[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

I had similar issues while I was testing mods. They went away after I deleted the two mods I mentioned above. (and of course did a full reinstall of all my mods in the process) It may or may not be something else causing it' date=' but I haven't had any other issues since so unless you have a mod that I don't I can only say try deleting those two if you have them.[/quote']

Well, I don't run Modular Fuel Tanks to begin with, and HotRockets was one of the first ones that I uninstalled, unless HotRockets has multiple folders and I've missed one.

EDIT: Yup, verified that HotRocket's was completely uninstalled. The problem is still occurring.

Edited by Raven.

Well, I don't run Modular Fuel Tanks to begin with, and HotRockets was one of the first ones that I uninstalled, unless HotRockets has multiple folders and I've missed one.

Hmm strange. I presume you deleted the old KW folder before installing the update correct?

We may have to compare mod lists. Its very possible that its something else (because a lot of mods have specific settings for KW after all, and this update was fairly sudden so its reasonable to presume that pretty much every mod that affects KW in some way broke) is doing it, but it'd be hard to track it down without either installing mods one by one or just comparing mod lists. As I said, I have no real issues in my install right now.

I'd also like to say, now that I've been able to actually sit and play with the mod, that the new Globe SRB's are as all hell.

Any idea what the module ModuleTestSubject removed by the reduced launch clamp extra does? The thing that is in stock 0.24 but not 0.23.5 at the end of Squad/Parts/Utility/launchClamp1/part.cfg.

I was wondering if the new module was missed when KW was updated.

Any idea what the module ModuleTestSubject removed by the reduced launch clamp extra does? The thing that is in stock 0.24 but not 0.23.5 at the end of Squad/Parts/Utility/launchClamp1/part.cfg.

I'm not entirely sure, but it sounds like a tweak fix to stop the random mission generator from generating stuff like "test launch clamps from the mun!" Since that's mildly impossible....

I love KW but unfortunatly I have to uninstall, after narrowing down the problem to my crashes to KW, (not only on my computer, but my wifes, and my buds) I removed it from my gamedat. will check back in a few weeks to see if the problem still persist. Wish I could upload a crash log to you guys and see what you think, but for some reason when the game crashes due to this leak a crash log is not generated. This is of course on the 64 bit client so that may be the source of the issue.

I know there isnt much for you guys to go on for trouble shooting =D but I hope the problem some how gets resolved.

Hmm strange. I presume you deleted the old KW folder before installing the update correct?

We may have to compare mod lists. Its very possible that its something else (because a lot of mods have specific settings for KW after all' date=' and this update was fairly sudden so its reasonable to presume that pretty much every mod that affects KW in some way broke) is doing it, but it'd be hard to track it down without either installing mods one by one or just comparing mod lists. As I said, I have no real issues in my install right now.

I'd also like to say, now that I've been able to actually sit and play with the mod, that the new Globe SRB's are as all hell.[/quote']

Yup, deleted the whole KW folder.

Here's my complete mod list by folder name:

000_Toolbar

AdaptiveDockingNode

ASET

B9_Aerospace

BahaEPL

BahaSP

BDArmory

BouldCo

CrossFeedEnabler

D12Battletech

DMagic Orbital Science

EVE

FAR

Firespitter

Goodspeed

HGR

KAS

KAX

Kethane

KipEng

Klockheed_Martian

MagicSmokeIndustries

Mechjeb2

MechjebRPM

Modstatistics

NearFuture

Final Frontier

R&SCapsuledyne

RemoteTech2

TextureReplacer

Interstellar

What's the intersting thing is that I removed ModuleManager to see if something that's modifying it is breaking, and the issue still persisted after removing ModuleManager. I think I got something installed that is not compatible with the new KW. Unless I got a corrupted save.

thats for some of the contracts, when you have to test the clamp...

