[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

remove the "!lh2Amount" line. Patches process all values on a level and then all nodes on a level, not the order in which you put things in the cfg

Thanks! Changed that and removed all but the first # sign in the line with multiple variable lookups. Now it's working.

Did the order of evaluation change since the first version with variables? Because the example deletes a temporary variable after referring to it inside a node.

Yay, we can now edit the tech tree with config files... oh wait, just not with the standard way of editing config files.

I think you can make a custom TechTree that KSP loads, but you have to load your tree ingame. I need to check this.

Quick question! I added the decouple module to the fairing bases using MM and that worked no problem but the decouple module fires when the fairings are jettisoned. Is there any way to put the decouple module onto a different staging event using MM or will that require a plugin?

Version 2.6.2 : Allow for modded Techtree to be used.

Downloads :

ModuleManager.2.6.2.dll

ModuleManager-2.6.2.zip

A_Burnt_Rodent : plugin most likely

1.)Thank you for the reply, guess I'll have to make a request on the appropriate thread.

2.)ThankYouThankYouThankYou, for the update. This now makes the Tech Tree what it always could have been. It took me all of 2 minutes looking at the .cfg to figure out how to alter existing and add new nodes.

Somebody mentioned a lot of changes where made to the underlying techtree mechanics...

Has anybody noticed a good tech progress substitute yet? (or at least a announcement so I know where to look)

Currently the tech tree seems to be mocking my OCD.

Sarbian,

Running the current DLL: 2.6.2

I'm trying to get the Mechjeb4all working properly, but it seems that this code (which seems to have been copied from your docs) isn't working. What happens is that everything is unlocked immediately, without regard to the tech tree:

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{
%MODULE[MechJebCore]
{
MechJebLocalSettings
{
MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }
MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
}
}

any ideas?

So this question is more of a technical curiosity than anything, but I've wanted to know for a long time... What does MM actually do, in layman's terms? I have a vague understanding that it makes the modules from different mods work together, but I would really like to know more.

So this question is more of a technical curiosity than anything, but I've wanted to know for a long time... What does MM actually do, in layman's terms? I have a vague understanding that it makes the modules from different mods work together, but I would really like to know more.

It allows one to make edits to config nodes (about 99% of what gets put in .cfg files in GameData) without editing the file directly (so no file overwrites which leads to issues reverting, difficulty applying multiple edits, etc.)

Edited by Crzyrndm

It allows one to make edits to config nodes (about 99% of what gets put in .cfg files in GameData) without editing the file directly (so no file overwrites which leads to issues reverting, difficulty applying multiple edits, etc.)

Ah, okay. That's why it's so popular!

Would have to say part of the fun of coming to KSP forums is seeing what interesting title change has happened to MM thread =)

sarbian, as always a big thank you for the HUGE contributions you make to this wonderful game!

Hey gentlemen. Ive looked through the thread since V 1.0 kicked in and havnt seen anyone else with this issue. (My apoligies if there is...)

Ive tried everything but MM just dosnt seem to want to work for me in 1.0.

Ive gone right to the point of verifying my steam game files (all good) and even just started out with MM and AmbientLightAdjustment to get one mod working...

The game shows MM loading at the load screen but no modules loading. Now, back in .90, the AmbientLightAdjustment icon would come up and I was able use the slide to adjust.

Nothing shows up and I cant see anything to do with the MM. Am I doing something wrong or is something new I don't know about? Any help greatfully received.

Thankyou for the response Crzyrndm. I was only using AmbientLightAdjustment as an example. Its all good I have sorted the issue...as usualy happens just after I post the question.

Its weird how posting a question can make a light bulb go off in my head lol. Thankyou again :)