[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

RSS is not out for 1.0.5 yet

If you're trying to install it into 1.0.5, that's your problem right there.

mole55: As the readme states, you unzip the textures zip and merge GameData into your KSP folder (i.e. merging its contents with your current GameData, so by the end, your GameData folder includes, in addition to whatever it already did, the new folder RSS-Textures).

Just in case some people would like to try it : it seems to work fine in 1.0.5.

To get it to work : you simply have to recompile RSS with an updated version number in Checkers.cs

Also, to avoid the sinking issue related to Kopernicus, you need to use the latest development dll.

Do NOT try to use it on your main install, and do NOT complain here if it does not work.

If it's not updated yet, it's for a reason.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Quick check with EVE(latest) + Scatterer.

Hey so, stock install, Linux 64 bit, the latest RSS is hanging up on loading for me. My mod folder is NOTHING but stock, kopernicus, and RSS (and modulemanager). Unfortunately i don't have a log for the log gods because it doesnt crash, just hang up on an endless loading loop. I'm going to test this on my windows install and see if maybe she just no likey the linux 64 hack (it hasnt been a problem before for more than a year)

[B]EDIT: Oh jeez ignore this foolishness, i was missing the RSS textures ... let that be a lesson to everyone[/B] Edited by Lucius

[quote name='NathanKell']Changelog
v10.4
* Update for KSP 1.0.5.
* Update for Kopernicus 0.5 (thanks Thomas).
* Correct rotation of KSC (at Cape Canaveral).
* Colors for different classes of tracking stations (thanks PhineasFreak).[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, CKAN is reporting that your version 10.4 is for KSP version 1.0.4 making it unable to download for 1.0.5

[quote name='Faracus']Just a heads up, CKAN is reporting that your version 10.4 is for KSP version 1.0.4 making it unable to download for 1.0.5[/QUOTE]

Heh, I had inverse issue :P

Was trying to download for 1.04 and thought it was great it hadn't been updated yet =D.. Nope :( lol

[quote name='Faracus']Just a heads up, CKAN is reporting that your version 10.4 is for KSP version 1.0.4 making it unable to download for 1.0.5[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Pronoes']Heh, I had inverse issue :P

Was trying to download for 1.04 and thought it was great it hadn't been updated yet =D.. Nope :( lol[/QUOTE]

This issue should be fixed now

Hello Nathan!

I was wondering what you would think about making some sort of a light Realism Overhaul suite for RSS. I really like to play with a real sized solar system but I dont want to have my part list doubled, nor do I like to have a part for every use. I think it somehow kills the "Lego" side of the stock game. In my opinion, having a little part list encourage ingenuity in the construction and better designs planning. Now I know that this is Realism Overhaul and not "bigger Kerbol system", but I'm still curious what you would think about it.

Cheers!

Ben

I am trying to update through CKAN. It does not give me the option tu update i got latest version of KSP. But is says RSS is older version. [IMG]http://imgur.com/xkFeB6N[/IMG]
What i am doing wrong ?
[URL]http://imgur.com/xkFeB6N[/URL]

Yes, I screwed up the versioning. Sorry all.

Benoit: Try [url=https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/raw/master/ROMini.cfg]ROMini[/url], or try SMURFF, or try SimpleRO. Any of those would be what you want, I think, though SimpleRO may be too heavyweight for your needs.

[quote name='Benoît']Hello Nathan!

I was wondering what you would think about making some sort of a light Realism Overhaul suite for RSS. I really like to play with a real sized solar system but I dont want to have my part list doubled, nor do I like to have a part for every use. I think it somehow kills the "Lego" side of the stock game. In my opinion, having a little part list encourage ingenuity in the construction and better designs planning. Now I know that this is Realism Overhaul and not "bigger Kerbol system", but I'm still curious what you would think about it.

Cheers!

Ben[/QUOTE]

Kind of the same as you here: I don't like RO and the whole messing up with parts it brings.

What I did (and am still doing) is getting most of the mods that compose RO, but separately. That way, I can play a more realistic KSP, but still have control over which part I want and which I don't.

(I can give you my list of mods if you wish)

[QUOTE]
Benoit: Try ROMini, or try SMURFF, or try SimpleRO. Any of those would be what you want, I think, though SimpleRO may be too heavyweight for your needs.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
(I can give you my list of mods if you wish)
[/QUOTE]

Thank you Nathan and Gaarst. SMURFF is exacly what I was looking for.

[quote name='Benoît']Thank you Nathan and Gaarst. SMURFF is exacly what I was looking for.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so do you actually want my modlist (as you quoted me) ?

[spoiler=Putting it anyway]Here is my modlist as of 1.0.4.
Mods [U]underlined[/U] are mods that are relevant to your question (included in RO or useful for RSS).

AeroGUI
Active Texture Management
Asteroid Day
[I][U]Better Buoyancy[/U] - Obsolete as of 1.0.5[/I]
Chatterer
Contract Configurator
[U]CrossFeed Enabler[/U]
FASA Launch Clamps
Hangar Extender
[U]Interstellar Fuel Switch[/U]
[U]Kerbal Joint Reinforcement[/U]
Kerbal Alarm Clock