[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

Oh, right, I forgot one thing about the docking port sr: it has no reference node for where to place the vessel (worse, if you've specified one via SpawnTransform, EL won't find it and bad things will happen), so EL uses the part's local orgin... which is inside the sr. Your average ship will spawn clipped into the sr and we all can guess what kind of news that spells :).

You need to set SpawnHeightOffset (and not set SpawnTransform) in the ExLaunchPad MODULE node. I don't remember the exact value for a sr, but I think even 0.5 will put the lowest point of the spawned vessel above the sr.

I figured a stockish look was why you were fiddling with a dockotron sr as an orbital dock :).

Yep...and I thought the docking port sr. made the best one without having to meddle with anything but configs! Hah. I'm good at changing numbers...wouldn't even know where to start with creating a model :o thanks for the help, and thanks for keeping up a great mod!

It sounds like you do not have Kethane installed. You need Kethane to be installed for any of the resource converters to work (bins and pads work with supplied rocket parts, though).

It sounds like you do not have Kethane installed. You need Kethane to be installed for any of the resource converters to work (bins and pads work with supplied rocket parts, though).

Ah yep, that seems to be the problem. Thanks for the help!

Quick question - under what circumstances will two workshops produce things faster than one? I have two workshops with 10 kerbals each in a station (attached at opposite ends of it), and only one of the workshops lists any productivity (and it's equal to vessel productivity). Builds take an absolutely insanely long time, and my Kerbals aren't THAT dumb. How do I use multiple workshops at once?

I've got two problems with this mod and was hoping someone might be able to help me out.

1) When I try to add the smelters onto a ship, they don't seem to attach correctly. They're semi-translucent kind of like a deactivated part. They'll snap to some connection nodes and let me 'place' them but even while they're attached, they're still translucent. Nothing is blocking their way or anything like that. When I launch the craft, they're not there.

2) Nothing builds. I made a test craft with a rocketparts module, the small gas station type launch pad, the huge unfolding launchpad, and the orbital platform all attached to the craft. It's got plenty of energy, it's got workers in the launchpad, and it's got far more than enough rocketparts than it needs. But I tell it what to build, click build, and nothing happens. No progress on the bar. I speed up time, still no progress. None of the modules build anything, so clearly I'm missing something, but cannot for the life of me figure out what.

Shiv: The smelters will be fixed in the next release, but in the meantime, open up ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Parts/smelter/part.cfg and replace the three nodes of each smelter with the following:

node_stack_dorsal = -1.52104, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_top = 0.0, 4.98617, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -5.03150, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

[edit]Actually, for the two smaller smelters, change the last number of each line from 2 to 1

Thinking about it, I might add a ventral node too, but I need to check its exact location first and do some testing.

As for not building: right click on a command pod (includes the "small gas station type launch pad") and check your vessel productivity: if it's zero or negative, your kerbals are too stupid and are busy playing minesweeper instead of working.

[edit]Actually, for the two smaller smelters, change the last number of each lin

Edited by taniwha

Ah, finally a use for the stupidity stat. So I got something built, but it seems to have become a part of the current build (in this case, a test item on the Kerbin launchpad). Like, they're considered one craft instead of two. In this case, it's a rover and whenever I press forward (not switching over to the rover but rather still centered on the construction platform craft), it spins the wheels on the rover. Is this working as intended?

Edited by Shiv

Suggestion:

What are the odds you can make this compatible with Tweakscale so that you can reduce the number of redundant parts that come in different sizes?

Here, I made this:

@PART[HexCanMetal] // Metal Hexcan
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = surface
}
}

@PART[HexCanOre] // Ore Hexcan
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = surface
}
}

@PART[Rocketparts7x] // 7x RocketParts Hexcan
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = surface
}
}

@PART[HexCanRocketParts] // RocketParts Hexcan
{
MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = surface
}
}

Delete the Huge, Large and Small versions of the hexcans as this targets the normal size ones. I don't think there are any other parts that are resizes? I could be wrong though. If I am, please correct me.

Here, I made this:

Delete the Huge, Large and Small versions of the hexcans as this targets the normal size ones. I don't think there are any other parts that are resizes? I could be wrong though. If I am, please correct me.

You are a rock star. Thank you very much!

Edit: There are also the spherical tanks, but not sure what the TweakScale would do to to them in terms of volume so I left them alone.

Edit2: Removed outdated link.

Edited by Smurfalot

There are also the spherical tanks, but not sure what the TweakScale would do to to them in terms of volume so I left them alone.

I originally had the spherical tanks in there but, as I don't have Tals mod installed, I didn't know if they'd be surface, stack or free or whatever, so I removed it. You could give it a try, see which one fits best for it :)

I originally had the spherical tanks in there but, as I don't have Tals mod installed, I didn't know if they'd be surface, stack or free or whatever, so I removed it. You could give it a try, see which one fits best for it :)

Actually, just finished adding the new CFG and removing the redundant parts, for some reason they are not Tweaking.

Edit: No worries, I will figure it out. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Smurfalot

Hmm... from memory, the syntax was a straight copypaste from existing TweakScale code.. Try adding :Final to end of each @PART[XXXXXXX] (so it reads "@PART[XXXXXXX]:Final"), see if that helps - it will force it to run after everything is loaded so if it's still not working, then something deeper is happening and I'm out of my depth.

Hmm... from memory, the syntax was a straight copypaste from existing TweakScale code.. Try adding :Final to end of each @PART[XXXXXXX] (so it reads "@PART[XXXXXXX]:Final"), see if that helps - it will force it to run after everything is loaded so if it's still not working, then something deeper is happening and I'm out of my depth.

No worries, I managed to tinker with the code you provided get it to display all 4 sizes (Small,Regular,Large and Huge) and added the Aeon Storage tanks. Here is the link to the new Tweak config.

Also it looks like he depreciated the spherical tanks, but kept them in the package to avoid breaking saved games using the old models, so no need to tweak those.

Thanks a bunch for the inspiration to mess with Tweakscale.

Edited by Smurfalot

Before I download this, is there a mode to make this costless so it won't cost me anything to construct stuff?

What I mean is I want to just drop a runway or launchpad wherever I want and put a rocket there for no cost.

HyperEdit will do that.

Before I download this, is there a mode to make this costless so it won't cost me anything to construct stuff?

What I mean is I want to just drop a runway or launchpad wherever I want and put a rocket there for no cost.

No, it will always require at the minimum RocketParts.

Also, I may be wrong on this, you will need the fuel and EC that the ship being built requires.

No, it will always require at the minimum RocketParts.

Also, I may be wrong on this, you will need the fuel and EC that the ship being built requires.

Yes, you do need fuel on hand or you've got an empty ship.

Already knew all of that, I was just wondering if I could change it to remove that requirement.

... It's fairly balanced at the mo, other than making galactic conquests a reality why change that? If you use it in the new base cost mode then you will find it is ever so much "easier" but this mod adds challenge right?