[0.22] UbioZur Welding Ltd. 2.0 Dev STOPPED

UbioZur

Hello,

Im new on the forum, and have been playing around with this plug-in.

I have gotten it to work with several different parts.

My problem is after making such parts, when I try to put them together, they work fine in VaB.

But when I actually try and fly them into orbit, none of the Welded parts stay "stuck" together.

VaB shows green when placing the parts together, but any other part falls off like its not connected after flying it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

RustyNail

is your craft structurally stable? are pieces falling off due to insufficient support? check if this problem goes away with extra stability. if this is very clearly a bug then i guess the best thing to do with be to wait until ubiozur comes back to the forums.

is your craft structurally stable? are pieces falling off due to insufficient support? check if this problem goes away with extra stability. if this is very clearly a bug then i guess the best thing to do with be to wait until ubiozur comes back to the forums.

I have added struts to it to make it structurally sound. the cupola stays on because of the struts, but the node still disconnects. and the Cupola wobbles everywhere.

This is only a 2 part ship, not much to strut together lol

I have added struts to it to make it structurally sound. the cupola stays on because of the struts, but the node still disconnects. and the Cupola wobbles everywhere.

This is only a 2 part ship, not much to strut together lol

The problem is the battery. Battery always fails for me to have a strong connection to anything. I try to avoid them when ever i can.

See f.e. this tanker: http://i39.tinypic.com/s1izjr.jpg (its from the modular base pack) . If you hit anything with the cupola the whole part till battery just breaks off.

You can try to use this mod where all connections are way stronger.

@ QuadroMan1

yes, if you take the .dll 3-4 pages back.

This is the part in question:

This is its coding:

Attaching a Cupola:

attaches fine :)

This is what happens while flying, or in orbit to any of the connecting surfaces with any part.

Its hard to see, but the module is coming apart from the structure just by moving the rocket around.

The following seems a bit low:

breakingForce = 457.9819

breakingTorque = 457.9819

Try increasing that to 3000-5000.

Yeah there are a few fix here and there. I just need some more time to test, and with the holiday time it's a bit busy for me at the moment.

Thanks for all your hard work UbioZur.. Do we have any ETA on when we will see an official .23 update?

Or maybe a Developer test release??

Hey guys, Im having a problem using welded parts. Once a part is welded and then added to my inventory, I cant attatch it to anything using the green nodes. If it is selected as the the first part of my ship then I can add stock parts to it, but nothing welded. As you can see below, 2014-01-22_00002.jpg

Here we have two parts made with weld it. The right object was the first in the build and I'm trying to add the left to it.

2014-01-22_00003.jpg

But when I move the parts untill they ''click'' together, the new part refuses to become solid.

Any Ideas? Ive replaced the .dll file so it runs in .23

If you made your welded part with lots of radial attachments, the new part will have too many leftover attachment nodes. KSP gets confused about this. What I do is open the part.cfg file and manually delete some of the nodes I know I won't want.

Btw, your SpaceDock looks like something I would do. ;)

If you made your welded part with lots of radial attachments, the new part will have too many leftover attachment nodes. KSP gets confused about this. What I do is open the part.cfg file and manually delete some of the nodes I know I won't want.

Btw, your SpaceDock looks like something I would do. ;)

Give the man a cookie, it worked.

Now to do some serious station building......

Hey guys, Im having a problem using welded parts. Once a part is welded and then added to my inventory, I cant attatch it to anything using the green nodes. If it is selected as the the first part of my ship then I can add stock parts to it, but nothing welded. As you can see below, http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/iioi3/2014-01-22_00002.jpg

Here we have two parts made with weld it. The right object was the first in the build and I'm trying to add the left to it.

http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/iioi3/2014-01-22_00003.jpg

But when I move the parts untill they ''click'' together, the new part refuses to become solid.

