimum. Reverted the flight; will try again tonight.

Edited by capi3101

It's a busy time for my space program,

as it was, three transfer windows to the outer planets came in close after each other.

So it was burn time for 5 probes destination Dres, Jool (Laythe) and Eeloo.

I have three ships going to Dres, 2 Landers to land at the poles, and one ship carrying a rover with base station and two satellites to provide communication.

Dres_Rover_and_sats.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56477181/KSP%20Screenshots/21.1/Dres_Rover_and_sats2.png

Dres_Polar.png

A floating probe is sent to Laythe:

Laythe-Floater.png

and last but not least, a satellite and lander destined Eeloo:

Eeloo-Sat%2Blander.png

Munar infrastructure!

I bootstrapped an extraplanetary launchpads/kethane base on the Mun using only two launches. The first base I built was on Minmus (due to miniscule dV required to escape Kerbin), but this was a methodology practice for an upcoming Duna colonization.

DynCnWM.png

Today, I visited Kerbin City!

vTMFG83l.png

I got there fast.

Perfect fit!

JXsJ45bl.jpg

Actually, turns out the kerbs (edge of the road kind, not the green space explorer kind) in this city like to eat tires, and a vehicle designed for Munar maria doesn't handle city driving too well.

I need a smaller vehicle, with stronger wheels.

jKY0er9l.png

Not quite sure what happened there. City exploration will resume another day.

Edited by Tw1