[WIP] KerbTown v0.13 Beta - Place static buildings, cities, launch sites & more!

Razchek

Hasn't been a problem and I've been pumping out new launch locations in KerbinSide for a couple of months now.

While Kerbtown does work for getting other locations set up, I haven't had any luck in launching from KT launch sites in 0.24.2. Kinda puts a damper on using it...

So I definitely want an update to Kerbtown... Just today it completely broke for me in 0.24 as well as 0.23, where it was stable previously.

In both versions the addon instantiates but stops right there, not loading anything ever. It's not as big of a deal in 0.23, but 0.24 is a terrible loss.

I'm very confused because I haven't done anything that should have broken it. I suspect it doesn't like something about my airport (because the issues began when I installed that) but it still makes no sense why...

Edit: Turns out that it was indeed my airport causing havoc in 0.23, but 0.24 is still broken even without the airport. Testing more stuff now.

Edit 2: Looks like the most recent update to your fork is completely broken in 0.24.2, medsouz. Might wanna look into what could be causing it.

Edit 3: Check that, issue still persists when I have my runway installed. It says Kerbin City loaded right... Man am I sick of using this outdated thing...

Edit 4: And Kerbtown is out of all GameData folders for good. Not dealing with it until it is completely, 100% rewritten. Off to do homework now.

Edited by OrbitusII

So I definitely want an update to Kerbtown... Just today it completely broke for me in 0.24 as well as 0.23, where it was stable previously.

In both versions the addon instantiates but stops right there, not loading anything ever. It's not as big of a deal in 0.23, but 0.24 is a terrible loss.

I'm very confused because I haven't done anything that should have broken it. I suspect it doesn't like something about my airport (because the issues began when I installed that) but it still makes no sense why...

Edit: Turns out that it was indeed my airport causing havoc in 0.23, but 0.24 is still broken even without the airport. Testing more stuff now.

Edit 2: Looks like the most recent update to your fork is completely broken in 0.24.2, medsouz. Might wanna look into what could be causing it.

Edit 3: Check that, issue still persists when I have my runway installed. It says Kerbin City loaded right... Man am I sick of using this outdated thing...

Edit 4: And Kerbtown is out of all GameData folders for good. Not dealing with it until it is completely, 100% rewritten. Off to do homework now.

Hmmm could you possibly send me your airport files so I can test it? Also funny that you mention a rewrite as I'm working on one right now.

You could always download my fork or HoneyFox's fork

Thank you :D

But i've already tried the one that's on this post, and it didn't do anything, i'll try the other one (Did i do something wrong, i just put the folder that's in 'gamedata' into my gamedata, but it didn't do anything :\)

EDIT: I just thought about this, i'm probably stupid, how do you launch on other bases? (I don't have any new parts, or when i click on launch also nothing changes)

EDIT2: Nvm, i already know what i'mforgetting, i'm really stupid...

Edited by janiekh

KerbTown is awesome. You guys, still working on it and helping people, are awesome :D

This is my new creation, still waiting for some fine-tuning, but already pretty cool in my opinion ;)

For a moment I thought that was Arsenal Gear, which gives me an idea...

Um, according to the manual and the zip file structure, "hubs" is extracted into the root directory of ksp?? Not /gamedata?

No, it still goes into GameData. The manual is severely outdated (just like everything else, sadly...) and so it might not get everything right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is .24 compatible, am I correct?

No, you need Kerbal Konstructs. Link

I'll be contacting a moderator to lock up this thread and provide a redirect to the Kerbal Konstructs page, since this is incredibly obsolete (last update was a hotfix for 0.23.0 based off of the 0.22 code).

• 1 month later...
No, you need Kerbal Konstructs. Link

I'll be contacting a moderator to lock up this thread and provide a redirect to the Kerbal Konstructs page, since this is incredibly obsolete (last update was a hotfix for 0.23.0 based off of the 0.22 code).

Thanks, I recently started using Konstructs even before I saw your post, I find it much better.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
i can't install this i have a mac please help.

Are you illiterate, or just lazy? The post above yours answers your question of 'Why won't it work?' It is outdated, the author hasn't been heard from is 6 months. Get Kerbal Konstructs. This doesn't work for anyone. Seriously, if you had bothered to read the page you posted on, maybe you would know.

• 6 months later...
Let's see...

Kerbtown might never comeback, cause the guy has been gone for a year.

Kerbincity may never comeback cause that guy is plain out lazy.

We're never gonna see mods like this ever again are we? ;.;

At this point -- everything needs to wait on 1.1/unity5 to see what the possibilities are. Crossing fingers x64 is available on the windows version. ;)