[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Yeah, something is definitely messed up with the 4.2.2 download. WinRAR spits out an error when trying to unzip it:

*REDACTED*\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Extraplanetary_Launchpads_v4.2.2.zip: Unexpected end of archive

I'm still able to extract the contents but am concerned that it may not include everything that it should. I'd recommend avoiding this version until we can get a repacked zip.

Would you be able to add some MM config options to make sure this and TweakableEverything get along? Using TE, the pods have absolutely bonkers SAS values because it's being modified by this after it does what it does, as opposed to the other way around. Could you make a config option to ensure EL always loads before TE?

So if Kethane is installed then you absolutely have to fill it up?

The idea with Kethane was that you should always have to "fill it up", but with Kethane not present, that becomes more difficult, so resource usage was made optional. However, such behavior is inappropriate for an economy based career mode.

Would you be able to add some MM config options to make sure this and TweakableEverything get along? Using TE, the pods have absolutely bonkers SAS values because it's being modified by this after it does what it does, as opposed to the other way around. Could you make a config option to ensure EL always loads before TE?

That makes no sense. EL does not touch anything to do with SAS. All EL does is add a workshop module. There is the vague possibility the workshop module is throwing an exception: check your output_log.txt.

So building with no resources required absolutely requires the uninstalling of Kethane and playing in sandbox mode?

edit: if so, is there a specific trigger file or something in Kethane that I can change to a different type to disable it?

why would u want to build without resouces if u in carrer. if u disable the progressive builds it builds int instantly isnt that enough of a cheat for u.

I'm playing in sandbox. Also, Kethane adds enough difficulty already. You jerk.

(that "You jerk." was supposed to be in jest...)

Edited by Tangle

not gonna get in a argument with u tangle since since u taking what i posted compltely out of context. looked at the files there no way to do what u want but to ship already filled containers there to be used. u dont have to mine the stuff. think if u use modular fuel tanks and have some settings right u can fill kethane and ore tanks when u design the ship. also most if u look at the resouce .cfg if u set that resouce to tweakable u can fill it in when u design the ship.

Tangle: First, callilng people jerks is inappropriate. Second, yes, you have to uninstall Kethane to get "free" building. It has been that way for a long time. In fact, before I took over the project, even without Kethane installed, resources were required (there was a debug setting, but it's long gone).

It's not really all that difficult. Scan for both Kethane and Ore (can be done with the same appropriately designed ship). If you're lucky, you might get overlapping deposits. If not, land on an ore deposit and ship in kethane or fuel (a lot lighter than ore or metal).

The only change I made to that recently is to remove the option from career mode; science mode and sandbox are untouched.

[edit]Extraplanetary Launchpads is about making it possible to build ships away from KSC, not about making it easy to do so.

Edited by taniwha

If any rule breaking is taking place, please report it instead of commenting; it really helps us moderators handle things.

Otherwise, there is no reason for being hostile and using language with an intent to disparage, slander, or hurt another one of our fellow posters. Remember, we are here to discuss topics, not people. Futhermore, it is against the rules.

Okay fellas, let's get back on topic.

That makes no sense. EL does not touch anything to do with SAS. All EL does is add a workshop module. There is the vague possibility the workshop module is throwing an exception: check your output_log.txt.

I honestly just got sent over here by him since he wasn't quite sure what was happening either, but he said that EL and TE weren't playing well. And it wasn't to do with SAS specifically, it was something about two MM config files competing adding a module, since EL adds the workshop and TE technically adds tweakable SAS. Anyways, here's the output log, I did a quick search and there's copious NRE's at line 64k ish. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74775048/output%20logs/output_log.txt

okay, erm. I have a question about the license on this. I am thinking of maybe adjusting the resource modules to work with MKS/OKS without the need for kethane. I was wondering if I'm allowed to put my modified files online? (Giving full credit, of course.) I'm fairly new to this, and didn't exactly find anything when looking for the license this runs under.

I honestly just got sent over here by him since he wasn't quite sure what was happening either, but he said that EL and TE weren't playing well. And it wasn't to do with SAS specifically, it was something about two MM config files competing adding a module, since EL adds the workshop and TE technically adds tweakable SAS. Anyways, here's the output log, I did a quick search and there's copious NRE's at line 64k ish. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74775048/output%20logs/output_log.txt

It seems your problem is a little deeper: tweak scale isn't loading in the first place.

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'IR_TweakScale': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Additional information about this exception:
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TweakScale.RescalableRegistratorAddon' from assembly 'Scale, Version=1.22.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TweakScale.RescalableRegistratorAddon' from assembly 'Scale, Version=1.22.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TweakScale.IRescalable' from assembly 'Scale, Version=1.22.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I believe this is caused by KSPAPIExtensions (I've had the same thing when I tried just replacing TS's KAE dll). Not only do you need to ensure all copies of KAE are the same version, but all mods using KAE need to be compiled against that same version (yes, this rather defeats the purpose of KAE). I am working on a fix for that, but have no ETA.

When looking for exceptions, search for Exception, not Null. There are a lot more problems to be had than just the lowly NRE :)

Is there a way to turn taking 4000 days for a 1-ton build off after starting the save? I turned on progressive builds without actually knowing what it was.

Edit: Found it- toggle is inside the save file in a place I should have looked.

Edited by Tangle

Since 2.4.1 my workshops, etc. can't build rocketparts. None of them. The debug window spits out

[Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.GetConnectedResources'.

Anyone else have this problem?

Was working fine in 2.4

I believe this is caused by KSPAPIExtensions (I've had the same thing when I tried just replacing TS's KAE dll). Not only do you need to ensure all copies of KAE are the same version, but all mods using KAE need to be compiled against that same version (yes, this rather defeats the purpose of KAE). I am working on a fix for that, but have no ETA.

OK, thanks, I was just wondering. The issue only happens when I load up the VAB first-time anyways, so I can just work around it.

Since 2.4.1 my workshops, etc. can't build rocketparts. None of them. The debug window spits out

[Exception]: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Part.GetConnectedResources'.

Anyone else have this problem?

Was working fine in 2.4

I have yet to release an update for 0.24.1. Even if 0.24.1 was out this morning, I had no time before work, and I've only just gotten home. Then there's the problem of Kethane needing to be updated, too, and Majiir seems to be busy with other stuff.

[edit]Just checked, and yes, that's a Kethane issue.