KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Hey Guys,

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 13.10 a few days ago and im getting a bizzare error after just installing Mono-complete and trying to run the server.

skay@ks3329890:~/ksp$ sudo mono KMPServer.exe

[sudo] password for skay:

Missing method System.Linq.Enumerable::Where<[1]>(IEnumerable`1<!!0>,Func`2<!!0, bool>) in assembly /home/skay/ksp/System.Core.dll, referenced in assembly /home/skay/ksp/KMPServer.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Linq.Enumerable.Where'.

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Linq.Enumerable.Where'.

Any Ideas?

Does anyone know of a way to import an existing save onto a server? I have some stuff from a non-KMP save file that I would like to put on my KMP server. Can this be done?

The progress is saved in the "KMP_universe.db" file.

So it's impossible.

Hmm, that's too bad. I guess I'll have to try and add it in somehow.

You could have luck with mod like hyper edit.

As far as i know server is just listening what you doing and sending it to others, nothing like cheat protection.

So when youu get xour craft from vab to launchpad, you should be able to hyperedit it to the stars!

Thgte is a question, if you will be able to use hyperedit in KMP, thoug.

You could have luck with mod like hyper edit.

As far as i know server is just listening what you doing and sending it to others, nothing like cheat protection.

So when youu get xour craft from vab to launchpad, you should be able to hyperedit it to the stars!

Thgte is a question, if you will be able to use hyperedit in KMP, thoug.

Yeah, I just used HyperEdit to get one station up in orbit. It gives people who use my server a place to meet up/rendevous! :)

Hey Guys,

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 13.10 a few days ago and im getting a bizzare error after just installing Mono-complete and trying to run the server.

skay@ks3329890:~/ksp$ sudo mono KMPServer.exe

[sudo] password for skay:

Missing method System.Linq.Enumerable::Where<[1]>(IEnumerable`1<!!0>,Func`2<!!0, bool>) in assembly /home/skay/ksp/System.Core.dll, referenced in assembly /home/skay/ksp/KMPServer.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Linq.Enumerable.Where'.

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Linq.Enumerable.Where'.

Any Ideas?

Method not found: 'System.Linq.Enumerable.Where'.

in your .net there is no such method.

it needs .net 4.0 for working

Method not found: 'System.Linq.Enumerable.Where'.

in your .net there is no such method.

it needs .net 4.0 for working

Surely mono-complete should already contain .net 4.0 do you know what I must do extra to get 4.0 working?

Great work so far,

Does anyone experience frequent and random/sporadic disconnects when running the server on Linux though mono? i am on my server and it's very frustrating, the lack of any auto reconnect and the menu disappearing when disconnected is rather annoying.

Every day the builds get better, many of the random disconnects have been fixed in recent commits, but with all developing projects the bugs are a plenty. All in all I am really happy with how quickly development is moving on this.

I cant tell people to sit on their hands and wait for the next build but if they are so inclined they could always checkout the github and make their own builds, you only need VisualStudio2010 express to compile. Keeping in mind if you do pull directly from the git you will get errors about missing files. You need to supply them from the game directory.

Every day the builds get better, many of the random disconnects have been fixed in recent commits, but with all developing projects the bugs are a plenty. All in all I am really happy with how quickly development is moving on this.

I cant tell people to sit on their hands and wait for the next build but if they are so inclined they could always checkout the github and make their own builds, you only need VisualStudio2010 express to compile. Keeping in mind if you do pull directly from the git you will get errors about missing files. You need to supply them from the game directory.

i know how to set up Visual studio for ksp but i dont know how to make one dll with al this *.cs stuff

In vs2010 -> file -> open project -> "KerbalMultiPlayer.csproj"

Then drag the 3 required dlls onto the references for the KMPserver(expand it on the right).

Assembly-CSharp.dll, Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll and UnityEngine.dll

To build press f6 or right click the "solution 'kerbalmultiplayer'" and click build.

The needed files will go into \KerbalMultiPlayer\KMPServer\bin\Release

Enjoy!

Edit: made it more readable

Edited by cullyn

I hope there'll be a way to have a "Ready to sync" button for the small-time servers. Typically what happens is I launch a craft, the universe decides to sync below 20km and I lose my craft by the craft-switchery. Hopefully you can put a 'safety bubble' around Kerbin, Eve, and Laythe to prevent URD (Unscheduled Rapid Disassemley) in later builds.

I feel the safety bubble is a stop gap to a bigger problem. Simply the way the server handles at the moment, when crafts are close, is neigh impossible if any latency is involved. The safety bubble is exactly that. An isolation from the rest of the server. If you add more, those areas become isolation areas which will disconnect(think instances in wow) the server even more.

Thinking about changes to the safety bubble now is not the right time, the server needs more time to mature and more issues resolved.

A buddy has set up a server on his gameserver (which usually runs Battlefield servers, so power is not an issue) for private use for a couple of guys, but KMP doesn't seem to do the trick at all for us. I feel like we must've done something wrong, because it seems to work for most others...

Basically:

Syncing is completely out of whack. A buddy joined alone, put a ship in LKO and disconnected. Some hours later, I joined, synced up correctly, then put up another vessel in close proximity orbit to the other one (without docking). This took some catching up, so some days of warping went by. All done while I was solo on the server. After that I disconnected and reconnected about 15min later. And bam, after syncing everything was back to the first time I connected (including a time reset, noticeable because the launch vehicle of the first ship was again on its reentry orbit where it was left by my buddy. Right after connecting and during syncing, you get a Map View showing the existing vessel done by my buddy and mine indicated by a small orange arrow, before being put to the Space center screen where it says "syncing complete". I couldn't find anything odd in the log: While I'm connected, it shows a endless series of "sending primary update" etc., as to be expected.

Could there be a config reason for a flight not being registered/saved with the server at all?

In vs2010 -> file -> open project -> "KerbalMultiPlayer.csproj"

Then drag the 3 required dlls onto the references for the KMPserver(expand it on the right).

Assembly-CSharp.dll, Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll and UnityEngine.dll

To build press f6 or right click the "solution 'kerbalmultiplayer'" and click build.

The needed files will go into \KerbalMultiPlayer\KMPServer\bin\Release

Enjoy!

Edit: made it more readable

All this does is give me a 2 new .dlls:

ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll

KerbalMultiPlayer.dll

If I throw these into the server folder and run the original 0.1.2 KMPserver.exe it crashes when someone joins.

Should I be getting the new .exe and other sql .dlls when I hit build?

Edited by DataSchmuck

the other files could be located in one of the bin folders, sorry it was 2 am when i wrote that

No, you were right, I miss-read and was just looking in the base bin folder.

Got it running now and joined successfully

Thanks for the tutorial! It was easier than I thought it would be.

Glad i could help.

Newer server builds are not backwards compatible as of about 6 hours ago. so 0.1.2.0 will not be able to connect to the newer servers. My server is staying on a 0.1.2.0 compatible build until there is an update to the base builds in the main post.

Alright, so as I promised a few days and pages ago it is finally ready for release.

Are you getting tired of manually updating the KMPpartlist.txt if you want to install a mod. Think of all the problems, typo's, not compatible mods etc. etc.

I am here to bring you a simple solution until it is a KMP feature: KMPmodBuilder.

Try it out now. It is a JAVA based program (.jar) file that processes your KSP.log file and extract all the parts from it and overwrites the KMPartlist.txt.

If you have any problems or suggestions let me know on the forum.

Have fun multi-playing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.