[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Anyone else having physics issues with the computer core? It just falls thru the pad. Wierd thing is it disconnects from the decoupler stack attached to it, but remains attached to the pb-nuk on it radially. It swings beneath the pad like a clock pendulum!

So, I've applied the fix lined out on page 1209, and now antimatter stuff and alcubierre stuff is available on my tech tree. However, when I place a single 1.25m antimatter tank in the VAB the ship's price goes to ~ negative 43 million. Similarly, when I launch a single such tank, about 43 million credits are added to the space center's account. I've checked the part files, and they say it should cost 20,000 credit things. Anybody have an idea as to what I broke?

So, I've applied the fix lined out on page 1209, and now antimatter stuff and alcubierre stuff is available on my tech tree. However, when I place a single 1.25m antimatter tank in the VAB the ship's price goes to ~ negative 43 million. Similarly, when I launch a single such tank, about 43 million credits are added to the space center's account. I've checked the part files, and they say it should cost 20,000 credit things. Anybody have an idea as to what I broke?

The fixes for the mag nozzles and the alum rockets still apply from that post, but at this point you'll want the disregard the tech tree MM fix. Instead use the TechManager mod after deleting TreeLoader. This should completely restore your tree functionality.

As far as the AM containers go, I believe that the solution was just to correctly set the full price of the containers. I don't quite remember, but it was detailed a couple of pages back.

Wiki in the OP is woefully incomplete and, in places, out of date. Is there up-to-date documentation for this mod anywhere?

At the moment, I'm trying to find the lifetimes for TH4 reactors(The wiki helpfully defines them as "considerably shorter").

Quick question about Aluminium Electrolysis:

How do I add oxygen into the process? I'm on the Mun with a functioning ISRU, and am mining alumina and successfully converting it to aluminium. I had assumed that the oxygen would be extracted frrom the alumina, but the ISRU control window is saying "insufficient oxygen" and I'm producing no oxidiser.

What am i missing?

It gets rather frustrating when designing a spaceplane as you have to stick all your reactors right on top of the engines (unless you're using nuclerar-electrical engines) usually causing issues with balance, or making you use three tiny reactors when one big reactor would have done the same job and you'd have a more aerodynamic design.

Certainly reactors like molten salt reactors can pump their coolant (molten salt) to where it's needed if a pump is provided. More exotic reactors such as fusion or antimatter reactors would naturally need a heat exchanger and pump to get the heat to where it's needed.

No idea if this has been said before, but I find it so limiting when there are things like bicouplers (on planes) and placing a reactor in a cargo bay right before said bicoupler will cause the engines to fail completely.

I mean... if you can place radiators anywhere shouldn't the same be true for reactors; provided you've got a way (hopefully not too heavy) to move the heat to the thrust source.

It gets rather frustrating when designing a spaceplane as you have to stick all your reactors right on top of the engines (unless you're using nuclerar-electrical engines) usually causing issues with balance, or making you use three tiny reactors when one big reactor would have done the same job and you'd have a more aerodynamic design.

Certainly reactors like molten salt reactors can pump their coolant (molten salt) to where it's needed if a pump is provided. More exotic reactors such as fusion or antimatter reactors would naturally need a heat exchanger and pump to get the heat to where it's needed.

No idea if this has been said before, but I find it so limiting when there are things like bicouplers (on planes) and placing a reactor in a cargo bay right before said bicoupler will cause the engines to fail completely.

I mean... if you can place radiators anywhere shouldn't the same be true for reactors; provided you've got a way (hopefully not too heavy) to move the heat to the thrust source.

Somebody actually made some radial heat pipes a few dozen pages back.

This is probably not a bug, I trimmed several unneeded parts from KSP-I and i'm trying to get a power transfer system setup and it keeps crashing the game with a :"ksp object refrense not set to a instance of a object" message. I'm assuming i deleted something it needed, would anyone know offhand what it's dependant on? I haven't deleted any effects or anything, just parts. :\

Question, is there anyway to convert stock ElectricCharge into KSPI MegaWatt on a single craft?

If you edit some part to include a tiny amount of MJ, then KSPI will start filling it up when all the electric charge is filled. Or just toss the microwave receiver on your ship. You don´t need to even turn it on, I don´t think.

