[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

I ordered a Kerbal into the Workshop in the VAB, but now that I'm in orbit I notice that I can't see his face in the corner, nor can I get access to him through the Workshop's right-click menu. What happened to the little guy? How can I get to him?

mockingking: right-click menu? Are you using a mod for that? (it's not stock).

Anway, wave your mouse over and around the hatch until you get a tool-tip. Then click and you can access your kerbal. The workshop currently has no IVA and thus no IVA view shows in flight.

I have yet to release an update for 0.24.1. Even if 0.24.1 was out this morning, I had no time before work, and I've only just gotten home. Then there's the problem of Kethane needing to be updated, too, and Majiir seems to be busy with other stuff.

[edit]Just checked, and yes, that's a Kethane issue.

Oh no problem. I understand it takes time and effort, and I appreciate the work modders put in. Just reporting the issue. Just wish I'd remembered to turn off the auto-update thing on steam :(

Hey taniwha, any plans to support Karbonite when it's released?

EL already works with MKS, but Karbonite/ORS-support would be great!

Very strongly agree with this! The only reason I even has Kethane installed is the converter requirement in EL, MKS and KSPI do all the fuel processing and resource harvesting needs. Karbonite support would be a huge plus. :)

I've done a bit of testing, it looks like this should work fine with Karbonite (if the Ore/Metal/RocketParts production chain is implemented in Karbonite) but it wants the Kethane mod installed to turn on resources. Adding a check for either Kethane or Karbonite should be trivial.

Hi there,

I'm trying to recycle a vessel, but it doesn't work. I have a recycle bin attached to a rocket parts tank, so I thought recycling a ship would fill the tank. The ship does get destroyed (after activating the bin), but the tank remains empty. Am I missing something ?

In case it would be related, I have a ship being constructed in an orbital dock attached to the same parts tank, but the construction can't complete at this time because the tank is empty.

Thanks for any help.

Hi there,

I'm trying to recycle a vessel, but it doesn't work. I have a recycle bin attached to a rocket parts tank, so I thought recycling a ship would fill the tank. The ship does get destroyed (after activating the bin), but the tank remains empty. Am I missing something ?

In case it would be related, I have a ship being constructed in an orbital dock attached to the same parts tank, but the construction can't complete at this time because the tank is empty.

Thanks for any help.

Recycling now produces metal, not parts. I think it changed in EL 4.0.

Hi,

Don't know if this has been said, but I got a strange issue where the smelters (smelter, smaller smelter and tiny smelter) glitches in the parts preview window . Instead of a rotating item, it flashes rapidly and expands towards the you. Only these three parts that does it and you can place them normally and everything else works.

Recycling now produces metal, not parts. I think it changed in EL 4.0.

OK, that's probably the explanation. I'll try to add a metal tank then, thanks. Would be great if it was written in the in-game part description :-)

Is there any way to build while unfocused, or, failing that, make building happen instantaneously? I'm not really willing to stay focused on the same station for weeks at a time while it builds something, but the progress indicator doesn't go up while it's unfocused either.

Majiir has given me permission to do a patched dll release (dll-only, I assume) of kethane, so I'll be able to take care of that Real Soon Now.

Re Karbonite and ORS: resource usage is forced in career-mode, and can be forced in science and sandbox modes ("always use resources" iirc). However, unless things have changed, I am morally against ORS as treating LiquidFuel as liquid hydrogen is bogus beyond belief.

ToxicFrog: not currently. I'm still in the process of working out how I want it to work. In the meantime, ship up more not-too-stupid kerbals and use a workshop or two.

Majiir has given me permission to do a patched dll release (dll-only, I assume) of kethane, so I'll be able to take care of that Real Soon Now.

Re Karbonite and ORS: resource usage is forced in career-mode, and can be forced in science and sandbox modes ("always use resources" iirc). However, unless things have changed, I am morally against ORS as treating LiquidFuel as liquid hydrogen is bogus beyond belief.

ToxicFrog: not currently. I'm still in the process of working out how I want it to work. In the meantime, ship up more not-too-stupid kerbals and use a workshop or two.

Heya

I actually had to go run through the ORS configs to see if they actually did that - and I agree, that's pretty darn nutty. Granted it's only for the atmospheric bits and probably a holdover from KSP-I. Also not thrilled they borrowed the word 'Water'. That being said, I wonder how many folks use EL in combo with KSPI, and if a more... erm.. 'appropriate' set of standardized defaults would make more sense (and ones that would not change, but rather would truncate, the KSPI-defaults). I wonder how many of those are even used by KSP-I..

There may be a subset that encompasses the KSPI stuff without some of the nuttier bits, and given ORS's rather permissive licensing, it may be worth a fork of the resource tree (may do it myself regardless).

Food for thought. At the very least, to answer a burning question, assuming someone could get ore through a non-Kethane method, does the rest of the production chain of EL work without Kethane, or is there a hard dependency?

Heya

I actually had to go run through the ORS configs to see if they actually did that - and I agree, that's pretty darn nutty. Granted it's only for the atmospheric bits and probably a holdover from KSP-I. Also not thrilled they borrowed the word 'Water'. That being said, I wonder how many folks use EL in combo with KSPI, and if a more... erm.. 'appropriate' set of standardized defaults would make more sense (and ones that would not change, but rather would truncate, the KSPI-defaults). I wonder how many of those are even used by KSP-I..

There may be a subset that encompasses the KSPI stuff without some of the nuttier bits, and given ORS's rather permissive licensing, it may be worth a fork of the resource tree (may do it myself regardless).

