[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

I'm using ksp 0.23 for compatibility with other mods. There doesn't seem to be a download for a version which is compatible with 0.23. Can someone give me the last download for 0.23, the one before 0.23.5 please.

manni01: Same url, but change the version in the file name from 4.1.2 to 4.0.3 (and really, what mods aren't updated yet?)

thanks, that works (mods like remote tech haven't been updated, and there are other small mods that don't work with 0.23.5)

finally got it to work, any downloads I can have that doesn`t use the ore or ketane fuel? I just want it to spawn my ships on another planet , as right now all pads wants to use ore and fuel, so I uninstalled it for now. let me know if that exist, I tried to look at editing the part file, no luck.

If you don't want it to use ore and fuel, then don't have Kethane installed, and make sure resource usage is not forced. With Kethane installed, resource usage is required. That's just part of the game.

thanks, that works (mods like remote tech haven't been updated, and there are other small mods that don't work with 0.23.5)

This is true but RemoteTech has major game crashing problems that need fixing. You might as well drop it and pick it up later.

Is there a problem with the Recycling Bin currently?

awiK95e.png

B92PY9X.png

I've had this scrapping ship in orbit for quite a while, and for the longest time it's effectively recycled debris back into useful RocketParts using the Extraplanetary Launchpads Large Recycling Bin on the front.

But lately, when I use it on debris (or emptied fuel tankers, like the one shown above), I don't get anything from the debris- sometimes not even whatever fuel was left in it; making it about as useful as a cheesecake table stocked by an expert pastry chef at a Fat Camp...

Any idea what might be going on?

Regards,

Northstar

Is there a problem with the Recycling Bin currently?

I've had this scrapping ship in orbit for quite a while, and for the longest time it's effectively recycled debris back into useful RocketParts using the Extraplanetary Launchpads Large Recycling Bin on the front.

But lately, when I use it on debris (or emptied fuel tankers, like the one shown above), I don't get anything from the debris- sometimes not even whatever fuel was left in it; making it about as useful as a cheesecake table stocked by an expert pastry chef at a Fat Camp...

Any idea what might be going on?

Version 4 makes many, many changes to Extraplanetary Launchpads (hence the new number). One of those changes is that recycling bins now produce metal, not rocket parts. The metal can be converted back into rocket parts using the workshop, which is highly recommended for building new ships anyway.

Depending on what storage parts you're using, you could go into your save file and retcon the rocket parts containers into the corresponding metal containers. That's what I did with my own salvage ship when I upgraded to version 4, and it works fine.

This is my first real opportunity to try EL out, and I'm running the 4.1.2 release. I have an orbital dock and what appears to be 4000 units of parts in a storage bin attached. The UI shows me a blue bar with "0%", the button at the bottom says "Pause Build", suggesting the dock is "working on it", the box just to the right of the blue bar says "1020" in illuminated green, and "4000" in white to the right of that. If I'm interpreting this correctly, the dock should right now be constructing the module I've told it to. It's not giving me any error messages, like "not enough of something". It's just sitting there.

For reference, I'm also using the "Asteroid Cities 0.3.1" mod, which means these components are attached to an asteroid, and I'm trying to suck the life out of one. Obviously I'm missing something, but I'm unsure of what it is. Any suggestions as to why the dock doesn't want to spit out my module?

If it isn't manned, it will not build anything. You need to have at least one kerbal on board. They need a low stupidity rating too (less than half).

Ahh, that might be the issue. I only have MechJeb running.

So I need to Kerbalize the asteroid. Thanks!

Sounds like you haven't got enough not-too-stupid kerbals on board. If you have got kerbals and they're not too stupid, then you don't have anything acting as a workshop. Try right-clicking on a command pod: if you don't get Vessel Productivity, then you don't have Module Manager installed. If you do, then it's probably negative (too many stupid kerbals). Your best bet is to fly up a workshop (big blue part in utlities) full of reasonable kerbals and dock it to your station.

[edit]bah, took too long to reply :P

Edited by taniwha

I'm a happy camper tonight.

My asteroid crew completed the first construction project at the asteroid -- an expanding parts container with MJ and RCS modules, and large docking ports at each end. The workshop is performing well, and the construction dock gets the job done, if a bit slowly.

Next up is a fuel processing module, and storage containers.

The general plan is to "asteroid hop" instead of trying to launch rockets from Kerbin every time. I watch for "Class-E" asteroids and track them whenever they show up. No sense trying to suck out resources on anything smaller.

The current dock is fine as a starter module, but is it possible a "faster" dock could be developed? (Yes, I'm sure I could tweak the cfg file, but I'm thinking about a new part...) For career mode, it might require having other "new" technology before it gets opened up, but speed and efficiency improvements would be nice.

Big issue to report, however. I think my asteroid is "flirtin' with disaster" physics-wise. It started to do a dance when I brought the crew up, and I was afraid some of the attached ships might start blowing up for no good reason. Going into warp briefly cleared it up, but sometimes when I'm dropping out of warp, some of the parts start rocking. This may just be a game issue, but I thought I should give you a "heads-up" if it hasn't already been mentioned.

My "prime crew" are the guineas for this sandbox. It keeps them where they're most useful...

Many thanks, taniwha!

Edited by BARCLONE

Sorry if this problem has been solved and I am aksing for the upteenth time, but I just dont have the paticence to deal with sorting through 120 pages.

Basically if i use some parts from the soviet pack - proton / soyuz stuff, I dont know which one specificaly, my rocket spawns on the Lauch pad , and slowly drifts away.If I start the engines then my surface v does not change and my orbita lv stays at 0. I got no idea what's going on. The ship behaves normaly - does not explod an so on. Kerbal Engineer says my Ap is -600 000 and Periaps is 600 000. Am I docked with the planet? Please help?

Currently not. I might include a hack fix so you can get them out, but you won't be able to get them back in.

Did anything come of this? I've planned my entire colonisation effort on the basis that I'd be able to get my Kerbals out of the Launchpad2 to man the rovers I built. I don't care if I can't get them back in, I just need to get them out!!!

This sounds like a bug. Time warp should (and, on my install, does) affect build rate.

i think i will re-install EL, see if it fixes this bug.

Progressive builds take time, but you can keep feeding them resources to build the rocket so if your rocket take 10k rocket parts, you don't need 10k parts on hand.

Not allowing progressive builds means your craft will be built immediately but you need all 10k parts available at the time of building.

hey thanks. I had no idea.