[1.12.X] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.8.3 | 24/01/21

stupid_chris

So it is NOT important as a setting in configfiles. It cannot be important, when it is ignored, can it?

I'd at least set it to match the case mass that you're going to have just on the grounds that I don't remember what part.mass default is, and it needs to have a positive value. Zero is right out (bad things do happen and it is used in drag calculations too)

Which of the two modules where it is defined? The case mass in the realchute module, that seems to be ignored or the case mass in the proceduralchute module, which is per size and is actually used?

I can understand there being a part mass setting that isn't used - probably parts must have that attribute for ksp to not throw up, even if the value is later overridden anyways. But why is case mass defined in two different modules?

I haven't put together any RC modules since Chris went to the new format so this is speculation.

Firstly, the procedural module is optional.

Second.... I don't know if you've looked at the source code at all, but everything that happens with case mass actually happens in RealChuteModule (that's actually where it's defined)(well, the important stuff happens there anyway, like adding case mass to chute mass then setting part.mass to the total). So if you also have a ProceduralChute, then case mass is overriding what was defined on the RealChuteModule.

If you don't explicitly specify caseMass on RealChuteModule then it defaults to 0.1 (that's what the default is defined as in the source)

I seem to be having a strange problem with RC.

the camera will constantly stop following the craft (or at least lag behind and move slower than the craft is) and I will be unable to center the camera on the craft I'm flying. similar to when the centre of mass bug would randomly shift. This shift would keep occouring every few seconds. I'm 100% sure its RC because I removed all other mods and the bug still happend. I removed RC and then it all works. I have already updated to the newest version of both KSP and RC. Is this issue known?

I am running KSP 64 on windows 7 64

edit: looking into this further, it most certainly is a center of mass issue. I can spin the craft around an imaginary CoM and exert massive gforces. what#s going on?

Edited by T.Lancer

the camera will constantly stop following the craft (or at least lag behind and move slower than the craft is) and I will be unable to center the camera on the craft I'm flying. similar to when the centre of mass bug would randomly shift. This shift would keep occouring every few seconds. I'm 100% sure its RC because I removed all other mods and the bug still happend. I removed RC and then it all works. I have already updated to the newest version of both KSP and RC. Is this issue known?

It's a known issue. The latest version fixes it. Update to the latest version- Delete the RC folder and any MM configs that kame with it you might have hidden away in other mods. Then extract the new version into your GameData. Don't replace anything. If you're asked to merge anything, you're doing it wrong. Place the folder with all the MM files in the RC folder.

edit: looking into this further, it most certainly is a center of mass issue. I can spin the craft around an imaginary CoM and exert massive gforces. what#s going on?

It's a known issue. The latest version fixes it. Update to the latest version- Delete the RC folder and any MM configs that kame with it you might have hidden away in other mods. Then extract the new version into your GameData. Don't replace anything. If you're asked to merge anything, you're doing it wrong. Place the folder with all the MM files in the RC folder.

And don't forget; that won't fix existing craft, you'll have to find some other way of getting them home.

And don't forget; that won't fix existing craft, you'll have to find some other way of getting them home.

Thot's not just craft already out and about. The newest version of RC is not backwards compatible with craft files made under the older versions.

Ah, grabbing the most-recent version of RealChutes does fix it. Whoops, I feel silly now.

Although, to be fair, I don't see any specific mention anywhere that a compatibility warning causes RealChute to disable itself. And, for instance, I'm getting a compatibility warning on NEAR still, and I can certainly confirm that THAT is working. Probably worth putting an explicit message about in an easy-to-spot location?

CompatibilityChecker throws this warning in the main menu:

"Some installed mods may be incompatible with this version of Kerbal Space Program. Features may be broken or disabled. Please check for updates to the listed mods."

-snip-

I don't have the time to reply to this now, but I can already tell you that you're overthinking things way too much right now.

Also, thank you BananaDealer and Starwaster for helping my users around when I'm not there :)

Thank you for this fantastic mod and for that hard work fighting it out with 0.24.x.

Just in case this is helpful, I noticed the version file had a minor typo in it that seems to be confusing AVC (with no ill effects, just reporting that the version is 0.0.0 instead of 1.2.2.) Notice the quotes around the patch increment.

{
"NAME": "RealChute",
"URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StupidChris/RealChute/master/Output/GameData/RealChute/RealChute.version",
"VERSION": {
"MAJOR": 1,
"MINOR": 2,
"PATCH": "2"
},
"KSP_VERSION": {
"MAJOR": 0,
"MINOR": 24,
"PATCH": 0
}
}

Here's one that seems to work, also has an additional 2 for the 1.2.2.2

{
"URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StupidChris/RealChute/master/Output/GameData/RealChute/RealChute.version",
"PATCH": 2,
"BUILD": 2
},
}
}

S it seems that in 24.2 my Realchutes aren't even registering as parachutes. Is there a hotfix out or anything? I have been using Realchute coupled with a mod that allows me to recover debris to keep my spaceship cost low, but now that Realchute is malfunctioning like this I have been having tremendous problems landing parts safely.

