[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

okay I give up, I use 4.2.2 on kerbal 0.24.2 and I have no clue how to build a ship, I attached a workshop to the landing pad2 and 2 hitchhiker containers the kerbal workshop from the command module tab has no place for kerbals, and no matter how many I atttach or how many kerbals I add they wont build anything in days, what am I doing wrong? Q_Q is it the progressive build thing I clicked at the start of the campaign? T_T the workshop says it has a crew capacity of 0 , if it helps it IS able to convert metal to ship parts :<

the more complex the ship the longer it takes.if u realy dont want to wait u can always turn off progressive builds

the more complex the ship the longer it takes.if u realy dont want to wait u can always turn off progressive builds

no no i mean i put uü a small forge thingx for 600 parts to check what was wrong and even with 2 kerbals in the pad a workshop and 8 0 stupidity kerbals in the passenger pot module nothing in 2 weeks ingame time not even a half percent ;_;

J&A Show: it has been deprecated. If you still want it, edit ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/launchpad/part.cfg and change the category from none to Structural. However, be warned that it will go away completely in a few versions.

I have released version 4.2.3 of Extraplanetary Launchpads. Links etc in the first post.

Not a lot of changes, but...

• Update for 0.24.2
  • Compile against KSPAPIExtensions 1.7.0
  • The ancient DebugPad field is now completely gone (it has been ignored for several versions now).

I have plenty of plans for the near future, but I figured it best to get a working EL out ASAP :).

J&A Show: I actually don't remember why I deprecated that one, other than I thought nobody ever used it, but don't worry, I will not remove it until I have a solution in place (which should be soonish, actually, and I think it will make many happy).

In 0.23.x EPL worked just fine for me. But now in 0.24 I have the exact same problem I had in 0.22. Nothing works!

screenshot8.png

I've got crew in both the cupola and workshop and productivity is around 4.

I've got Ore in the ore container.

I've got plenty of power and the smelter is fully activated.

Why is the smelter not producing metal?

Same thing goes for the workshop. When I put some metal in the metal container and activate the workshop no rocketparts are produced.

P.S.

This mod really could use some better models.

You need to get the patched Kethane. Look in the last several pages of the Kethane thread for 0.8.8.1

Already had Kethane installed. I just updated it and will give it a try.

Edit: It worked. You've just saved my interplanetary plans.

Edited by Tex_NL

Hello all,

Quick question, I can't seem to get any of the converters to work. I have tried installing Kethane, the buttons would show up but when pressed (even when crewed and have plenty of EC) nothing would happen. I also have Karbonite installed so I figured I would try the MM cfg to make it use Karbonite, and the buttons are gone. Any ideas on how to fix this.

Note: I just updated everything prior to posting this and still no luck

Hello all,

Quick question, I can't seem to get any of the converters to work. I have tried installing Kethane, the buttons would show up but when pressed (even when crewed and have plenty of EC) nothing would happen. I also have Karbonite installed so I figured I would try the MM cfg to make it use Karbonite, and the buttons are gone. Any ideas on how to fix this.

Note: I just updated everything prior to posting this and still no luck

Sounds like you didn't get the unofficial update to Kethane. Search the last several pages of the Kethane thread for 0.8.8.1.

Clearly I was not the only one with this very same problem. :wink:

It might be a good idea to actively inform people of this issue and its solution. The first post, next to all other information vital to this mod perhaps?

I think akman might be asking for an Open Resource System version of EL. If I recall correctly, USI Kolonization uses metal and ore with ORS, with a few tweaks one can probably make the two work together.

I could be wrong though.

I think akman might be asking for an Open Resource System version of EL. If I recall correctly, USI Kolonization uses metal and ore with ORS, with a few tweaks one can probably make the two work together.

I could be wrong though.

It wouldn't be hard to convert scanners and storage over to ORS. You could use MM configs for that. It would be a bit harder to change over the converters, since there's no generic resource converter in ORS. There is one included in TAC Life Support, if you're willing to include that mod in your installation. (This is how MKS handles resource conversion.) It wouldn't be that hard to create an ORS fork that includes the TAC Generic Converter; and the licenses do permit it. Hmmm.. I may take this on; an ORS version of EL.

EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't go far enough upthread; folks are already working on it.

Edited by Mr Shifty

Just a question about the cost balancing. I remember you saying something about how the parts were priced based on their effective value or real world equivalents or something. But I still think some parts are way over-priced. For example, the workshop part costs 750000 funds which struck me as over-priced from most playability standpoints. And comparing it to the hitchhiker pod (including the productivity factor and reduced crew capacity) I calculate I should be able to get equivalent performance for 125000 funds (roughly 31 full pods). This still seems a bit high, but much more reasonable.

I'm not saying to necessarily change it, but I'm just wondering if there was a reason for it before I go and adjust it on my own. Thanks!

Do you have any idea how much precision equipment costs? The price goes through the roof the bigger the item gets.

Also, 750k is peanuts when you consider that you need to buy at most one, if that. And then when you consider what you can do with that one workshop :)

Also, if you look carefully, you should notice that the rocket builder (tower thing in Pods) is the same price/ton, and it has no workshop module, though in retrospect either it should have been cheaper or the workshop maybe more expensive.

EL's parts are very expensive because of what they enable in the game: financial independence.

Huh, great mod, absolutely loving it, chucked down a launchpad at Inland KSC (just because), but my smelters are not smelting. They have power, do they need fuel? Or Kethane? Also, the Launchpad 1 is not showing up, I only have the launchpad 2. Could anyone help please?

On that note of a MM config , i wrote a quick one that lets you use the ExWorkshop to convert Metal--> Rocketparts, this uses the Converter from Karbonite, if someone is useing that instead of Kethane.

FYI, you use the same input values for both Workshop and Rocketbuilder. The Rocketbuilder is more efficient; should have ElectricCharge rate=3 and Metal rate=0.1. And, I'm not sure if it's changed in a more recent release, but Karbonite now uses the more generic USI_ResourceConverter instead of KarboniteResourceConverter.

Also, to do full Karbonite/ORS conversion, you'd need to add MM configs to convert the smelters to USI_ResourceConverter, the augers to ORSModuleResourceExtraction, and the OMD to ORSResourceScanner. You'd also need to provide maps to allocate ORS Ore planetary resources. (You could probably grab these from the MKS installation in GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/ORS, license permitting.)