(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

malkuth,

please keep your version of Civilian Contracts. In the strongest possible terms, I HATE the stock civilian tourists contracts. How/Where do I turn the d@mned things off? They're clogging-up my Contracts Available list.

I also prefer your version of hiring Kerbals. The stock version requires 65,000 funds for the first and it goes up from there. STUPID!!! I may "cheat" by adding the cost of the next Kerbal minus 5000 to my persistencs.sfs file to cover Kerbal recruitment costs. Thus, hiring would cost me 5000 funds.

I understand I can just not use it but I wanted to ask...

Is there a way to disable and rid the interface of the emergency revert red button? I play with no reverting and I hate the temptation. Plus, I am always worried about mods interacting with each other or unnecessary memory usage.

Thanks for an awesome mod!

Yup in the settings menu you can turn it off. Should not be showing default anyway unless I accidentally set it wrong in the update.

Anyway to get to settings just select the MCE icon when your in the Space Center Overview screen. Window will pop up. Select settings. Then set The "MCE REVERT ON (Need Restart) to FALSE. and you should be all set.

Not sure if you still need to restart anymore have not tried. But might be the case because of how the icons work in game and are loaded.

- - - Updated - - -

malkuth,

please keep your version of Civilian Contracts. In the strongest possible terms, I HATE the stock civilian tourists contracts.

I also prefer your version of hiring Kerbals. The stock version requires 65,000 funds for the first and it goes up from there. STUPID!!! I may "cheat" by adding the cost of the next Kerbal minus 5000 to my persistencs.sfs file to cover Kerbal recruitment costs. Thus, hiring would cost me 5000 funds.

The biggest problem is I have not found a way to disable any of those things yet. The cost of kerbals does seem a little extreme now. I personally do enjoy the new Civilian contracts. The version of mission controller you have now still has them, you just have to turn them on.

I did try to search for a way to hook into the new Civilians module that 1.0 uses. But can't seem to find anything that helps. I love the fact that you actually have real kerbals to load on your vessel that are classified as civilians. If I can somehow find a way to do it that way I might keep some of the Civ contracts alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Searched for just mission too. Only a mod from DMagic came up.

Now I'm not sure whats up. I noticed that the developers on Kerbal Stuff updated everyones version numbers to 1.0. But might be some sort of legacy issue. I will have a newer version of MCE this week. Hopefully that will clear the issue up with Ckan.

Edited by malkuth

Change Log for 1.12.2

Please delete your whole MissionControllerEC folder before installing this update.

1. Removed the need for any future RSS config files. Mission Controller 2 will figure out the Orbits of all bodies on its own.. (I hope)

2. Removed Civilian Contracts.

3. Fixed Repair Contracts. The contracts no longer have SpareParts as requirement. (forgot to remove last time)

4. Fixed Repair Contracts. The descriptions for the contracts now should read new method for Repairs.

5. Did a small pass on some of the contract payouts. This might take awhile as I get a look at what contracts are paying and bring more changes.

6. Removed some other legacy code no longer used.

7. Added Supplies From USI Life support to the Custom Resupply Contract.

Edited by malkuth

Eeee I'm so happy I've been gone for like a year and all my fav mods are still active. Love MC Extended, glad u are still here malkuth!!! :D

Me too. Helps that kerbal space program is my favorite game of all time. :)

Me too. Helps that kerbal space program is my favorite game of all time. :)

Same here. My significant other was just getting worried about me lol. I made a promise to quit until full release...haha honestly I wasn't expecting it so soon (neither did she mwhahaha).

Silly question. Do I have to start a new career to get the contracts, if I just installed this mod? I haven't seen a single MC2 contract yet even when I pass over other contracts. I think the plugin is working because I have the parts available in my VAB.

Nope should show up no matter what.

Most contracts have been redone named.

Satellite contracts now show up as communications,navigational,etc.

Research contracts changed too. Historic are same.

