[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

Ships manifest pops up an error on rescue missions. I think it's not knowing what to do with the kerbal on EVA appearing out of nowhere. Debug console spams.

Error: in RealModeCrewXfer. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ShipManifest.ShipManifestBehaviour.RealModeCrewXfer() [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:()

Ships manifest pops up an error on rescue missions. I think it's not knowing what to do with the kerbal on EVA appearing out of nowhere. Debug console spams.

Error: in RealModeCrewXfer. Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ShipManifest.ShipManifestBehaviour.RealModeCrewXfer() [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:()

Got the same debug window pop-up (there's known issues with Kerbal EVA's, but I'm not worried about the error at this time...), and am wondering... what's the keyboard control to close it? :D I do have CLS, not sure if it is enabled at the moment

Suggestion for a minor improvement in future builds: close window button, or top-right corner X to close :)

To help you, I will need the following:

SM version,

Settings. Screenies of the settings window will help... mainly I'm looking to see if CLS is installed or enabled.

Setps to reproduce error.

If you can provide that I can assist.

No problem. For now I uninstalled sm and rescued the kerbal. I took a screenshot when it happened. I'll get that to you with a proper bug report tomorrow.

the crew roster is broken on launch:

- create kerbal results in no new kerbal

- "remove" a kerbal from vessel is possible, but the "add" button does not appear

specs:

- KSP 0.24 x64

- SM 24.0.3.3.1 (07172014)

- default settings (realsim mode on)

- CLS not installed

New: Add support for DMagic Science parts (IDataScienceContainer)

Hmmm...

I am pretty sure that I am unable to transfer science out of Universal Storage wedge goo container and materials lab by DMagic, while I can transfer it out of the stock goo container. (64 bit version, but that shouldn't matter here, I believe)

US wedges use DMModuleScienceAnimate, which is both a ModuleScienceExperiment and an IScienceDataContainer.

...I'm actually curious, I guess I'll try fixing this myself and tossing you a pull request.

EDIT: Wait a moment, it doesn't compile because the CrewRoster structure changed.

Is the source actually current?

EDIT EDIT: Well. Eh.

I'm sorry to say but you're doing it wrong. You can't account for IScienceDataContainer, i.e. any non-stock science containing modules, without actually treating all sources of science as IScienceDataContainer. As it is written, Ship Manifest will never even see if DMagic modules contain any data, let alone initiate a transfer.

Edited by Mihara

the crew roster is broken on launch:

- create kerbal results in no new kerbal

- "remove" a kerbal from vessel is possible, but the "add" button does not appear

specs:

- KSP 0.24 x64

- SM 24.0.3.3.1 (07172014)

- default settings (realsim mode on)

- CLS not installed

I am experiancing this problem as well. I am using 64bit. I don't know if thats a problem, I can try to do any diagnostics you need however, when you click add kerbal it comes up with the proper screen and click apply it goes away and nothing happens. I am trying to see what happens in the log, but I am not finding anything, I will report back when I do.

I am experiancing this problem as well. I am using 64bit. I don't know if thats a problem, I can try to do any diagnostics you need however, when you click add kerbal it comes up with the proper screen and click apply it goes away and nothing happens. I am trying to see what happens in the log, but I am not finding anything, I will report back when I do.

All,

My apologies for the issues with science and some features of SM.

I did indeed rush this out, given that it was broken with 0.24.0. I will go thru the thing a bit more thoroughly and correct the issues.

Be back soon.

Hello Papa_Joe,

First of all, Manifest is one of my favorite mods. It's also one of the mods I regard as "core" and is used in my "vanilla" install as well.

Second, I'm impressed with how fast the .24 update came out once it turned out it had broken manifest. Kudos!

Third, I like the cleaner, simpler, interface where when you click on "crew" it takes you to "transfer" immediately. Kudos!

So, with that out of the way I want to make clear I'm not a thankless whiner who "demands" anything as you've given us a wonderful Manifest in the first place and you owe us nothing!

However, one of the features that I really liked about Manifest has gone missing... the ability to remove Kerbals from a vessel at the launch pad. "Fill crew" fills every seat available, which is not always what is wanted. Just in case this is a bug you're not aware off...

However, one of the features that I really liked about Manifest has gone missing... the ability to remove Kerbals from a vessel at the launch pad. "Fill crew" fills every seat available, which is not always what is wanted. Just in case this is a bug you're not aware off...

Already reportet, will be fixed in next update.

Btw. I can confirm SM does actually not work with DMagic science parts.

Is there a restriction on where science should be moved to? After re-mating a lander to my command module, I just transferred all the science to my pod. Now when loading that save, It freezes on the loading screen. I'm wondering if I've borked it by putting 13 sciences into the command pod, or if it's something else.

Edit: After temporarily ditching this save I started again and experienced another corrupt persistence file that did the same thing. I went back to the 32 bit version and all is well. I think I'll hold off for an update or two before using x64...

Edited by ninjaweasel

Hey all,

I'm travelling on business this week, so I'm unable to work on SM.

I will be back home Friday evening (CDT), and will resume bug fixes and get a release out. CLS Highlighting, and the stuff broken from the 0.24 update will be my top priorities. I also am aware of the problem with science after I added support for DMagic.

After that, I'm focusing on the last major feature for SM: Hatch management Panel.

This feature is to be used with CLS, so if you don't use CLS, then you won't have hatches to manage, and this window will not be available.