It's a debugging message that seems to have been left in the code that controls radiator emissives. Unfortunately, it gets called per-frame if you happen to have one of those radiators present. There's no way to fix it without recompiling the plugin. For anyone interested in compiling locally, it's line 440 of FNRadiator.cs.

Thanks for giving the location, I used this tutorial to download and install VSE and compile my own DLL with the debug line commented out. Anyone else looking to try, just include the references the tutorial gives as well as the Open Resource DLL (you can use the one in your GameData folder that came with KSPI). Instead of Ctrl+Shift+B, which will build the whole project, just right-click on the Interstellar C# and select Build. I'd suggest changing your build type to Release as well at the top of the VS window. Then you'll find the new DLL in the FNPlugin/bin/release folder

Quick question about Aluminium Electrolysis:

How do I add oxygen into the process? I'm on the Mun with a functioning ISRU, and am mining alumina and successfully converting it to aluminium. I had assumed that the oxygen would be extracted frrom the alumina, but the ISRU control window is saying "insufficient oxygen" and I'm producing no oxidiser.

What am i missing?

Anyone have any idea about this? I've searched the thread but could not find anyone with a similar issue.

Does the Refinery usually produce both aluminium and oxidiser when you click to electrolyse aluminium?

Edited by Oafman

Anyone have any idea about this? I've searched the thread but could not find anyone with a similar issue.

Does the Refinery usually produce both aluminium and oxidiser when you click to electrolyse aluminium?

Hrm, I guess you can't pull water on Mun, eh? It's a good question, I've just unlocked both the alum rocket and the ISRU. Mind you my alum rocket has some messed up attachment nodes, but I think I saw a fix for that somewhere.

I dont sopose you've got a picture of the craft? One frequent problem that crops up with ISRU's is fuel flow issues. Some resorces unless conected to a stack with the right container in it will have nowhere to go and wont be produced unless fuel lines are run. Even baring that a picture that shows the menu with the error message can also help.

Random question about the Science Lab, as I'm highly forgetful and quite embarrassed to ask. I've glanced the wiki and just want to make sure, so here goes.

To keep the lab working long term, orbit or surface, it requires the crew of 2, decent battery capacity and standard method of energy generation, a reactor and a generator, and enough radiators to cover the wasteheat right? The SAFE 1500 and the 62.5 Elec Genny should be enough?

I've started a new KSPI game for 0.25 and am just up to a point where I want my first long term orbital lab. I had a similar set up back in 0.23 I believe, but have had a bit of a mental block, hence the embarrassment.

Any replies welcome and appreciated!

This is probably not a bug, I trimmed several unneeded parts from KSP-I and i'm trying to get a power transfer system setup and it keeps crashing the game with a :"ksp object refrense not set to a instance of a object" message. I'm assuming i deleted something it needed, would anyone know offhand what it's dependant on? I haven't deleted any effects or anything, just parts. :\

I reinstalled the whole pack and it's still doing it so this does indeed seem to be a bug. Anyone have any ideas?

I've been searching for a while now and I can't believe I can't figure this out. How do you get fusion reactors?

I just went back and upgraded some radiators and I think the electric generator in flight, but there's no upgrade for the fission reactors. I have all science except the computer, but screenshots of the tech tree on here show more science to unlock that doesn't show up in my science tree. What am I missing?

Much thanks to anyone who can shed some light on how this all works.

I've been searching for a while now and I can't believe I can't figure this out. How do you get fusion reactors?

I just went back and upgraded some radiators and I think the electric generator in flight, but there's no upgrade for the fission reactors. I have all science except the computer, but screenshots of the tech tree on here show more science to unlock that doesn't show up in my science tree. What am I missing?

Much thanks to anyone who can shed some light on how this all works.

What version of the mod and game are you useing. Assuming you are using up to date stuff (.13 for the mod and .25 for ksp) then the most likely problem is you need to deleate the TreeLoader mod that comes bundled with KSPI and install TechManager instead. .25 broke Treeloader irreperably and the license did not alow for the comunity to fix it so a replacement had to be made. Sadly the install for KSPI has not been updated since techmanager was created so you have to do it manualy.