[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

This method seems like it could work for now, all that's needed is a better detail texture for them.(I really just added a cloud texture for the city lights and made it grey.)

http://i.imgur.com/I9E8MSq.png

Now that's a fix!

However, if you think about it, maybe it shouldn't be seen during day at all since three are no buildings so it looks odd, even if you fill in the squares since it's flat.

Edited by Astronomer

Now that's a fix!

However, if you think about it, maybe it shouldn't be seen during day at all since three are no buildings so it looks odd, even if you fill in the squares since it's flat.

It looks odd from this angle, but from orbit that could be epic.

I mean building placeholders. Some colored squares on the textures :). At least until I can figure out how to implement procedural cities in a performance friendly manner.

I am (sort of) working on procedural cities; the reason I'd like procedural textures is for crisp roads that don't have clipping issues like the ones at KSC.

Here. How about this? Blends well with the green, I think.

Released Under a layman-written version of CC-BY-NC-SA by Stary on CombatAce.

Jm393nLl.jpg

Tiles neatly on all sides. We'd have to paint a night lights image to match it, but shouldn't be too bad.

Here. How about this? Blends well with the green, I think.

Released Under a layman-written version of CC-BY-NC-SA by Stary on CombatAce.

http://i.imgur.com/Jm393nLl.jpg

Tiles neatly on all sides. We'd have to paint a night lights image to match it, but shouldn't be too bad.

IMO, altough it looks great, I feel it looks a little.."too" real for KSP. But that's just me.

Had some glitches today; I wish I'd taken screenshots. My crew was returning from the Mün with loads of Science!™ and all of the sudden the cloud texture started to fill in from the bottom of the screen over the usual ground texture; panning down to view my landing site showed the "glowing blue ball of death" and when my capsule landed in the fields a few km south of KSC at 6.3 m/s, it exploded violently and the crew were all killed. So far as I can tell, no parts survived the impact. Prior to this occurence, I noticed the glowing blue ball effect visible from Münar orbit surround a very distant Laythe. This was using the low-res version, by the way.

Had some glitches today; I wish I'd taken screenshots. My crew was returning from the Mün with loads of Science!™ and all of the sudden the cloud texture started to fill in from the bottom of the screen over the usual ground texture; panning down to view my landing site showed the "glowing blue ball of death" and when my capsule landed in the fields a few km south of KSC at 6.3 m/s, it exploded violently and the crew were all killed. So far as I can tell, no parts survived the impact. Prior to this occurence, I noticed the glowing blue ball effect visible from Münar orbit surround a very distant Laythe. This was using the low-res version, by the way.

Unfortunately this is a bug in KSP. Sometimes the PQS system just dies and your craft will just sink. Happens with or without this mod.

Unfortunately this is a bug in KSP. Sometimes the PQS system just dies and your craft will just sink. Happens with or without this mod.

Well, in 14 months of KSP, it's a new one on me.

At any rate, it was a hell of crash; after restarting KSP and reloading my save, every single craft in my persistence file was gone along all my debris and tracked asteroids. Interestingly, the flags I'd previous planted were still there. All the crew assigned to each of them had gone MIA as well (and listed as such in the Astronaut Complex). As well, nearly every single part is missing from my game, both in the VAB and in the Tech Tree displays in the R&D Center. Wow.

Time to restore from a Time Machine backup and hope for the best.

rbray89, any chance of some documentation for the various GUI settings sir? Having a frustrating time experimenting with little success. Even just some 'tooltip' level documentation would be very helpful.

This is EVE. This is suppose to be a mod to enhance the vanilla game without deviating too far. My/your pack are meant to be more realistic. :P

Fair point.

Although I will add that the *buildings* in KSP (everything at the space center) are actually hyper-realistic, a departure from the not-quite-realsitic stuff in versions prior to .21. So this might fit right in.

So I think I'll release it in the morning, not today. I got a little ambitious with the auroras and some layers need tweaking (as you can see in first pic) and we're done here.

http://i.imgur.com/B5zyaOG.png

http://i.imgur.com/hMTwqm2.png

That looks so beautiful, but how in the world did you get them to work?

Being that I've been looking and using nothing but the ALT+N menu for a week now, I would like to know how you got the auroras to work on the night side.

now i know why i had those memory leaks and out-of-memory crashes last time.

it wasn't this mod, but mechjeb! i completely forgot, i updated MJ the same time as EVE, silly me....

well.. changed to the newest Dev DLL and it's working fine now! hooray :D

funny it only appeared on reentry when passing the clouds-layer though

wUF4VBx.png

The Continuous cloud/fog looks great, and with the light scattering :) Could you implement this into the clouds? I can't think of how one would get unique 3D clouds to spawn :/ how could a single 2D layer produce a 3rd dimension for clouds?

http://i.imgur.com/wUF4VBx.png

The Continuous cloud/fog looks great, and with the light scattering :) Could you implement this into the clouds? I can't think of how one would get unique 3D clouds to spawn :/ how could a single 2D layer produce a 3rd dimension for clouds?

The use case for this is for planet-wide fog/atmosphere. Think Jool and Eve. Maybe laythe, but less thick.