[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Motokid, you will have to use a visual diff tool or some other multi-pane text-editor to merge the two conflicting config files into one non-conflicting config file.

Edited by Ruedii
more info

Yeah, for this, I was thinking of fading the billboard out as you approach, but that leads to issues where you don't see clouds up-close (might not actually be an issue.)

A good trick would be to use a 3D grid of "poofs" of clouds using particle billboards. You could actually Mipmap the grids to make the clouds up close out of more particles. This could also provide you with a volumetric effect.

wordpad or notepad or notepad++ can open the .cfg files. if u need to add something to the .cfg files best to compare them. most planet addons u have to copy and past add the planets clouds to the .cfg not drag and drop it in. imo best bid is to redownload for the defualt .cfg and just copy over the differnt stuff.

Is it possible to make the clouds of Duna darker and lower? I've been playing around with the settings, besides radius and color what do the offsets x and y do for the texture?

The offsets move the textures across the sphere surface.

So how could I make it darker, or at least less transparent, the alpha value appears maxed.

The texture would have to be modified. The texture itself is very transparent, so you would have to go to the folder, ope it in PS or GIMP, and reduce transparency.

Every time I use this mod alongside the Active Memory Reduction mod, The loading of the game completely stops at the /kerbin1, what could be the cause? Without using both the clouds mod or the memory reduction mod at the same time, the game loads fine.

Every time I use this mod alongside the Active Memory Reduction mod, The loading of the game completely stops at the /kerbin1, what could be the cause? Without using both the clouds mod or the memory reduction mod at the same time, the game loads fine.

The first time Memory Redux sees a new texture it spends a little while creating a cache and some other stuff for it. Since the cloud cover from this mod is a massive 8k texture it can seem as if KSP is stuck, even though it is busy reducing RAM impact.

I suggest you try starting it and leave it running for 15 minutes or so. This only happens the first time you load the new texture, so don't worry about increased load times later on.

ive anwser this question a million times it seems. sometimes no matter what ksp an get stuck on a file while loading. whawt ive found best to do is remove the file to you desktop(keep it cause u put back later) and keep trying to start till u have all th efiles/mods its havign problems with. once u can get to the start screen exit game put the files back and should be fine. this dont work 100% of the time depending on what its causing it to freeze but it normaly works for when game just gets stuck but nothing is acutaly wrong.

The first time Memory Redux sees a new texture it spends a little while creating a cache and some other stuff for it. Since the cloud cover from this mod is a massive 8k texture it can seem as if KSP is stuck, even though it is busy reducing RAM impact.

I suggest you try starting it and leave it running for 15 minutes or so. This only happens the first time you load the new texture, so don't worry about increased load times later on.

ive anwser this question a million times it seems. sometimes no matter what ksp an get stuck on a file while loading. whawt ive found best to do is remove the file to you desktop(keep it cause u put back later) and keep trying to start till u have all th efiles/mods its havign problems with. once u can get to the start screen exit game put the files back and should be fine. this dont work 100% of the time depending on what its causing it to freeze but it normaly works for when game just gets stuck but nothing is acutaly wrong.

Ralathon is correct in this case. Just let it go. Could take a LONG time to process the file.

Not necessarily. I've encountered on two occasions what appears to be mods becoming corrupted. I honestly cannot say what causes it, but under two separate circumstances I've had to move all my mods out and return them in chunks to isolate the problem mod. Both times I was able to simply install the mod from scratch and continue on. However, its was obvious there was a problem because the loading bar was in the negative.

Rbray, can I suggest you put the latest iteration in the main post? Its exhausting going through pages looking for it. It would be greatly appreciated. I have yet to try the volumetric clouds yet as I did not have the memory. However, I recently "got" a upgrade from 32 bit Win 7 Ultimate to 64 bit :D Then, I purchased 8 more gigs of G.Skill Ripjaws X ram because its beautiful, cheap per gigabyte and well.. MEMORY! :D

I seem to crash every single time i load this mod. This has happened with every version I've used (I tried uploading the output log to pastebin, but it is about 900kb).

Sounds like memory issues. Do you run a lot of big modpacks without the memory redux mod?

I seem to crash every single time i load this mod. This has happened with every version I've used (I tried uploading the output log to pastebin, but it is about 900kb).

Do you have a lot of mods installed? Especially Universe Replacer or Texture Replacer, that add a lot of high def images? You may be hitting the Unity memory cap.

Sounds like memory issues. Do you run a lot of big modpacks without the memory redux mod?
Do you have a lot of mods installed? Especially Universe Replacer or Texture Replacer, that add a lot of high def images? You may be hitting the Unity memory cap.

Thank you both, too many mods seemed to be the problem :P

Rbray, can I suggest you put the latest iteration in the main post? Its exhausting going through pages looking for it. It would be greatly appreciated. I have yet to try the volumetric clouds yet as I did not have the memory. However, I recently "got" a upgrade from 32 bit Win 7 Ultimate to 64 bit :D Then, I purchased 8 more gigs of G.Skill Ripjaws X ram because its beautiful, cheap per gigabyte and well.. MEMORY! :D

Done.

{10 chars}

So I noticed only above the KSC is the volumetric clouds. Is this intentional?

They actually just spawn once per-game over the first active vessel while I work on the spawning mechanism.

The volumetric clouds look awesome. I have not been able to test it yet but based on the videos I saw it looks a bit weird when passing through it. Have you tried making the sprites fade out when you get close to them so it looks smooth or have you done that already?

What do I have to choose from in terms of city lights? How many variations have people posted? Ive used both Proot's and Rbray's lights. I think I gotta say I like Rbrays "stock" city lights better. So is there something similar with a higher resolution maybe? I have some memory to play with and id like to treat myself to some nice textures. Already running an 8k Kerbin texture and Proot's 8k clouds. Looks amazing.