[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I'll let it run while I'm at work tonight. If 5 hours doesn't do it, nothing will.

And nope. 5 hours later, it has the compressed textures but still hangs on various things in BoulderCo/Plugins (varies by launch - I've seen it hang on Equirectangular2Cubic, CommonUtils, and Clouds so far)

And nope. 5 hours later, it has the compressed textures but still hangs on various things in BoulderCo/Plugins (varies by launch - I've seen it hang on Equirectangular2Cubic, CommonUtils, and Clouds so far)

might be running out of memory then.

Again, it's only using 230 megs when it locks up; when playing KSP without it, I've seen the memory usage go up to 3 gigs. I can't see how loading the plugin libraries could lock it up that much.

Can you try two things please? Can you post your Ksp.log file here, and try using the "low-res" version of the Clouds mod. You should be able to run the low res version.

Again, it's only using 230 megs when it locks up; when playing KSP without it, I've seen the memory usage go up to 3 gigs. I can't see how loading the plugin libraries could lock it up that much.

Probably related to MipMap generation (that generates the same texture, again, in different sizes to optimize the visuals).

Try to set as "false" all your mipmaps, but thats gonna have an impact in visual quality.

Can you try two things please? Can you post your Ksp.log file here, and try using the "low-res" version of the Clouds mod. You should be able to run the low res version.

KSP_Data/output_log.txt and KSP.log from a failed launch with the normal-resolution textures. Switching to the low-res version doesn't fix the problem.

@Proot: I got the texture compressor to work - that's not an issue right now. I narrowed that problem down to the fact that it broke if the focus left KSP while it was still loading, and it's fine now.

KSP_Data/output_log.txt and KSP.log from a failed launch with the normal-resolution textures. Switching to the low-res version doesn't fix the problem.

@Proot: I got the texture compressor to work - that's not an issue right now. I narrowed that problem down to the fact that it broke if the focus left KSP while it was still loading, and it's fine now.

well that's weird... Try downloading and installing again. May have been a corrupt download.

This is the first mod I have downloaded since I had to do a re install a few months back and I must say its amazing! Laythe in particular looks great.

Please would it be possible to do a thick cloud texture for Vall? As i regularly go between it an Laythe stations and think Vall would look great with a snow storm type effect going on.

That was my thought originally, so I had done that before posting about it.

I'm really not sure what is going on then. KSP isn't crashing, nothing in the logs indicates anything. I'm stumped.

I'm really not sure what is going on then. KSP isn't crashing, nothing in the logs indicates anything. I'm stumped.

As am I. Out of curiosity, I created a fresh install with solely this mod, and it still did the same thing (well, it got stuck in Squad's sounds). Very odd, since I've used it in the past without issues.

I see in the dev versions the "altitude" (no more radius) change. Is that "real" altitude? I mean... I don't know how to face the change yet, lol. :confused:

Haha, yes it is the real altitude for a change. People were saying it should be that way.