To really test if they show up Alt f12 contracts tools cycle through contracts that way they all get reloaded. If they don't show up then. Maybe you have them off in settings? You would have had to changed that if that was case though.

Edited by malkuth

Yeah, cycling through them all has worked brilliantly. Thanks, man. Your satellite contract appeared alongside one which required a satellite in an orbit external to the Mun! Makes so much more sense.

Couple of questions here, just started with this mod in my career for KSP 1.0. I think the real life missions are awesome but still have some questions. By default, in the settings menu, MCE satellite contracts and MCE Orbital period satellite contracts are turned off. What kind of contracts are these? And are the stock satellite contracts still showing up or also turned off by this setting? Then i was long searching for a simulation option, there seems to be one in the form of a red button, which now costs me 1000 funds. How is this determined, or how does this function work? I also use kerbal construction time for this purpose, but only for the simulation.

Thanks and keep up to good work!

Would it be possible to get the settings window/custom contracts window to save their position on screen? Everytime I start the game they reset to default and i have to move them back to where I like them.

The red button is if you prefer to pay for your revert actions, to add difficulty. That's all it does, you pay for reverting, a flat rate that you can set in the MCE setting menu. No free "simulations". In the career difficulty you can turn off the ability to revert or quickload if you want when you start a new game. You can probably edit your save file to turn these options off so you don't have to start over, leaving you with only the MCE red button. (Assuming that doesn't disable the MCE red button.) I'm not sure why the satellite/orbital period contracts are turned off, in the past they were lots of fun for me. I turned them back on, but haven't gotten enough tech for them to start appearing, I think. Hopefully that will happen today.

Couple of questions here, just started with this mod in my career for KSP 1.0. I think the real life missions are awesome but still have some questions. By default, in the settings menu, MCE satellite contracts and MCE Orbital period satellite contracts are turned off. What kind of contracts are these? And are the stock satellite contracts still showing up or also turned off by this setting? Then i was long searching for a simulation option, there seems to be one in the form of a red button, which now costs me 1000 funds. How is this determined, or how does this function work? I also use kerbal construction time for this purpose, but only for the simulation.

Thanks and keep up to good work!

The satellite contracts are more true to life. I rewrote them for 1.0 but forgot to turn the default back to on. They represent the 4 Real World applications that satellites fill. Navigational, Communications, Weather, and applications. Just like the historical missions they are a little flavor to having generic fly to this area type of waypoints. And odd satellite positions that stock ones give.

They also do not use stock waypoint system. You might need a program like Engineer or Mechjeb to help you position them in space.

- - - Updated - - -

Would it be possible to get the settings window/custom contracts window to save their position on screen? Everytime I start the game they reset to default and i have to move them back to where I like them.

Yeah its possible I just forget to do it. :) Ill try to remember for next version.

- - - Updated - - -

The red button is if you prefer to pay for your revert actions, to add difficulty. That's all it does, you pay for reverting, a flat rate that you can set in the MCE setting menu. No free "simulations". In the career difficulty you can turn off the ability to revert or quickload if you want when you start a new game. You can probably edit your save file to turn these options off so you don't have to start over, leaving you with only the MCE red button. (Assuming that doesn't disable the MCE red button.) I'm not sure why the satellite/orbital period contracts are turned off, in the past they were lots of fun for me. I turned them back on, but haven't gotten enough tech for them to start appearing, I think. Hopefully that will happen today.

That was a mistake in the settings.cfg file when I released newer version of MCE2. They should be on by default.

The satellite contracts are more true to life. I rewrote them for 1.0 but forgot to turn the default back to on. They represent the 4 Real World applications that satellites fill. Navigational, Communications, Weather, and applications. Just like the historical missions they are a little flavor to having generic fly to this area type of waypoints. And odd satellite positions that stock ones give.

They also do not use stock waypoint system. You might need a program like Engineer or Mechjeb to help you position them in space.

