[1.0.2][May17] SelectRoot2: Fixing stock awkwardness

FW Industries

Oh yeah! Thank you sir! This is such a must have mod when using Sub-Assemblies, I found it funny that the Squad system had the same limitation as the sub-assembly mod that was out prior to 0.22. They should allow you to change the root part, if only to allow to include completed stages. It's rare for my probes to have that leave the root part with an attachment left.

Hurray!

Got some bugs in the new version.

For some reason, sometimes when I changed the root part it seemed to work fine,

but if then I clicked the new root part to move the whole ship, it all went red and transparent as a detached part.

I even could create a new root part and stack the ship on it, but then it went weird and I had to reload the ship.

Save-loading after the changing solved the problem several times anyway.

Later it worked fine, so I'm not sure what caused that problem.

Will report if it repeats.

Edited by Absolute Human

Got some bugs in the new version.

For some reason, sometimes when I changed the root part it seemed to work fine,

but if then I clicked the new root part to move the whole ship, it all went red and transparent as a detached part.

I even could create a new root part and stack the ship on it, but then it went weird and I had to reload the ship.

Save-loading after the changing solved the problem several times anyway.

Later it worked fine, so I'm not sure what caused that problem.

Will report if it repeats.

I get this every time. I cannot use the mod anymore. Each time I shift-click, the entire ship goes red like it is a part I have taken off a ship and I can assign a new root from the parts list.

I get this every time. I cannot use the mod anymore. Each time I shift-click, the entire ship goes red like it is a part I have taken off a ship and I can assign a new root from the parts list.

That's what happens when you use the older version in 0.22. Are you sure that you have the new one?

That's what happens when you use the older version in 0.22. Are you sure that you have the new one?

There is only one way to be sure...

EDIT: I deleted the selectroot folder from gamedata and replaced it with the one from this thread and now I can get it to work totally as advertised.

Thank you again for this awesome mod. So simple and SO useful!

Edited by John FX

• 2 weeks later...
This mod disconnected all struts and fuel lines on my lifter. Looking back through the thread I see one other person report this and nobody else mentioning it at all. As important as struts and fuel lines are, I assume this doesn't happen to everybody?

It happens to me also. As it had already been mentioned I found a workflow that reduces impact until a bugfix appeared..

This mod disconnected all struts and fuel lines on my lifter. Looking back through the thread I see one other person report this and nobody else mentioning it at all. As important as struts and fuel lines are, I assume this doesn't happen to everybody?

Just de- and reattach a subtree that contains all affected struts and fuel lines. Upon Reattachment all fuel lines and struts will be refreshed and reconnect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.