Ok, I think I fixed it. Remember that shuttle that I was talking about that I keep around as a trophy. Apparently something about it was causing a flood of NullReferenceExceptions when loading from the VAB with the most recent version of KW installed. Something about the CDP docking port from the B9 pack. Recovered the vessel since then the issue has gone away.

What was SPS again, that was mentioned in changelog?

Was it this one that looked axactly like apollo service module engine?

Yup. It was also the perfect upgrade for an orbital engine from NovaPunch's RMA-3. Personally I'm keeping it in place of the new one :P

Yup. It was also the perfect upgrade for an orbital engine from NovaPunch's RMA-3. Personally I'm keeping it in place of the new one :P

Well i always used sph on my command modules when i felt that atomic engine is overkill.. Now that it is powred by mono i will need to redesign these. But will engineer redux calculate delta-v properly for it? (i didnt checked if it does it properly for stock oms too).

There was also tech tree redesign mentioned, will we get 3m engines earlier now? Because i remember that 3m engines from arm were erlier on tech tree than kw ones. And tech tree progression is supposed to follow stock now.

I'm not entirely sure, but it sounds like a tweak fix to stop the random mission generator from generating stuff like "test launch clamps from the mun!" Since that's mildly impossible....

Well then... for anybody using the reduced clamp noise patch who are getting contract launch clamps in bad places add

MODULE

{

name = ModuleTestSubject

// nowhere: 0, srf: 1, ocean: 2, atmo: 4, space: 8

environments = 1

useStaging = True

useEvent = False

}

to Squad/Parts/Utility/launchClamp1/part.cfg.

Hmmm... I seem to be having issues with KW. Not sure if it's a mod conflict or something else.

I am running the x64 version of KSP with this list of mods:

Final Frontier

Kerbal Alarm Clock

MechJeb2

SCANSat

Aviation Lights

Infernal Robotics

KW Rocketry

All of these are updated to their respective 0.24 versions and are all fresh installs on a fresh install of KSP.

It crashes upon trying to load my save, but ONLY if I have KW Rocketry installed.

Tomorrow, I will try it with just KW installed, just to see what happens.

Is there a known conflict between KW and one of those other mods?

Hmmm... I seem to be having issues with KW. Not sure if it's a mod conflict or something else.

...snip...

All of these are updated to their respective 0.24 versions and are all fresh installs on a fresh install of KSP.

It crashes upon trying to load my save, but ONLY if I have KW Rocketry installed.

Tomorrow, I will try it with just KW installed, just to see what happens.

Is there a known conflict between KW and one of those other mods?

Same thing for me here on 0.24 x64, it crashes with and without other mods.

The crash happens when I load up a save game or start a new (sandbox) game.

Loading all the other mods without KW works fine.

Mod list:

Aviation Lighs v3.6

Docking Port Alignment (v4.0)

Kerbal Engineer Redux (v0.6.2.7)

Enhanced NavBall

FAR (v0.14.0.1)

Infernal Robotics (v0.17)

Kerbal Alarm Clock (v2.7.7.0)

KSP Alternate Resource Panel (v2.4.0.0)

RCS Build Aid (v0.4.6)

Remote Tech (v1.4.0)

SCANSAT (v6.1)

This is with just KW active:

Output_log.txt file here: justpaste.it/gbd6

error.log file here: justpaste.it/gbd8

This is with all mods active:

Output_log.txt file here: justpaste.it/gbdg

error.log file here: justpaste.it/gbdk

Hope these logs help.

If there's any additional information / testing anyone needs just let me know!

KW is awesome, keep up the good work :)

[Edit]

After starting fresh a second time (guess the first one I wasn't fully awake) it seems the problem might be with the Alternate Resource Panel.

Having that disabled now seems to allow KW to work at least so far (1 hour playtime).

[Edit]

Edited by Joshyu
added new info

i have some trouble with the decoupling of fairings. They don't move out of the way, just crash in the craft.

I googled a bit and found some hints to that in a few post, but all are from different version. There are also rumors of problems with other mods, but no solution.

What could prevent a propper decoupling of fairings?