Allow Certain Parts to NOT be Included in Staging

Not just decouplers stage... :D

And what about parachutes assinged to an action-group key as lander helpers? I deffinitely don't want to stage them early on.

I think there should be a 'do not stage it' field (might be collapsible to hide unnecesarry parts when not needed).

(In this way you can rearange the "paused ones" if needed inflight)

I simply like to have it works like tweakable everything mod where you can right click it and choose to disable staging.

This is probably the best way to implement the original request without cluttering the UI with an additional "no stage" stage drag area.

Maybe with a different background color... but if someone wants to stage it on a second thought can do if rearanges in flight

The idea is good.

It's a good idea to keep old threads dead. Also, I think this feature would be brilliant in the game, or at least as a mod.

Ummmm, put them all in stage 0?

Or do you guys just slam on your space bar repeatedly without paying attention?

Actually with the "abundancy" of actionbar hotkeys... I tend to shut down all my engines with the staging (It is very usefull feature after somebody get used to it. Especially with nonrotating VTOL capable engines, or SSTO-s if flamout occurs on the 25th turbojet :D

So if I accidently decides to fly a regular plane (mostly because my kids wants destruction/explosions/disitegrations... so I tend to forget that the nearest huge long panic button A.K.A. SpaceBar is actualy there for staging :D

Anyway Some kind of possibility to erradicate (perhaps in an inflight reviveable way) stuff from our staging whatever reason it is... I think a must have feature.

And I agreed on klgraham1013 too. We can live without it. But still it is a development in progress quality game's suggestion forum. So if there is a way we could get it, I am surely be happier with it.

It's a good idea to keep old threads dead. Also, I think this feature would be brilliant in the game, or at least as a mod.

A suggestion to something happening Right now is by far no chance can be old. If you see the date on it odd... What are you suggest? Open a new thread with the same suggestion ? :D

As far as concerning my registration date for me this topic was a brand new one. And just as you do I really like this idea. So why not spotlighting it again? I don't think it is a bad idea (necroing usefull stuff)

According to the answers these threads gets about the last 2-3 days it isn't a bad idea for sure.

I just resurrect threads which aren't in the "do not suggest list" and threads with content which is actually great idea (at least for me these looks like almost essential).

(so in this manner it is still relevant in my opinion).

Is this moddable? if $currentstage == 0 then ignorespacebar()

Yes, but not in the way you describe it. The TweakableEverything mod makes a ton of stuff (decoupler force, docking port magnetism, solar panel sun tracking) tweakable, including whether or not the part is included in staging. It can't be changed midflight though.

I humbly suggest at "lock" stage. In the staging list, it would appear as a simple bar with no contents; it can be dragged around like any other stage; and when it is the next one up, the space bar will do nothing (maybe sound a click and blink the idle stage, though).

Or some other means of locking on a per-craft basis, rather than having it as the global setting it is now.

I humbly suggest at "lock" stage. In the staging list, it would appear as a simple bar with no contents; it can be dragged around like any other stage; and when it is the next one up, the space bar will do nothing (maybe sound a click and blink the idle stage, though).

Or some other means of locking on a per-craft basis, rather than having it as the global setting it is now.

This one is also a bright idea. And I think it is easy on the programming side too. Dig it.

I have no problem with this necro, the thread seems to be back on its feet :)

And it is a good idea.

Yeah, it is a good idea, and still relevant, hence no report :) Ricardo's actually pretty good at necroing interesting/useful/still-relevant threads.

And I would really, REALLY like to see the tweakable system get some major buffing. When Squad introduced it, it was hyped up as being able to do just about anything. Instead, it's mostly just resource tuning. I'd love to see like FAR's control surface stuff or BTSM's various tweaks or TweakableAnything's...

Ummmm, put them all in stage 0?

Or do you guys just slam on your space bar repeatedly without paying attention?

Yes, because we're all idiots. Thank you for pointing it out. Please let us know the next time you accidentally bump your spacebar so we can return the condescending comments.

Let's say you have an orbital station with multiple ships docked. Each of those ships has several decouplers, with carefully arranged staging sequences, perhaps even some with "unwanted" decouplers parked in stage 0. When you dock another ship, you now have to rearrange a bunch of decouplers, assuming you even remember to do so. When one of your docked ships leaves the station, the station and ship sequences now need to be fixed. Having a lockout or what I like to call a "Swigert note" on individual devices would be very convenient. An "inactive" stage would be handy in some situations as well. Would be nice to see both methods implemented.

Let's say you have an orbital station with multiple ships docked. Each of those ships has several decouplers, with carefully arranged staging sequences, perhaps even some with "unwanted" decouplers parked in stage 0. When you dock another ship, you now have to rearrange a bunch of decouplers, assuming you even remember to do so. When one of your docked ships leaves the station, the station and ship sequences now need to be fixed. Having a lockout or what I like to call a "Swigert note" on individual devices would be very convenient. An "inactive" stage would be handy in some situations as well. Would be nice to see both methods implemented.

Yup, the afterdock/undock situation was my major concern, also in some "part" flying somewhere to meet and use later (to prevent usage early or in delivery launch progress).

Please do that in any form!

Edited by Anthlon
corrections

Maybe I'm missing something here, but... Don't the modular girder segments/trusses do the job? That's how I use them. Just rotate sideways and attach the tanks you want to be separate but permanent.

Maybe You missunderstanded it.

This disscussion is about to left out things (we decide) from staging temporaly. A staging "place" which not staging, but we can rearange if ever needed.

For example, not to fat fingering parachutes willing to use as a landing brake. Or accidentally tear apart our spacestation with the newly docked SSTO...and such.

Anywhere on a ship you attach a parachute It will stage sooner or later, no matter what kind of struts you use.

So we asked for a way to allow us decide (on the fly) which parts we wanna stage or not. And there was some really interesting idea.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.