[1.2] L-Tech Scientific Industries V4.2

ludsoe

Just wondering why you would upload a mod that you didn't bother to test that much? Honestly this is kinda false advertising when the mod isn't working as promised in the description. Just saying in the future get your mods working as advertised before uploading them.

Just wondering why you would upload a mod that you didn't bother to test that much? Honestly this is kinda false advertising when the mod isn't working as promised in the description. Just saying in the future get your mods working as advertised before uploading them.

Yeah that last update was a bit out of character, Normally I would test a little more but I assumed everything was working as it should.

Just started a new game in 0.23 with mods and used your camera. Is it normal, that the science yield is rather low?

Due to the way the KSP science system works Kerbin gives much smaller amounts of science then say taking a picture of other planets. If sending the camera to other planets is too much trouble, I suggest pointing it at some Interesting objects. Such as Easter eggs and Mun arch's.

Why would you "assume everything was working" I'm not trying to be mean or anything it's just the mod seems interesting and I like the concept. My issue is how the description made it sound like the mod is ready to go when in fact there's still tweaking that needs to be done. If you stated that things weren't 100% working in the description I'd have no problem. Maybe you should release a stable version and a WIP version.

Why would you "assume everything was working" I'm not trying to be mean or anything it's just the mod seems interesting and I like the concept. My issue is how the description made it sound like the mod is ready to go when in fact there's still tweaking that needs to be done. If you stated that things weren't 100% working in the description I'd have no problem. Maybe you should release a stable version and a WIP version.

I can Understand somewhat that it can be a little agitating when you get all excited about using a mod and then there are issues, However part of the process of installing any "updated" or "New Mod" is helping test it and giving feed back about what is not working as described...just part of the process. Its not as if the creative minds behind these mods are getting paid and have a deadline. I know when i created the models i did do some testing of the parts lining up at the nodes with stock parts and some others from other mods...but i surely didn't have time to go through EVERY part in the game....as such we depend on the community to point these things out as they come across them.The same can be said for it's functionality. It is always more helpful to simply describe the problem you are having with the parts so that they can be fixed. Thanks.

It's not so much as the process. Yes I understand the mod evolution and that mods don't work right away. However from both the spaceport and the thread info it sounded like the mod was functioning and had everything functioning. It's the fact that I feel the description is miss leading that I have a problem with. My other issue is the mod dev stated that he only did limited testing on the mod. My understanding is he just made sure it loaded and the part was there. What good is a part if its function as stated by the description isn't there or wasn't tested at all? That's my core problem with it. To put it harshly the fact features were claimed by the mod and come to find out they either weren't in at all or not tested to see if they work.

Want to share this little thing, somebody may find useful. The Kerb-I External Camera can be watched in IVA using RPM by Mihara, all it takes beyond having both mods installed is to have the following lines with a config file in gamedata (I put those with one of the example config files in RPM):

// Part Kerb-I from L-tech
@PART[externalcamera]
{
MODULE
{
name = JSIExternalCameraSelector
cameraContainer = RCSthruster
rotateCamera = -90,0,0
translateCamera = 0, 0.05, 0
cameraIDPrefix = ExtCam
}
}

Idea: Run experiment in your skylab.. for certain durations..

Such as: 1 hour, 1 day, 1 year.. etc...

And they are still active even when player is not focused on that vessel..

They require resources.. require science data to feed in, which needs to be gathered by player.. and etc..

Hi guys, I'm new to the community but hoping to be a part of it.

Question: I've searched through this thread for a quite a while but can't seem to find what I want.. could somebody please explain how to get clipboards and model rockets before my head explodes?

Thanks in advance.

Just a quick verification... I have everything launched but when i do my research its only yielding 5 or less science. Seems a little tedious and complicated to get science 5 at a time, or less the more you do it, or am i missing something? More science at the Mun or different planets maybe?

Just a quick verification... I have everything launched but when i do my research its only yielding 5 or less science. Seems a little tedious and complicated to get science 5 at a time, or less the more you do it, or am i missing something? More science at the Mun or different planets maybe?

You actually get more science the farther away its from kerbin, following the standard KSP science logic. I might change it so you can pour more resources into the experiment and get more science out. Ill just have to figure out a fun way to balance it.

When using the cameras, it only gives me less than a second to view the picture I just took. That's no fun, what gives?

The pictures saved to your hard drive. Check in the "modfolder/plugins/plugindata/ltscience" for the picture.

Okay. I'd still like to take a moment to relish the picture(s) I just took, though.

Also, it seems a bit OP to take a picture of space and get 500 science out of it with 100% transmission efficiency, compared to other instruments :\

Where did you exactly take this picture? Was it orbiting the sun? Ksp must have some insane science scaling. I expected pictures of further objects to be valuable, but emptiness shouldn't give you 500 science.

As for taking time to relish you're pictures Ill look into setting a timer for how long the exposure lasts.

could i possibly get some help? none of the parts are appearing in my career save, they are present in sandbox, but not career. I have the interstellar tech tree loaded, but on making new games, i can't find the parts in any other tech tree! any help would be appreciated :)

I haven't installed this mod in my .23 game yet.

Try opening the part.cfg file for the part that isn't showing up in the tech tree, and look for something similar to this:

TechRequired = advRocketry

In the above, the part will appear in the "Advanced Rocketry" node. You should be able to add the line or modify it if you don't like where the part goes.

Where did you exactly take this picture? Was it orbiting the sun? Ksp must have some insane science scaling. I expected pictures of further objects to be valuable, but emptiness shouldn't give you 500 science.

As for taking time to relish you're pictures Ill look into setting a timer for how long the exposure lasts.

I took a picture at Gilly. I see now that vanilla science instruments had around that amount of science, but they had a transmission cost that mitigated it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...