That sounds cool. I am now playing a new career but I am not satisfied with the way potential contracts show up. As you designed this mod maybe you also saw these issues and know a way to solve them? Otherwise I would be happy to contribute to consistent system on when what contracts show up.

I now see a LOT of tourist-contracts, almost half of all offered contracts is of the tourist type. Tourists that want to fly around the Mun and Minmus, while I can not even bring a simple probe in a Mun flyby, and have never done so. So why is it offering such contracts? I think that only the tourist contract should show up once you have been to a particular trajectory. Also the contracts for testing certain parts dissapeard now that I updated KSP and your mod. Any way to get them back?

What system for the appearance for contracts do you now use and how is that working with the system KSP stock uses?

That sounds cool. I am now playing a new career but I am not satisfied with the way potential contracts show up. As you designed this mod maybe you also saw these issues and know a way to solve them? Otherwise I would be happy to contribute to consistent system on when what contracts show up.

I now see a LOT of tourist-contracts, almost half of all offered contracts is of the tourist type. Tourists that want to fly around the Mun and Minmus, while I can not even bring a simple probe in a Mun flyby, and have never done so. So why is it offering such contracts? I think that only the tourist contract should show up once you have been to a particular trajectory. Also the contracts for testing certain parts dissapeard now that I updated KSP and your mod. Any way to get them back?

What system for the appearance for contracts do you now use and how is that working with the system KSP stock uses?

It easy to change the rate the Stock FinePrint Contracts show up.. Inside your l\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\Contracts is a file called contract.cfg. You can edit values to effect the amount of contracts that show up in the stock contracts. If you set them to 0 they won't show at all. That is how I change them myself, and get rid of contracts I don't like.

Version 1.12.3

1. All part textures converted to DDS format.

2. Fixed Apollo-Duna Orbital Mission Transmit Science from ground. Suppose to be transmit science from Space.

3. Fixed payout for Apollo-Duna Orbital Mission. Was way to much.

4. Fixed Apollo-Duna payout for Build Station. Was way to much.

5. Other small fixes forgot about.

With this update make sure to delete your Old MissionControllerEC folder completely. Or you will get duplicate part textures! DDS and PNG. Bad idea.

Aha, I also found a mod for that, Contract Reward Modifier, which also lets you set the maximum amount offered.

Another question: what are the dependencies for the historical contracts to show up? I now installed the SETI mod, which rebalances a lot. Now I am searching for the Vostok 1 mission, to place my very first satellite into orbit but it never shows up. Also if I recycle the contracts using the Debug Toolbar. So maybe the contracts require a certain part unlocked in the R&D tree? I looked into your files, but I can't find anything about the historic contracts. Or any way to modify this to make it work?

Edited by Martinoss

Vostok 1 has no requirments.

Thanks! I would like to report a minor bug for the Luna 16 contract. I accepted it while doing another mission, which was to land a probe om the mun surface. This checked all but one requirement for Luna 16, which is to land back at kerbin. But now that I build my Luna16 vehicle and launch it, I have a vehicle landed at kerbin, and although it is a completely different vehicle the last requirement of Luna 16 is checked and I fullfilled the mission. I am gonna do it anyways but I think the checked requirements should be reset when launching a new vehicle, if have seen this work for other missions.

Keep up to good work!

Thanks! I would like to report a minor bug for the Luna 16 contract. I accepted it while doing another mission, which was to land a probe om the mun surface. This checked all but one requirement for Luna 16, which is to land back at kerbin. But now that I build my Luna16 vehicle and launch it, I have a vehicle landed at kerbin, and although it is a completely different vehicle the last requirement of Luna 16 is checked and I fullfilled the mission. I am gonna do it anyways but I think the checked requirements should be reset when launching a new vehicle, if have seen this work for other missions.

Keep up to good work!

