[WIP][TechTree @ 0.23.5] - [MS19e] - Realistic Progression LITE

MedievalNerd

Glad to see you back! And also glad things at your job have calmed down a bit. No apologies are needed, take your time! Also, check your PMs, I sent you a link to my RT2 cfg if you want to check it out/test it and make sure it'll work with your tree.

I'm having an issue with the new experiment system. It won't let me repeat an experiment even though the previous attempt was never turned in for the science reward. I was attempting the high orbit experiments with the cube, but forgot to put any means of getting the probe back on the ground into the design, so once I ran the sample experiment and realized that I needed to bring the thing back to the surface to get any benefit, I reverted, redesigned, and relaunched. Unfortunately, when I got the probe back in position and ran the experiments, none of them reported any science reward, including things like the thermometer and gravimeter, even though I'd turned none of them in for the science reward on the previous attempt. Some searching didn't seem to return any discussion about this as of yet, so I'm wondering if there is a way to reset the experiments so that failed attempts do not mean you're out of luck...

Strange set of circumstances there. I'll have to investigate this further, although this would technically be a stock bug I'm afraid. If it impacts all those other science instruments, they don't use my custom plugin... Very weird.

Can you write up a mock steps to reproduce just to make sure we redo it in the same manner you did?

#1 - Launch vessel with XYZ experiment.

#2 - Reach target zone/or not/ <insert the things you did>

Thanks!

Glad to see you back! And also glad things at your job have calmed down a bit. No apologies are needed, take your time! Also, check your PMs, I sent you a link to my RT2 cfg if you want to check it out/test it and make sure it'll work with your tree.

Yup! I saw that, many thanks my friend.

I'll review where I was at and the awesome sheets you shared this WE. :)

Cheers!

As another question to other players: where do you think the FASA Gemini & Mercury command pods should be placed in techtree?? I know they shouldnt be in the "start" node, but i'm unsure how "early" players should have access to them seeing as plane cockpits are space worthy and available very early.

Where should the Mercury/Gemini pods be placed in tech tree? before the Mk1 pod, maybe with plane cockpits or with the 1st rocket node? what node would be fitting?

Should the Gemini pod be placed in the same node than the MK1 pod?

And what about the ton of Russian pods/space station cores? (many of which are also KAS containers)

I ask as i have yet to notice this being discussed, unless i missed it. Also it just feels wrong to start with a manned pod, as much as it would to grab the plane cockpits for use in early manned space missions

Mercury & Gemini will be cloned, and named after their mission names. Their placement will be in accordance to their tech nodes in the new space exploration tree I'm building.

:)

I'm learning that there will be a new update to KSP 'soon'TM. I'm praying that they won't touch anything science related, or break anything RPL related... I also pray for my fellow brother & sister modders.

please...

I wanted to look into the config file for the treeloader to modify it to get access to the new StretchySRB tank names, because i just startet a career game and they are gone with the newest version.

But to my shame i couldn't find the file to edit. Can anyone point me to it please? :)

Greetings

Ben

I wanted to look into the config file for the treeloader to modify it to get access to the new StretchySRB tank names, because i just startet a career game and they are gone with the newest version.

But to my shame i couldn't find the file to edit. Can anyone point me to it please? :)

Greetings

Ben

I know not to use "Procedural Parts", the so called stretchy replacement, But if anyone knows how to get real fuels V5 and Stretchy SRB V9 working with RPL that would really be helpful, i think it has something to do with this:

from Stretchy SRB V9

Changelog

v9 =\/=

*Final pre-Procedural Parts release

*Moved RF tanks over to RF mod. Will no longer clutter partlist <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<***

*Deprecate non-superstretchy tanks (available to old craft but hidden in part list) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<***

Something with that maybe is messing with RPL? Anyone that knows the answer plz let us know

Edited by Guest

For anyone who is interested, here is cfg I made for RemoteTech2 to be used with RSS and RO. To use, simply put both cfgs in your Gamedata folder, and delete the AIES RT2 cfg if you have it.