S it seems that in 24.2 my Realchutes aren't even registering as parachutes. Is there a hotfix out or anything? I have been using Realchute coupled with a mod that allows me to recover debris to keep my spaceship cost low, but now that Realchute is malfunctioning like this I have been having tremendous problems landing parts safely.

Are you using the latest version of RC?

I'm curious how you guys are having such issues. I'm using the latest version of Realcute and KSP x64 without issue.

My suggestions are to check your version and check your install. Also make sure you have the latest versions of the dependencies (Module Manager for example) as well as other mods you might have.

I'm getting crashes whenever I load a vessel.

[RealChute]: Could not find the canopy parachute model within library

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

[RealChute]: Could not find the case texture at the index [0] within library

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Crash!!!

I'm using the latest version on a brand-new save game, running the x64 Windows executable.

Edited by hujgup

Thank you for this fantastic mod and for that hard work fighting it out with 0.24.x.

Just in case this is helpful, I noticed the version file had a minor typo in it that seems to be confusing AVC (with no ill effects, just reporting that the version is 0.0.0 instead of 1.2.2.) Notice the quotes around the patch increment.

{
"PATCH": "2"
},
}
}

Here's one that seems to work, also has an additional 2 for the 1.2.2.2

{
"PATCH": 2,
"BUILD": 2
},
}
}

I've got at least four reports of this, fixed.

Please refer me the log which can help me in debugging.

KSP/KSP_Data/output_log.txt

Yes, I am. The version released on the 22nd.

Then I need your logs.

I'm getting crashes whenever I load a vessel.

Crash!!!

I'm using the latest version on a brand-new save game, running the x64 Windows executable.

Those are simple warnings, not errors. Most parts will trigger them. They can be safely ignored. Anyway, I need the full log guys, stop sending me snippets of it :/

yeah, that was the reason. worked after I rebuilt the rocket. had to use hyper edit to save my kerbal though.

@StupidChris - So...I know this is annoying but...When is the minPressure fix coming out? I know you've already fixed it (since it was I who opened the issue on GitHub, lol), but where is the new (hotfix) version or download? It's kind of annoying that 29779t.jpg<(my precious!) pressure-deployment presets are not working (in the preset sense)...

*Shamelessly puts pressure on Chris to release the fix sooner* :D

Edited by AlmightyR

Are there any plans on integrating ConnectedLivingSpace?

Would be nice to be able to move crew members through the radial chutes!

Uhm what.

@StupidChris - So...I know this is annoying but...When is the minPressure fix coming out? I know you've already fixed it (since it was I who opened the issue on GitHub, lol), but where is the new (hotfix) version or download? It's kind of annoying that http://i58.tinypic.com/29779t.jpg<(my precious!) pressure-deployment presets are not working (in the preset sense)...

*Shamelessly puts pressure on Chris to release the fix sooner* :D

A new hotfix is not coming out. Next time something is pushed it will be a full fledged update, the minPressure issue is far from being a gamebreaking, urgent problem. It's annoying, but it'll have to do for now.

I'm currently working on an update that will rework a bunch of things. I want to include as many things as possible that I didn't have the time to put into 1.2. It should be out later today or tomorrow unless some major issue appears.

Uhm what.

Huh, maybe to represent Kerbals stowing away inside the radial chute compartment before launch.

Then, when the chute is deployed, they are ejected via mortar to their screaming deaths!

A new hotfix is not coming out. Next time something is pushed it will be a full fledged update, the minPressure issue is far from being a gamebreaking, urgent problem. It's annoying, but it'll have to do for now.

I'm currently working on an update that will rework a bunch of things. I want to include as many things as possible that I didn't have the time to put into 1.2. It should be out later today or tomorrow unless some major issue appears.

Oh! I will gladly put up with such little inconvenience if such a big update is coming within the next few days!

If you fail to bring this update within a week tho, I'll be making you work on the salt mines when I dominate the world (SOONâ„¢)! *[still] shamelessly puts pressure on Chris to release the fix update sooner.* (JK)

Did you mean through the inline Stack 'chutes? That would make sense. Moving crew through the radial 'chutes ... doesn't.

Did you mean through the inline Stack 'chutes? That would make sense. Moving crew through the radial 'chutes ... doesn't.

You're right, that does make more sense. Which sadly means another bad RC idea of mine will never see the light of day :(

(hey, that could have worked!)

Alright guys, v1.2.3 is out :)

Changelog:

July 27th 2014
v1.2.3
-Implemented procedural cost for all RealChute parts based on canopy diameter and case size
-Refactored a lot of GUI labels to render more efficiently
-Fixed the nasty bug where parts with only a RealChuteModule would not animate
-Fixed bug where minPressure would not persist through scenes
-Tweaked case masses to make more sense, they were quite heavy in the past

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Cheers :)

Edited by stupid_chris
fixed changelog

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.