Food for thought. At the very least, to answer a burning question, assuming someone could get ore through a non-Kethane method, does the rest of the production chain of EL work without Kethane, or is there a hard dependency?

the rest of the production chain does not work without kethane. but your MKS allows conversion to metal from the ore it can mine, and those ores and metals are identical to the ones used by EL. and the ModuleManager file I made (and sent to you a few times, like you asked after i said I'd made it?) allows the production of EL RocketParts from that supply of metal. I understand your mind is buzzing with code. but maybe it's an idea to write things like this down, and update the OP's to reflect the last few changelogs/versions?

for those in this thread, this means that you can produce rocketparts offworld with MKS and this MM file. which you can just drop anywhere as long as you have MKS and EL installed. note that this is not 'yet' balanced in terms of the amount of metal MKS can produce, but is balanced from an EL perspective, and it will work without kethane. I suspect the amount of metal this will drain will be practically unobtainable, but I can't effectively test it myself any more at this time as I'll be leaving for two weeks this afternoon.

EDIT: after looking at this post a bit. I get the feeling it sounds.. aggressive? it may just be my waking up sleep-clouded brain that puts it there, but if it IS somewhat aggressive in tone, I do not intend for it to come across that way. just worried I'll make it illegeable if I try to rewrite it.

Edited by Carcharhinidae

For the most part, EL is actually independent of Kethane. The actual hard-coded dependencies are very limited:

• The check whether to use resources or not (non-career modes) checks for the absence of only Kethane.
  • The recycling bins convert kerbals to kethane.
  • The recycling bins convert ships to Metal if Kethane is present, otherwise to RocketParts (tbh, I don't particularly like this and agree it should be configurable somewhere, but the bins is the wrong place).

Really, that's it. So long as you can get RocketParts to the pad, you can build. The RocketParts to ship "conversion" is done entirely within EL itself (Workshop.cs for collecting productivity, ExLaunchPad.cs (bah, need to rename that) for converting productivity + RocketParts to ship.

The smelters (Ore->Metal, ScrapMetal->Metal) and RocketParts converts (Metal->RocketParts) are both KethaneConverter. There's nothing stopping anybody from MMing something else in.

EDIT: after looking at this post a bit. I get the feeling it sounds.. aggressive? it may just be my waking up sleep-clouded brain that puts it there, but if it IS somewhat aggressive in tone, I do not intend for it to come across that way. just worried I'll make it illegeable if I try to rewrite it.

No worries. At least I could tell you were trying to be informative, though you did miss on the Metal->RocketParts conversion (I think everybody forgets that too is thanks to Kethane).

Tawhina, have you thought about using tweakscale to help cut down on part count?

It has been suggested a few times, but the timing was bad: just before 0.24 hit, and I'm sure you can imagine what that did to any plans for enhancements.

For the most part, EL is actually independent of Kethane. The actual hard-coded dependencies are very limited:

• The check whether to use resources or not (non-career modes) checks for the absence of only Kethane.
  • The recycling bins convert kerbals to kethane.
  • The recycling bins convert ships to Metal if Kethane is present, otherwise to RocketParts (tbh, I don't particularly like this and agree it should be configurable somewhere, but the bins is the wrong place).

Really, that's it. So long as you can get RocketParts to the pad, you can build. The RocketParts to ship "conversion" is done entirely within EL itself (Workshop.cs for collecting productivity, ExLaunchPad.cs (bah, need to rename that) for converting productivity + RocketParts to ship.

The smelters (Ore->Metal, ScrapMetal->Metal) and RocketParts converts (Metal->RocketParts) are both KethaneConverter. There's nothing stopping anybody from MMing something else in.

No worries. At least I could tell you were trying to be informative, though you did miss on the Metal->RocketParts conversion (I think everybody forgets that too is thanks to Kethane).

It has been suggested a few times, but the timing was bad: just before 0.24 hit, and I'm sure you can imagine what that did to any plans for enhancements.

ehh.. I missed on the metal-> rocketparts conversion? what did I miss? I made a modulemanager file that adds the ability to make rocketparts with a few MKS/OKS parts that doesn't depend on kethane present (by using the colonyconverter module from MKS. I tested it and it works.).

Edited by Carcharhinidae

Hello guys, can you help me with broken "white" textures bug? Its seems to be only TGA format work, when i trying to load normal (standalone, PNG) textures, its doesnt work, any solution?

Edited by vortexHD

Greetings all! longtime lurker first time poster...enjoying the heck out of this mod specially now that KSP .24 is out. However I've come across a problem I never encountered with KSP 23.5. Namely the recycler part, for some reason i cannot fathom it fails to recycle anything I put in it into rocket parts, with the exception of ...you guessed it rocket parts. I miss the functionality of recycling old constructions to build newer ones in a Von Neumann probe fashion. I Would welcome any suggestions as to how to restore this function, since I am thoroughly stumped. Thank you all in advance!

epl needs kethane for mining,and for production only thing it dont need kethane for is to build the ships i think. with kethane conveter module broken epl is kinda dead unless u use other ways to get rocket parts.

epl needs kethane for mining,and for production only thing it dont need kethane for is to build the ships i think. with kethane conveter module broken epl is kinda dead unless u use other ways to get rocket parts.

err.. ship the rocketparts up to your constrution site? or, as has been discussed in the last few pages, use MKS and a Modulemanager file! (which I will now shut up about. don't want to spam about this)