[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

Hi dude,

First, thank for your great works !

I've noticed one bug with realchute icon in KSP. It doesn't appear. I'm French and i'm playing in french language. I thought that it comes with the lastest bug before this release. But, I'm not an idiot and I thought about : the developer will not release a new version with the same bug !

Indeed, it's not the same :) ! Just a bug language ! In English, this icon appears but when you take an other language, this icon seems hidden.

Have a nice day and thank a lot !

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 4:54 AM, Sadgeras said:

Hi dude,

First, thank for your great works !

I've noticed one bug with realchute icon in KSP. It doesn't appear. I'm French and i'm playing in french language. I thought that it comes with the lastest bug before this release. But, I'm not an idiot and I thought about : the developer will not release a new version with the same bug !

Indeed, it's not the same :) ! Just a bug language ! In English, this icon appears but when you take an other language, this icon seems hidden.

Have a nice day and thank a lot !

same thing for me...

9 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

In 1.6 I no longer get any real chutes at all. Category is no longer even there.

Well gosh, I wonder why that could be.

I mean it's not as if there's a compatibility checker running in the code that disables Real Chutes in the event of a KSP update.... :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, MikeO89 said:

I was just reporting on it boss.

Yes except that it's expected behavior.

So not only does it always happen after a major KSP update (literally the major version number incremented) but it's expected to happen. Real Chute is actually designed for that to happen. 

6 hours ago, tonimark said:

how about a 1.5.1 i still use this versions until all authors recompatible their mods to the latest versions 

Use the 1.5 update. You don't need one just for 1.5.1 since nothing changed in Squad's code that affects Real Chute.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thanks

Ok, I see that, but I also see "AnyDeployed"

Is there a difference between the two?

Not sure; functionally they both get checked at one time or another. There's also Many Deployed (if the module has more than one chute and more than one are deployed)

Might be better to go with AnyDeployed as it already has a list of all chutes that the module has and if they are deployed so you don't have to walk through everything yourself. (or ManyDeployed if for some reason you thought you wanted to know if it had multiples deployed)

Edited by Starwaster

7 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Not sure; functionally they both get checked at one time or another. There's also Many Deployed (if the module has more than one chute and more than one are deployed)

Might be better to go with AnyDeployed as it already has a list of all chutes that the module has and if they are deployed so you don't have to walk through everything yourself. (or ManyDeployed if for some reason you thought you wanted to know if it had multiples deployed)

Ok, thanks

I'm reviving/adopting a mod which needs to know if any parachutes are deployed.  It has code for RC, but was disabled.  I want to tenable it, and need to understand how it works.

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

hi guys, got a problem with my chutes not deploying. When i stage nothing happens. Also when i right click on parts there is no arm button. there is only auto-strut, aim camera & toggle info. in the toggle info window there is very little details and nothing to edit.

https://imgur.com/a/VVh8pna - in game image

i have done a couple of searches and cant find anything relating to the issue online. I'm sure its something I've installed wrong

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RG_XICs86uPKQzpkkGR6IoO9L87VjsOt/view?usp=sharing a link to the output log

as you can see from the log it is just spamming...  

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at RealChute.RealChuteModule.SetSafeToDeploy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RealChute.RealChuteModule.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

any help would be great thanks in advance

Edited by timewasted

20 minutes ago, timewasted said:

hi guys, got a problem with my chutes not deploying. When i stage nothing happens. Also when i right click on parts there is no arm button. there is only auto-strut, aim camera & toggle info. in the toggle info window there is very little details and nothing to edit.

https://imgur.com/a/VVh8pna - in game image

i have done a couple of searches and cant find anything relating to the issue online. I'm sure its something I've installed wrong

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RG_XICs86uPKQzpkkGR6IoO9L87VjsOt/view?usp=sharing a link to the output log

as you can see from the log it is just spamming...  

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at RealChute.RealChuteModule.SetSafeToDeploy () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RealChute.RealChuteModule.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

any help would be great thanks in advance

It's likely a certain known issue with KSP 1.6.0

so update to KSP 1.6.1

On 1/10/2019 at 7:11 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm reviving/adopting a mod which needs to know if any parachutes are deployed.  It has code for RC, but was disabled.  I want to tenable it, and need to understand how it works.

Sorry I didn't see this last week when you asked.  RPM and MAS both interact with RealChute thanks to an API made available a few years ago.  The MAS version of the code is mostly in this method: https://github.com/MOARdV/AvionicsSystems/blob/2f54ce042fc4a9b4ff8c057bc3de054b70fb6155/Source/MASIRealChute.cs#L342 (Feel free to PM me if it's unclear)

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

Sorry I didn't see this last week when you asked.  RPM and MAS both interact with RealChute thanks to an API made available a few years ago.  The MAS version of the code is mostly in this method: https://github.com/MOARdV/AvionicsSystems/blob/2f54ce042fc4a9b4ff8c057bc3de054b70fb6155/Source/MASIRealChute.cs#L342 (Feel free to PM me if it's unclear)

I forget where, but someone else did reply, and the mod is now working

Thanks