[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I use GIMP to change the black to alpha. Has to be RGB mode. Image->Mode->RGB then Colors->Color to Alpha.

I'm not sure about extending the atmospheric halo... I'll have to look into it.

Not sure about extending the atmosphere... It's so big relative to the planet, it would just look odd.

One other idea though- the Mun is currently a dull orb in the sky. Earth's Moon is all shiny. Perhaps fixing this could be a a thing for this mod?

Also, currently, city light colour is determined by the main texture. If it could be tweked, so that is more 60-40, or 70-30 (with main texture still dominant) I could add some variance in the roads and lights, and make things look a little awesomer.

This is my favorite mod and now I have clouds on all the Planet Factory planets as well.

The problem I'm running into now is the memory limit. My game crashes more often than a budget airliner.

I wondering if enough people are having this issue for there to justify a lite version of this program for all the stock and new planets?

What is your KSP setting and what is your PC system specs.

I don't have the newest gen. PC but it runs this with no problems. This latest version runs even better. Might be an in game setting to high or something.

This is my favorite mod and now I have clouds on all the Planet Factory planets as well.

The problem I'm running into now is the memory limit. My game crashes more often than a budget airliner.

I wondering if enough people are having this issue for there to justify a lite version of this program for all the stock and new planets?

I don't have the newest gen. PC but it runs this with no problems. This latest version runs even better. Might be an in game setting to high or something.

I'm the same way fairly new pc and the latest version accually uses less ram than the previous one. Also running it on Win8 just fine with all graphics details at max tho i've noticed the city lights have gotten alot less brighter ( might be my epilepsy since it makes me very light/bright sensitive but I've noticed a big difference there).

Can we please get an alternate version of Jool textures without a Great ____ Spot? To me, at least, that feature is so uniquely Jupiter that seeing it on any other gas giant is like plopping one of Earth's continents down on Kerbin.

I've been editing that entire belt of clouds out of the .pngs, but it's harder to isolate in the .tga.

EDIT: Also, IMO, the pngs looked better.

Rolling this back to the last version. I'll have to decide whether to keep updating.

Edited by Commander Zoom

That video was uploaded on September 3, which is five weeks before this was released in Alpha. What you're seeing there is simply Universe Replacer.

That may not have been valid, but it looks like Scott Manley has taken notice. His recent video description:

...to make things prettier I added a beautification mod that includes clouds and other new features.

Can we please get an alternate version of Jool textures without a Great ____ Spot? To me, at least, that feature is so uniquely Jupiter that seeing it on any other gas giant is like plopping one of Earth's continents down on Kerbin.

Agreed.

Also, this doesn't seem to be posted yet, so here:

It was shown off along with the planets mod.

Hey guys, just wanted to leave this here in case you guys were thinking of trying out this excellent new mod :D

dont forget to try the mods here:

Planets

Clouds and lights

Another video using it!

Also, it seems to be the old version of the detail texture in the download. The latest one is here, but it will need to be converted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xiq2kdoasa0sm9w/detail.png

Edited by Tw1

Thank you for a wonderful mod! Unfortunately, I've run into a regression between beta 3 and release 1, still present in release 2. When seen from space, the clouds have acquired a bunch of black marks, as (I hope) seen below:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This is on Linux with a Nvidia 560; everything worked fine for the betas.

I looked through the logs and didn't see anything, but in case they might be of use, they are available here. (The logs are from a run with the city lights dll removed; the clouds had the same appearance.)

http://pigsandtoasters.com/Player.log

http://pigsandtoasters.com/KSP.log

That's not (exactly) Africa, just like the bit above it isn't Europe. If you really want to push the point, I could probably edit up a texture that replaces that peninsula with actual Africa - the Sahara, the Nile Valley, the rift lakes, the Horn of Somalia and the Cape of Good Hope, everything. That, to me, is what putting the Great Spot on Jool is like (especially since, let's face it, that part of the cloud layer is blatantly taken from Jupiter).