Any Ideas? Ive replaced the .dll file so it runs in .23

You're trying to connect three pairs of nodes together. That would make two loops. KSP doesn't allow doughnut topology in its vehicles. They must be like a tree with one root part that all other parts radiate from, except for struts, those are special.

If you used three pairs of docking ports, one would connect in VAB and the others *should* connect during physics load at launch.

You're trying to connect three pairs of nodes together. That would make two loops. KSP doesn't allow doughnut topology in its vehicles. They must be like a tree with one root part that all other parts radiate from, except for struts, those are special.

If you used three pairs of docking ports, one would connect in VAB and the others *should* connect during physics load at launch.

For example, I made something that uses this technique. I made some bad photos and put it in this thread of spacecraft exchange. Basically, the descent module appears to be doughnut topology, because the parts are connected radially in a long horizontal chain. The two ends are strutted together.

Edited by Zephram Kerman

This is the part in question:

Attaching a Cupola:

attaches fine :)

This is what happens while flying, or in orbit to any of the connecting surfaces with any part.

Its hard to see, but the module is coming apart from the structure just by moving the rocket around.

This same thing happens to me. I have a six part craft but in the middle of flight, either the parts separate every where and explode or when the boosters separate the main tank explodes for no reason. In the first situation I added over 48 struts between the all of the parts but they still seperate. Also the second situation always happens if the first one dosent happen first. When I don't use any welded parts the booster seperate how there supposed to and nothing happens but when I weld a booster and/or the main tank, they explode when they seperate. When I click F3, it says that it was a structural failure but it only happens with welded parts. Anybody now how to solve this?

This same thing happens to me. I have a six part craft but in the middle of flight, either the parts separate every where and explode or when the boosters separate the main tank explodes for no reason. In the first situation I added over 48 struts between the all of the parts but they still seperate. Also the second situation always happens if the first one dosent happen first. When I don't use any welded parts the booster seperate how there supposed to and nothing happens but when I weld a booster and/or the main tank, they explode when they seperate. When I click F3, it says that it was a structural failure but it only happens with welded parts. Anybody now how to solve this?

Adjust the breakingforce and breakingtorque parameters in the part.cfg file. I've noticed that in many cases it is too small for the total part mass which causes structural failures even with the slightest movement.

This is a welding tool to allow you to merge KSP parts together in order to reduce your part count and increase performance.

U're the best ;)

Hey people, tell me something... If I build a craft by using this plugin, will this craft be available on a stock game?

I'm having the same prob as many. If I weld anything without a pod, I can't connect it to any green nodes. (I've patched it to 0.23). I've tried cheats and everything. But when a pod is included, I can't see my position on the map mode! AAAAGGGHHH!!!!

I'm having the same prob as many. If I weld anything without a pod, I can't connect it to any green nodes. (I've patched it to 0.23). I've tried cheats and everything. But when a pod is included, I can't see my position on the map mode! AAAAGGGHHH!!!!

This is a KSP problem which has nothing to do with this mod. You can build really well vertically but outwards has always been a problem. You can try some tricks such as rotating the root object and trying to attach things differently.

Sounds like two problems.

If you welded a part without a pod, try starting the ship with the welded part, and then attaching a pod to it. So the welded part is your root part, and the command pod is attached second.

If you can't see your ship in the map, all I can think of is to check that type of object is visible. Up on top of the map view is a selection tool that appears when the mouse is near that spot. Left click on something to select only that type. Right click on something to add or subtract that type from a list of things you can see. I often use this to find debris, or declutter the map. Hopefully that's it.

Ok I have some problem with this version :

1- it's not available in career mod by default.

2- career mod or sand mod, in both when you weld parts, all your parts are being unloaded ! in both cases you need to relaunch the game, in career mod, you lose every research so you need to go and again search and gain parts one by one (nodes are green but parts are another story) :(

3- when you weld parts, on some mods the parts are being welded in random rotation angles

4- when welded, it's hard to connect it to new ships by nodes and sometimes they don't recognize nodes even when they show it :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.