[1.3] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v3.3.3 7/24/17

ferram4

just encountered this

(0x0000000103C80000) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

(0x000000004723BFF8) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): KerbalJointReinforcement.KerbalJointReinforcement:RunVesselJointUpdateFunction (Vessel) + 0x308 (000000004723BCF0 000000004723C324) [0000000002384D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0

(0x000000004723BC6D) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): KerbalJointReinforcement.KerbalJointReinforcement:OnVesselOffRails (Vessel) + 0x1d (000000004723BC50 000000004723BCC9) [0000000002384D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0

(0x0000000028936ABE) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): EventData`1<object>:Fire (object) + 0x21e (00000000289368A0 0000000028936D1C) [0000000002384D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0

(0x000000001860E7F8) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): Vessel:GoOffRails () + 0x388 (000000001860E470 000000001860E81F) [0000000002384D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0

(0x000000001859C3FF) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): OrbitPhysicsManager:LateUpdate () + 0x20f (000000001859C1F0 000000001859C8C4) [0000000002384D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0

(0x00000000040C72DB) (Mono JIT code): (filename not available): (wrapper runtime-invoke) object:runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) + 0x6b (00000000040C7270 00000000040C734A) [0000000002384D48 - Unity Root Domain] + 0x0

(0x000007FEF05436CA) (mono): (filename not available): mono_set_defaults + 0x2b8e

(0x000000013FBD8798) (KSP_x64): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

(0x00000000FFFFFFFF) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

(0x0000000002384D48) ((module-name not available)): (filename not available): (function-name not available) + 0x0

Is there way to disable bobbling at all? So engine don't calculate joints and all parts recieve same angle as command part. It would ease CPU load much. Is it possible through mods?

@dtoxic: That's a problem with x64, nothing I can do about it. Try again and I guarantee you'll find something else in the next crash you have, and sometimes it'll be stock code.

@kuss: Sure. Recompile the source, and accept that sometimes your vehicle will spontaneously explode coming out of timewarp due to physics glitches. There's a reason it can't be disabled by config.

@pss88: Part welding is possible, but outside the scope of this mod. KJR only seeks to strengthen joints, not turn the entire vehicle into a gigantic, indivisible rigid body.

Also, I wonder if it's possible to fix decoupler bug in 64-bit version with the help of KJR? IIRC, in early days KJR had the same bug, and it was fixed eventually.

Squad says they've fixed it in .24.1 You'll still want to check the Size 3 decoupler cfg in the NASA Mission parts to see if it has the Physics Significance = 1 line. It was there in .23.5 and .24. If you use that decoupler in any way other than right side up in a single center stack or in asparagus stacks attached with a radial decoupler, some unexpected events can happen.

Delete that line or change the 1 to a 0 and it behaves just like all the other inline decouplers, which don't have that line.

I think I'm seeing an issue between KSP 0.24.2 OS X, KJR 2.4.3 and some other mod. After upgrading KSP and KJR this evening, I found all in flight vehicles tore themselves to pieces and new vehiclesâ€â€on the pad, prelaunchâ€â€have parts slowly drifting apart. Removing KJR fixes the problem in new vehicles, but switching to one already flying still causes that vehicle to explode. Loading stock KSP and KJR alone does not present the symptom.

I did one binary search of all my mods to see which was fighting with KJR but had no luck finding a single mod that was the culprit; likely I just made mistake moving mod folders around. Or they're ganging up on me.

Has anyone else seen this or know of another mod likely to start pulling hair when left alone with KJR?

Info for the morbidly curious:

000_Toolbar

ActiveTextureManagement

AlignedCurrencyIndicator

AviationLights

B9_Aerospace

BoulderCo

Chatterer

ConnectedLivingSpace

DMagic Orbital Science

DeadlyReentry

DebRefund

DistantObject

EnhancedNavBall

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

ExsurgentEngineering

FerramAerospaceResearch

Firespitter

FusTek

Fusebox

KAS

KAX

KSP-AVC

KSPScienceLibrary

KWRocketry

Kethane

KineTechAnimation

MagicSmokeIndustries

MechJeb2

ModStatistics

ModsByTal

ModularFuelTanks

ModuleManager.2.2.0.dll

NASAmission

NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicator

Nereid

OpenResourceSystem

PartCatalog

RealChute

RealRoster

RemoteTech2

ResGen

SCANsat

ShipManifest

TextureReplacer

ThunderAerospace (LifeSupport)

TreeLoader

TriggerTech

TweakScale

US_Core

UmbraSpaceIndustries

WarpPlugin

Here's a sample of some new log spam that I'm seeing (but have no idea if it's got nothin' to do with nothin')

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

getObtAtUT result is NaN! UT: NaN

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

nearestTT is NaN! t1: 0, t2: 0, FEVp: NaN, SEVp: NaN

problem!

