What kind of planet would you want in KSP?

What kind of planet would you want in KSP?  

1. 1. What kind of planet would you want in KSP?

• Terrestrial Planet (Like Earth or Venus)
    • Ice Giant (Like Neptune or Uranus)
    • Gas Giant (Like Jupiter or Saturn)
    • Exoplanet
    • Dwarf Planet (Like Pluto)

Mmmm, I'd like a Ice Giant in KSP. Preferably far out, away from Kerbol, Jool, and any new Gas Giants that (while not confirmed everone desperately wants :mad:) may or may not have ringlike features :wink: and also be filled with exotic moons (like retrograde orbiting ones, ones with really thick atmospheres, crazy eccentric tilted orbits, etc, sorta like the real ice giants in our Solar System), truly teh ultamit chalang for the Kerbal's conquest of space :D

Edited by (An Original Name)

I rather like the idea of planets which don't feature anything we'd recognize from our own solar system. For example, way back in the day, Nova proposed a planet that had massive peaks to its mountains which rose above the atmosphere (which would be nearly as thick as Eve's at sea level). He also suggested a planet that has a natural spin rate far faster than any other body in the game (to the point that a full "day" on this planet would be over in mere minutes).

I rather like the idea of planets which don't feature anything we'd recognize from our own solar system. For example, way back in the day, Nova proposed a planet that had massive peaks to its mountains which rose above the atmosphere (which would be nearly as thick as Eve's at sea level). He also suggested a planet that has a natural spin rate far faster than any other body in the game (to the point that a full "day" on this planet would be over in mere minutes).

See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinx_%28Known_Space%29

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesklin

An ice giant would be a cool sight, of course it better have some moons.

By the way, an Exoplanet is a planet wich is outside of our own solar system, so it's not actually a type of planet. Unless you mean something like a plasma planet or other such crazy/cool planet that doesn't exist in our solar system.

As far as the poll goes, ice giants. Love how smooth Uranus looks (insert crude comment here). But I'd prefer things that aren't included in the poll. A planet even closer to the Sun than Moho would be awesome, a truly hellish world, and whilst they aren't planets I'd love lots of random asteroids thrown about the place that don't have "gravity" per se, but you just rendezvous with them and float by them, there's no (or very little, like ultimately tiny) gravity simulated.

I would like to see an Ice Giant tilted like Uranus with rings and a system of moons.

Exactly this. I was coming here to say this.

Why no love for exoplanets… :(

I have no desire for them to add planets we can't get to, nor do I have any desire to time warp for days (real time) to get to a planet around another star.

I have no desire for them to add planets we can't get to, nor do I have any desire to time warp for days (real time) to get to a planet around another star.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that if they ever did add other systems, they'd add another level of timewarp to make it easy to reach them. And why are you so certain we can't fly to them? I've seen some spacecraft capable of touring the entire Kerbol system. I think it's pretty safe to say those monstrosities would have no problem burning to another system. :)

Little disappointed theres not the truely hellish world even closer to Kerbol choice. Maybe even big enough to have an atmosphere thats continually blown off into deep space :huh:

But after that, definitely an ice giant. With the most unique moon set yet. Retrogrades, axial tilts, reverse orbits, etc. Test how far the physics engine can go!

Little disappointed theres not the truely hellish world even closer to Kerbol choice. Maybe even big enough to have an atmosphere thats continually blown off into deep space :huh:

But after that, definitely an ice giant. With the most unique moon set yet. Retrogrades, axial tilts, reverse orbits, etc. Test how far the physics engine can go!

Moho used to be like that back in 1.7, I miss it :(

A planet even closer to the Sun than Moho would be awesome, a truly hellish world

afaik Devs plan to add one eventually, unless they scrapped the idea: what Moho used to be, but tidally locked with one side thats basically just lava ocean.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.