Make sure you have the following settings in your RemoteTech_Settings.cfg:

ConsumptionMultiplier = 1

RangeMultiplier = 1

RangeModelType = Root

MultipleAntennaMultiplier = somewhere between 0.25 and 1. Experiment to see what works best for you.

I also suggest increasing your ground station omni range, but whether or not, and by how much is up to you.

If you add this to an existing save, you may find that some of your probes/satellites are no longer in range, or don't have enough power, so I recommend only using it on a new save.

Many thanks to NathanKell and RedAV8R for helping me put this together.

For anyone who is interested, here is cfg I made for RemoteTech2 to be used with RSS and RO. To use, simply put both cfgs in your Gamedata folder, and delete the AIES RT2 cfg if you have it.

Make sure you have the following settings in your RemoteTech_Settings.cfg:

ConsumptionMultiplier = 1

RangeMultiplier = 1

RangeModelType = Root

MultipleAntennaMultiplier = somewhere between 0.25 and 1. Experiment to see what works best for you.

I also suggest increasing your ground station omni range, but whether or not, and by how much is up to you.

If you add this to an existing save, you may find that some of your probes/satellites are no longer in range, or don't have enough power, so I recommend only using it on a new save.

Many thanks to NathanKell and RedAV8R for helping me put this together.

Is that a typo? as Medieval Nerd's tweak settings have:

ConsumptionMultiplier = 0.1

RangeMultiplier = 10

RangeModelType = Additive

NathanKell_MultipleAntennaSupport = True

Wouldnt this break all the non-AIES dish/antennas ranges/power rates?

I'm learning that there will be a new update to KSP 'soon'TM. I'm praying that they won't touch anything science related, or break anything RPL related... I also pray for my fellow brother & sister modders.

please...

3 of the real project mods were updated this week and you need to check out

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/70008-0-23-Advanced-Jet-Engine-%28AJE%29-v0-9-3-24-14

for real jets.

Is that a typo? as Medieval Nerd's tweak settings have:

ConsumptionMultiplier = 0.1

RangeMultiplier = 10

RangeModelType = Additive

NathanKell_MultipleAntennaSupport = True

Wouldnt this break all the non-AIES dish/antennas ranges/power rates?

Nope, my values are correct. The consumption multiplier and range multiplier settings were like that because RT2 is based off of the stock game. Since everything in RSS is 10x bigger and farther apart, you need the 10x range multiplier. What I've done is edited each antennas stats individually (Stock, RT2, and AIES) to reflect RSS values, so you no longer need those multipliers.

Also, the NathanKell_MultipleAntennaSupport is from an older cfg. It's now called MultipleAntennaMultiplier. Setting it to 0 just means that there is no multiple antenna support.

Again, these are recommended values, not mandatory. This cfg is also not mandatory, it's just based more on real-live numbers.

And like I said above, it doesn't break anything, because I've edited all of the antennas individually except for the FASA ones. For those, check out RedAV8R's FASA cfg.

Nope, my values are correct. The consumption multiplier and range multiplier settings were like that because RT2 is based off of the stock game. Since everything in RSS is 10x bigger and farther apart, you need the 10x range multiplier. What I've done is edited each antennas stats individually (Stock, RT2, and AIES) to reflect RSS values, so you no longer need those multipliers.

Also, the NathanKell_MultipleAntennaSupport is from an older cfg. It's now called MultipleAntennaMultiplier. Setting it to 0 just means that there is no multiple antenna support.

Again, these are recommended values, not mandatory. This cfg is also not mandatory, it's just based more on real-live numbers.

And like I said above, it doesn't break anything, because I've edited all of the antennas individually except for the FASA ones. For those, check out RedAV8R's FASA cfg.

awesome!! good work!

@Aazard the old non-superstretchies were deprecated in v9 of stretchy tanks. "category = -1" in their config means they're no longer available to use in new construction; but still function on old craft. I'm running into the same issue on my install. Quick and dirty fix is to un-deprecate 'em by changing each of the configs (for 0.5, 0.625, 1.25, etc up to the 5 meter) category from -1 back to Propulsion (re-enabling them in the VAB / SPH). Otherwise the tree.cfg (RPL's tech tree) needs to be changed to make the new stretchy tanks available earlier and changing / confirming location of the size unlocks in the tech.cfg in the stretchytanks install folder. The hiccup with that that I can see is I have no friggin' clue what the modifiers mean in the tech.cfg (they're multiples; but I don't know what base they're going off at all. (pre-emptive edit: Quick math tells me 2.5 meters is the base size (2.5*0.25 = 0.625 which conforms with the sizing available at the first node)).