[NaN, NaN, NaN] - [NaN, NaN, NaN] - NaN - [NaN, NaN, NaN] - 0

E is Infinity! tA: 3.14159263251637, e = 1

dT is NaN! tA: 3.14159263251637, E: Infinity, M: NaN, T: NaN

problem!

problem!

E is Infinity! tA: 3.14159267466322, e = 1

dT is NaN! tA: 3.14159267466322, E: Infinity, M: NaN, T: NaN

problem!

[NaN, NaN, NaN] - [NaN, NaN, NaN] - NaN - [NaN, NaN, NaN] - NaN

problem!

[NaN, NaN, NaN] - [NaN, NaN, NaN] - NaN - [NaN, NaN, NaN] - NaN

And here's a screenshot of a pre-launch vehicle after having drifted apart for a while (notice the capsule is still in it's original position while the tanks and engine have floated, slowly, above it.)

85IOfs.png

Uh that dT is NaN! is annoying me so much, it prevents me from refocusing on my vessel after fine tuning some planet/moon periapsis and once corrupted one of my ships (where it goes black with blank altimeter and all).

TLDR; KJR was a red herring, don't skip it on my account!

Just an update on my earlier post about a problem with KSP 0.24.2 OS X, KJR 2.4.3 and an unknown mod. After several more hours of testing various mod combinations, it looks like:

1. KJR is merely altering or amplifying the symptoms, it's not part of a root cause. For example, with KJR, vessel parts drift apart without input. Without KJR, the parts don't drift but the vehicle is still broken and will fly apart as soon as acceleration is applied.

2. It now seems the problem is in incompatibilities between three other mod's various versions of KSPAPIExtensions and 0.24.2 and possibly each other; seems to be quite a mess around that (otherwise great) library right now. If I ever really nail it down, I'll continue this in the appropriate mods' threads.

Sorry for the interruption; carry on.

• 2 weeks later...

There's nothing stopping you from removing those dlls, nor is there anything preventing you from opting out; ModStatistics has no affect on KJR's code and KJR will run perfectly fine if ModStats is removed. Unless the forum rules change such that ModStatistics (in any form) is outright banned, ModStatistics will continue to be bundled with KJR in some form.

i'm sorry to hear that, because no matter how many times i remove the files and change the .cfg to opt-out, it keeps getting auto installed. if i empty the file contents and make them read-only ksp will not even start up.

privacy issues aside, modstatistics is breaking my gameplay, most notably by screwing with EVAs, & vessel and kerbal recovery ceasing to function.

If it keeps getting auto-installed, that means that you have not deleted all the versions of it; ModStats makes sure that the most recent version always exists in its own directory so that that can be the dll that run and easily overwritten if necessary so that there is always the most up-to-date, bug-free version available. It does respect the opt-out though, which you can check with Wireshark if you're so inclined; the only data that should be done should be whatever data collection Squad runs and perhaps some update-checks for other mods.

ModStatistics should not have any affect on any of the things that you are complaining about, since it doesn't interfere with any of that code. The only way that its presence or lack thereof could affect that is if you're using a plugin that either is highly unstable and breaks at random times or if you are using a plugin that exists to try and interfere with ModStatistics in some unspecified way.

sorry to vent about it in your thread, but; after about 5 hours of trying to figure out why things werent working, it came down to modstatistics. and to further cement it, i installed a clean copy and put ONLY modstatistics in gamedata: and was able to replicate the problem. i'd direct my frustration to the modstatistics thread, but well...

i'm not a programmer, so i dont know what the code is doing, you would know much more than me, but something IS doing it.

That is damn peculiar, and I can't think of any reason why that might be happening, outside of strange permissions involving KSP and where it's installed. That, or using an out-of-date ModStatistics if you opted out of the auto-updates as well (which i suspect you had; hopefully you're using v1.0.3 then). Hmm...