Um, everyone? There are FOUR gas giant planets (okay, to be accurate, 2 gas giants and 2 ice giants) in our actual real solar system, and we've observed large persistent storms lasting months or even years on ALL of them. So it's not like Jupiter has a monopoly on that kind of thing. Granted, the Great Red Spot has been there for something like 400 years or so, as far as we know, but there's no reason to assume that that persistence is unique in the universe.

:)

I run the graphics pretty high at 1680x1050 with rendering and terrain set at maximum.

All the other settings are at default.

I also have reduced textured KW Rocketry, reduced textured Squad Parts, Kethane, KAS, Mechjeb, reduced textured NearFuture, WarpPlugin, RemoteTech2 Lite and SCANsat.

My Computer I think is pretty average:

i7-2600 @3.40GHz

12 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6670

I know I have a lot of mods, but a lot of people run their games this way.

Would reducing the default frame rate of 120 to 100 help any?

Does reducing anti aliasing, pixel light count and shadow cascades have a big impact?

Those are currently set at default. I do have some software that sets my computer into "Turbo Mode".

It kills about half the programs running in the background and It seemed to help a little in the pass when I was hitting the memory wall limit.

Thank you for a wonderful mod! Unfortunately, I've run into a regression between beta 3 and release 1, still present in release 2. When seen from space, the clouds have acquired a bunch of black marks, as (I hope) seen below:
Javascript is disabled. View full album

This is on Linux with a Nvidia 560; everything worked fine for the betas.

I looked through the logs and didn't see anything, but in case they might be of use, they are available here. (The logs are from a run with the city lights dll removed; the clouds had the same appearance.)

http://pigsandtoasters.com/Player.log

http://pigsandtoasters.com/KSP.log

I have been getting the same on Linux with a Nvidia 650 and release 1. If you look at the overlayed texture carefully, it is the bump map texture, which seems to be being drawn instead of being applied as a bump map. When I removed the bump map from the configuration file, the cloud texture showed up correctly. In addition all of the other cloud textures are visible with no problems, and these do not have bump maps.

Hi, cool mod, unfortunately I have a fix crash with it.

Here is the reproduction steps:

1. in sandbox mode make a simple rocket in the VAB

2. launch it and go up for a bit (10 sec enough)

3. REVERT TO LAUNCH

4. Hit esc again and to space centre.

5. klick on the VAB

6. BOOOMMMMM CTD

Anyone else can repo it or is it my system ?

TY

I have been getting the same on Linux with a Nvidia 650 and release 1. If you look at the overlayed texture carefully, it is the bump map texture, which seems to be being drawn instead of being applied as a bump map. When I removed the bump map from the configuration file, the cloud texture showed up correctly. In addition all of the other cloud textures are visible with no problems, and these do not have bump maps.

I see something similar with an NV GTX670 on Win7. It is definitely a regression in the appearance compared to Beta 3. I'll try removing the bump map texture as well to see if that clears it up for me, as well.

I see something similar with an NV GTX670 on Win7. It is definitely a regression in the appearance compared to Beta 3. I'll try removing the bump map texture as well to see if that clears it up for me, as well.

Linux must not like my shader... I will have to install a distro sometime and test. Are you using the propriatary drivers?

Hi, cool mod, unfortunately I have a fix crash with it.

Here is the reproduction steps:

1. in sandbox mode make a simple rocket in the VAB

2. launch it and go up for a bit (10 sec enough)

3. REVERT TO LAUNCH

4. Hit esc again and to space centre.

5. klick on the VAB

6. BOOOMMMMM CTD

Anyone else can repo it or is it my system ?

TY

while i didn't install the latest patch to this mod last night, i can confirm that the keystrokes above do the same for me. My oldest son is moving out today (YAY / cry) so i wont be gaming until Sunday to run any tests on the new patch nor make those crash files available....but i haven't forgotten...

Balu0: are you running win8 64-bit?