[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Could you update the version number on KerbalStuff? Right now it still reads as if it's for 1.0 when the forum post says it's 1.0.2 compatible.

I can't, the function is bugged.

EDIT: And it's been fixed, it should now appear correctly.

Hi

just a suggestion, could/would you set the default predeployment alt. from 30km = Burnd up chutes to 10 km = not burnt up chutes by default ?

Thanks

Solution: don't deploy 30km up.

Quick question: When I select the triple chute model on a part, do all 3 canopies count individually so that I have to input 3 in the 'number of parachutes used'-field?

It counts as one.

I guys, i'm have a question, where i can see how much drag can give me each chute? becuase i found formula, how to count it, but can it be add in chute info?

P.S. Is this formula correct?

http://www.aeroconsystems.com/chutes/drag_calculator.htm

Parachutes use the standrard quadratic drag formula, so yes, that's the right one. Though that will give you the force in Newtons and that means nothing on it's own.

Edited by stupid_chris

Not always an option if it's a discarded stage you want to recover with StageRecovery.

Second solution: create your own preset.

I'm saying this because by the look of things, there won't be any RealChute update for a while as 2.0 is in the works and it's a very large update. So you guys will have to d your own solutions.

I mean when i look chute info i got only square after full deploy, not how much drag it will be for, for get final speed of craft :)

That's because you're asking for something I can't give you. The drag caused by a parachute will depend on the speed the vessel it is going at, and I can't know how fast you will be going. The touchdown speed of your craft will depend on it's mass and which planet you are on. I can't just give you those numbers because I simply do not know them. As I told you, the drag formula will only give you a force in Newtons, and that means nothing to you. And then again, for this formula to work, I need to know how fast you are going.

However, there is a diameter solver included in the mod in the game. If you go to the action groups window and click on a parachute, a window will pop up and let you select your landing speed, target body, etc. If you press "Apply" at the bottom afterwards, it will take in all the parameters and scale the parachute accordingly so that your craft will land at the speed you want on the body you want for the vessel you currently have.

I've been trying my hardest to live without RealChutes in an effort to play a "stock" game. But I really miss being able to customize my landing speed. Stock chutes require manual trial and error to get your landing speed just right. I think I'm going to give in and pretend that Realchutes are stock.

If i understand correct, when i'm editing chute, i'm edit square of open chute, that change drug and change final speed. Can't open game for now, but as i remember it's ask me about mass of ship, planet, number of chutes and final speed that i want to get, it's correct?

If i understand correct, when i'm editing chute, i'm edit square of open chute, that change drug and change final speed. Can't open game for now, but as i remember it's ask me about mass of ship, planet, number of chutes and final speed that i want to get, it's correct?

Play with it. It's pretty self explanatory. Just in case though; if you want to play with area/drag/etc you can, but it can be as simple as specifying the planet and the touchdown speed and you are done.

I've been trying my hardest to live without RealChutes in an effort to play a "stock" game. But I really miss being able to customize my landing speed. Stock chutes require manual trial and error to get your landing speed just right. I think I'm going to give in and pretend that Realchutes are stock.

Good. Come to the dark side.

Again, I don't think you understand how RealChute works, and I don't think you understand that everything you could possibly need is already in the game. RealChute already goes the extra mile on nearly everything. You're obstinately asking for pointless information that I can't provide you and that won't make sense anyway.

Ok, can you say me how real chutes works? Because as i see from editor it uses similar formula that i linked + something extra, is it right?

P.S. How i can make two modes work together? Realchute and stage recovery?

Ok, can you say me how real chutes works? Because as i see from editor it uses similar formula that i linked + something extra, is it right?

Up until now, you've only been asked for things that are already included in RealChute, or things that I can't give you because it's simply impossible. Either you clearly define what you want and why, either you do with what is in the game.

All the chutes that are on discarded stages will need to be in a stage that doesn't get activated, ie. boosters separate on the second staging sequence, say S9, then place your chutes in a later stage, say S8-1. Stage Recovery counts the fact that there are actually chutes attached to your discarded stage not how the chutes are set up to deploy. So long as you have enough chutes to stop your discarded stages from hitting the ground too fast then SR will recovery them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.