If the bug is reproducible even in v1.0.3 in KSP 0.24.2, then I'd advise you to collect your output_log.txt from causing the bug, reproduction steps, etc. and make a new issue here: https://github.com/Majiir/ModStatistics/issues. Majiir's probably going to take some time to get to it due to real life issues for him, but there is a place you can submit a bug report and get things taken care of.

TLDR; KJR was a red herring, don't skip it on my account!

Just an update on my earlier post about a problem with KSP 0.24.2 OS X, KJR 2.4.3 and an unknown mod. After several more hours of testing various mod combinations, it looks like:

1. KJR is merely altering or amplifying the symptoms, it's not part of a root cause. For example, with KJR, vessel parts drift apart without input. Without KJR, the parts don't drift but the vehicle is still broken and will fly apart as soon as acceleration is applied.

2. It now seems the problem is in incompatibilities between three other mod's various versions of KSPAPIExtensions and 0.24.2 and possibly each other; seems to be quite a mess around that (otherwise great) library right now. If I ever really nail it down, I'll continue this in the appropriate mods' threads.

Sorry for the interruption; carry on.

I'm also experiencing some problems.

Using Realism Overhaul, I cannot get a large rocket into space anymore. Everytime my rocket breaks apart at the joints between PP and PF parts.

Very frustrating.

That is damn peculiar, and I can't think of any reason why that might be happening, outside of strange permissions involving KSP and where it's installed. That, or using an out-of-date ModStatistics if you opted out of the auto-updates as well (which i suspect you had; hopefully you're using v1.0.3 then). Hmm...

If the bug is reproducible even in v1.0.3 in KSP 0.24.2, then I'd advise you to collect your output_log.txt from causing the bug, reproduction steps, etc. and make a new issue here: https://github.com/Majiir/ModStatistics/issues. Majiir's probably going to take some time to get to it due to real life issues for him, but there is a place you can submit a bug report and get things taken care of.

i saved a couple of the log files, it isnt messing with other mods, just those 2 types of interactions, when i EVA a kerbal, it doesnt auto-switch to the kerbal and it will just float off if left alone. and when recovering a vessel or kerbal, either while controlling it, or from spaceport control, when the screen changes to the spaceport vista, no currency/rep/science spash screen, and if you enter mission control again, the vessels/kerbals are still out in the world.

i can remember a similar bug with the kerbals from either ship or crew manifest from either v23 or 23.5, so i spent a lot of time testing CLS and ship manifest with other mods trying to see if they were the cause.

also, the problem did not arise untill i got fed up with 64b and decided to just get rid of B9 again and stick with 32b, the problem was evident from first run in 32, and when i loaded the 64 again to see, it was also present. does something change in MS code between what version is running?

Is it possible to disable physics easing during the initial load of a ship? I can not use the hangar mod very well because the physics easing is causing the parts to explode. The hangars are trying to load in ships inside the hangar to store them, and the physics easing is conflicting with that.

The code that prevents your vehicle from being affected by gravity on the surface and makes all joints unbreakable and parts un-explodable is causing parts to explode... Currently, the only way to disable it is to recompile the source without it, but I doubt that would solve your issue. This does not sound like the physics easing causing issues, this sounds like part clipping + collision issues (which cannot be fixed on KJR's side) or the joint stiffness being too high for the ships as they load, if there is a joint between the two separate ships at that point (which even in the stock game is asking for trouble). I doubt there is any way to fix your issue short of uninstalling KJR and playing without it, as I suspect that the conflict is between KJR's main function (stiffening joints) and the hangar mod.

• 2 weeks later...

i encountered this error ksp 0.24.2 X32bit

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at KerbalJointReinforcement.KerbalJointReinforcement.RunVesselJointUpdateFunction (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalJointReinforcement.KerbalJointReinforcement.OnVesselOffRails (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.GoOffRails () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at OrbitPhysicsManager.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Okay, so then:

Where's the rest of the output_log.txt? How did you cause it? Provide a complete list of reproduction steps, using the simplest craft possible (this means as few mods as possible).

Okay, so then:

Where's the rest of the output_log.txt? How did you cause it? Provide a complete list of reproduction steps, using the simplest craft possible (this means as few mods as possible).

.... few mod's as posible? man i'am running a ton of mods but i can tell you it happend when i installed KSO cause i never saw this kind of errror before but anyway here is the output.log maybe you can make something out of it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v096c4hnaol7o2b/output_log.rar