Going to run some quick tests of my own here to confirm this functions correctly. Changing the Tech.cfg (to allow any size from the start [changing all values from their decimal to 100]) and Tree.cfg (to make sure the stretchy tanks are available also).

Shad0wCatcher: Did you solve the problem with stretchies not appearing reasonably in the techtree by editing the configs? If you did I'm curious to see what you did. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I didn't notice until now that you wrote exactly what you did.

Edited by ThorBeorn

Shad0wCatcher: Did you solve the problem with stretchies not appearing reasonably in the techtree by editing the configs? If you did I'm curious to see what you did. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I didn't notice until now that you wrote exactly what you did.

Any chance of drop boxing the cfg file for me to look over/try? I have been having odd issues with the new Stretchy SRB/Real Fuels versions not liking it when i install them. Thanks

I first tried Shad0wCatchers "crude" verison, which works, but the part catalog gets cluttered with parts à Stretchy SRB's 8.1. To achieve this change "category = -1" to "category = Propulsion" in the configs for all the sizes.

Right now I'm about to revert that and just test with "start = 1000" in the tech.cfg in the stretchy srb folder.

^^ Same issue, any ideas?

I just tried what I said earlier and it works. Both for conic and cylindrical tanks. In fact NathanKell mentioned it in one of his threads yesterday I think. Change category back to "-1" (to unclutter your part list) and open tech.cfg in the StretchyTanks/Parts folder.

Set "Start = 1000". I think it is set to 1 or 0.1 or something. This unlocks all sizes for both conic and cylindrical tanks.

Is there any reason the P4 engine is in the 'things that don't work' tech? I just used it a few times without issue. Running RO, Realfuels, RftS config, etc. Install has been stable since start of campaign, and I've made it to Tech 4 Rocketry, so I think the install is right.

seems to work with amo28's real earth biomes from page 200 of rss thread

Here's the latest revision that will work with Custom Biomes 1.5. The only difference is adding a '1.0' to the top of the .ATT file to enable ExactMatch. Link

i found the FASA RO fix files from RO thread, i now have part collision explosion between probe cores and mercury pod (like putting a stayputnik on the top of it or an explorer probe on the side of pod as early gieger counter). anyone else had this happen? the issue only occurs when a kerbal EVA's then re-boards pod.

Also the RSS mod bundler is there a way to create a RPL .bat file for it? would i just use the bundler to select all the mods used in RPL, then apply RO fix files from that (manually?)?

If someone knows how to create a manifest for RPL,we could use it as a great time saver. If not possible, i will host all the needed/suggested mod files via dropbox (to their current versions used the current RPL build) with the RO fixes already configured with things like RedAV8R's patches and others listed in RO thread. It would be useful to have someone else look over the files to ensure everything is correct to the RPL MS18 standard

I have had a few "issues" lately getting my RPL install all neatly setup with the newer versions of some mods and adding RO fixes. My current install "works" but has some part collision issues and various other small hiccups making starting me "new RPL build" save a real pain. Please let me know if you are willing to help me with this (or to dropbox link me a "perfectly" configured install of RPL MS18 with all the RO fixes, just the GameData and Parts folders are needed i think), my install seems cooked, and my brain is shutting down from all the setup issues.

>>UPDATE:<<

Full KSP wipe and reinstall, using ECLSS this time, still have issues with probe cores on top of mercury pod (tried Explorer, M38 unmanned, Statputniks and QBE's) causing odd super flip up high and fast (100m/s+) collision explosion after entering pod from EVA. A parachute or stretchy tank doesn't cause this though, any thoughts everything else seems fine, just EVA pod reentries and probe cores on mercury pod (didnt have mk1 pod unlocked on new save to test it)

If i dont EVA its fine, whats causing this... i have no idea, really i'm stumped

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.