Hmmm yes this is an issue with a lot of contracts. Best way to avoid this issue is to do contracts you do not intend to complete together on there own. The contract themselves have no way to tell what vessel is what. So if you accept a contract to land on the mun. And you happen to already have a vessel on the mun that you go too, most likely the land part of the contract will go green. I have a few checks that stop this mainly only a vessel launched after Contract acceptance will be aloud to finish the contract. But sometimes I disable this to make the contract more friendly to people that like to reuse certain vessels over and over.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there i want to report a little bug:

version: 1.12.3 it was download from CKAN & kerbalstuff for duble check arhive

[ERR 10:13:33.907] Texture 'MissionControllerEC/Parts/MCE-LanderResearch/MCE_Parts_Norm_NRM' not found!

[ERR 10:13:33.930] Texture 'MissionControllerEC/Parts/MCE-OrbitalResearch/MCE_Parts_Norm_NRM' not found!

[ERR 10:13:33.953] Texture 'MissionControllerEC/Parts/RepairPanel/MCE_Parts_Norm_NRM' not found!

exemple \MissionControllerEC\Parts\RepairPanel if u will just look in > mcerepairbox.mu on bottom of file u will find this:

MCE_Parts_Spec.tga, MCE_Parts_Norm_NRM.tga, MCE_Parts_Emis.tga, what explain way this error aka when it was make conversion to new texture u was forget to ajust or clean rest of info

houpe it help & cya around

Hello,

I would like to report a bug (or maybe I do it wrong)...

In contract TIROS 7, I've equipped my rocket with "Universal Storage Thermometer" AND "2HOT Thermometer", but it don't validate these parts.

Thanks for this mod anyway ;)

Hello there i want to report a little bug:

version: 1.12.3 it was download from CKAN & kerbalstuff for duble check arhive

[ERR 10:13:33.907] Texture 'MissionControllerEC/Parts/MCE-LanderResearch/MCE_Parts_Norm_NRM' not found!

[ERR 10:13:33.930] Texture 'MissionControllerEC/Parts/MCE-OrbitalResearch/MCE_Parts_Norm_NRM' not found!

[ERR 10:13:33.953] Texture 'MissionControllerEC/Parts/RepairPanel/MCE_Parts_Norm_NRM' not found!

exemple \MissionControllerEC\Parts\RepairPanel if u will just look in > mcerepairbox.mu on bottom of file u will find this:

MCE_Parts_Spec.tga, MCE_Parts_Norm_NRM.tga, MCE_Parts_Emis.tga, what explain way this error aka when it was make conversion to new texture u was forget to ajust or clean rest of info

houpe it help & cya around

Ckan Just needs to be updated for the newer version of Mission Controller. Have not pushed a newer version to Ckan yet.

malkuth CKAN & kerbalstuff have same version 1.12.3, same exact file with same problem, but i found real problem & how to fix ;) here it is:

\MissionControllerEC\Parts\MCE-LanderResearch\

in file > mceroverantenna.mu it is reference to: MCE_Parts_Norm_NRM.tga

u'r file is name MCE_Parts_Norm_NRM.t.dds aka little >t< letter it scrue up correct name

\MissionControllerEC\Parts\MCE-OrbitalResearch\

in file > mcesatantenna.mu it is reference to: MCE_Parts_Norm_NRM.tga

u'r file is name MCE_Parts_Norm_NRM.t.dds aka little >t< letter it scrue up correct name

\MissionControllerEC\Parts\RepairPanel\

in file > mcerepairbox.mu it is reference to: MCE_Parts_Norm_NRM.tga

soo according new game modeling change in past (i discover this yesterday after looong reading / digging in forum, trying to fix other thingy) it not mater extension of file or what type it is texture what 3d object need to use it only need to have same name with what it was add initial aka if it remove that litle > t < letter from all that name it will be fine, done it work like how suppose to be, houpe it help

clean mods > less error > easy to debug other problem & all happy :) cya take care

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.