What will you do when .21 hits?

llamatoes

Load up the new VAB, extinguish the smouldering wreckage of my processor, cry muchly. On the off chance that it /does/ work, I'll send my new mothership on a round mission to Laythe with a station and a load of stuff for a new Laythe colony. The game'll probably crash once I pass the start menu. Yay. Stupid bottom-end PC. :huh:

The new buildings apparently have fewer polygons than the older one and should therefore be less processor-intensive.

I'm gonna restart my modular interplanetary ship program. I discontinued it after, in a moment of rage, I rammed 4 hours of in-space construction with the newest module because the RCS wouldn't stop oscillating. Hopefully the new ASAS will fix that.

What I'll do? Hmmm...

How about screwing around with everything because my computer is so dang horrible? (Seriously, my computer is from 2 years ago, and it runs KSP with the yellow timer constantly. I need a more powerful computer... :()

I'm hoping there will be new things to fly to. Just a couple, maybe. If not, well, I have not followed the development and I'm kind of staying away from learning details, because I like to be surprised.

I've barely played 20.2. So, I expect I'll find plenty to do.

Can't wait to start fresh! I'm going to follow the space program I found on the Wiki. I started playing in 0.20 and went straight for the moon. If I crashed or ran out of delta-V, I just held down F9 until I did it.

I felt dirty after. Damn my excitement and impatience.

This time, I'm going to follow a realistic space program and if I fail, I fail. I won't deny I'm totally relieved that the craft files are being saved, though. I've spent some serious hours fine-tuning some of them.

I'm looking at 0.20 as my practice run where I learn the mechanics of KSP. 0.21 will be my 'do or die' true run.

Well, until the saves break again :)

1) Start fresh with a new save

2) Hire Kerbonauts

3) Explore the new KSC

4) Fly around Kerbin, admiring the terrain

5) Muck around with spaceplane parts

6) Go to the mun, and land next to a procedural crater

7) Start a refueling outpost in LKO

8) Build some spaceplanes for my company with the new parts

9) Construct a space station, while using the refueling outpost to refuel and transfer to high kerbin orbit

10) Plan a mission to Duna

11) Recreate SuestraGamingHD's Aurora Station

12) Build a mun base once the kethane pack has updated

then... business as usual

I'm going to stick with .20 for a little bit. Last time there was an update, a new version was released shortly thereafter. This way a really bad bug doesn't sneak in.

Also, I am finishing up a detailed ISS assembly with stock parts. It's taken me over 13 launches to assemble so far (which is frustrating, since the 51.6 degree inclination and 400 km orbit makes it harder to get to than a normal space station). I hope there's a way I can save it, but at least I'll have the rockets to launch it.

I think I'm going to wait for KSPX to update, so I've got all the parts I need, then I'm going to keep to a semi-real space program that loosely follows our real world advances. I've made an awesome Luna 16 replica with the KSPX cylindrical fuel tanks, just waiting for 0.21 to fly it :)

I plan on doing something a little more organized than I have done in the past (e.g. basic orbital operations before going straight for the mun), but probably not to the extent of the wiki campaign.

Probably something like Orbiters -> satellite network -> space station -> Mun orbiter -> Mun lander -> Minmus orbiter -> Minmus lander. Beyond that, it'll depend on my construction skills :D

Instead of mocking up the entire space program, which I tend to do with wipe updates, I think I will also "Shoot for the Mun".

After that probably work on a Mun base, space stations, Duna and other planet/moon missions, the works.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.