After that, I think that SM is now pretty much feature complete. I had originally planned on adding multi part transfers, but after reviewing, I'm not certain that should be part of SM. I know I've bounced back and forth on this, but it just runs counter to the existing interface design, and the "simplicity" of use. Some would argue it is not so simple anymore (mainly due to the flexible configuration), and I've been constantly weighing the merits of more features against what some would call "bloat".

I also considered multi resource transfers (for example fuel and oxidizer), but that is a bigger departure from the current interface, so that will not be included.

If you really need those features, I'm sure that TAC Fuel Balancer will do the trick for you. I'm not a beliver in saying I'll never add anyting, but at this point it would take a fairly large group requesting it before I would consider.

So, with that, I will then focus on maintenance and squashing various annoying bugs and bahavioural issues. Basically, polish it and clean up the code to be better organized and less prone to error.

Next project will be ShipChecklists. I've not forgotten it. I'll be dusting off the Dev thread and start on that after I get SM behaving as it should.

Edited by Papa_Joe

I would guess things like "a) Throttle to 100% - Check"; "b) Cargo bay doors closed - check"; "c) Snacks loaded - check!"

More serious items would be for things like batteries, solar sails, RCS fuel and all those other odd items we tend to leave off ships. I have lost count of the number of rockets that went dead becasue I forgot to make sure they had electricity generation on board!

Edited by softweir

After that, I think that SM is now pretty much feature complete. I had originally planned on adding multi part transfers, but after reviewing, I'm not certain that should be part of SM.

Well, the only reason i'm not using the ressource transfer featureset of ship manifest at all, and instead manage all ressources via TAC fuelbalancer, is because last time i checked, SM doesn't support this kind of balancing - i cannot say "those tanks out, these tanks in - make it so while i reach orbit."

As i see it (i might be wrong), the only three cases when one wants to transfer ressources are:

1. CoM balancing

2. Fuel transfer between vessels while docked.

3. Enable/disable flow of certain tanks with a more comfy GUI than rightclicking parts.

For #1 and #2, one needs multipart transfer rules. Since fuelbalancers cover 1-3, as i see it you either have to do it all and as well as them (you can then argue for consolidation-benefits), or there is no point to having fuel transfer at all, since one will be managing ressources via another plugin anyways. Maybe i'm missing something though.

What's ship checklist for?
I would guess things like "a) Throttle to 100% - Check"; "b) Cargo bay doors closed - check"; "c) Snacks loaded - check!"

More serious items would be for things like batteries, solar sails, RCS fuel and all those other odd items we tend to leave off ships. I have lost count of the number of rockets that went dead becasue I forgot to make sure they had electricity generation on board!

Ship Checklists is an idea presented by a forum member. I opened a Dev thread awhile back... I will resurrect it. as I do intend to complete it.

Thread is: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/71817

This will give you an idea of what I have in mind, and You can carry on the dicussion there.

Thanks for the interest!

Well, the only reason i'm not using the ressource transfer featureset of ship manifest at all, and instead manage all ressources via TAC fuelbalancer, is because last time i checked, SM doesn't support this kind of balancing - i cannot say "those tanks out, these tanks in - make it so while i reach orbit."

As i see it (i might be wrong), the only three cases when one wants to transfer ressources are:

1. CoM balancing

2. Fuel transfer between vessels while docked.

3. Enable/disable flow of certain tanks with a more comfy GUI than rightclicking parts.

For #1 and #2, one needs multipart transfer rules. Since fuelbalancers cover 1-3, as i see it you either have to do it all and as well as them (you can then argue for consolidation-benefits), or there is no point to having fuel transfer at all, since one will be managing ressources via another plugin anyways. Maybe i'm missing something though.

I agree with your point except for this condition. Sometimes I find myself without enough mono propellent. I'm not using fuel balancers and I don't want to fill the entire ship as I'm eye balling the deltaV needed for a particular shot with a particular vehicle... I wanna see if I have enough propellent, but still want more maneuvering fuel. Comes up a lot for me ... I like to play by feel... weigh the variables in my head and build and design based on the mental picture. I admire Jeb's (and Mr. Miagi's) ability to do that... Leave the math for homework... :)

So, if I can move 1 resource, then I can move any. It is a list. Use it, don't use it, your choice.

However, After reflection, I've realized I've given you the ability to turn off Crew Transfers and Science, but not Resources. I'll add that. There, it's gone. :) You don't have to look at it. :)

And finally, made it back safe and sound. Good pilot who managed a few thunderstorms artfully. I'll get back to finishing SM...

Edited by Papa_Joe

If anyone's interested in stock toolbar support for ShipManifest I've uploaded my build here. Source is in pull request #5 in the GitHub repo. Icon's a little ugly from scaling up but it seems to work.

Thanks! Merging. I'll clean up the icon. :)

If anyone's interested in stock toolbar support for ShipManifest I've uploaded my build here. Source is in pull request #5 in the GitHub repo. Icon's a little ugly from scaling up but it seems to work.

Thank you so much I was having many problems using the toolbar, half the time it wasn't showing up in flight.

Now with your stock SM button I am able to use SM. Many praises.

Hey Papa_Joe,

I've had debug logs popping up when I take a Kerbal EVA. That's in a brand new "Science" game on 0.24.2.

I'm running ShipManifest-24.0.3.3.1_07172014, CLS-1.0.7.0, Toolbar-1.7.6 and ModuleManager-2.2.0.

Debug log is at: http://hastebin.com/obihulolup.avrasm

Apart from the debug log I didn't notice any particular issues with behaviour. I am also running a large number of other mods, so I don't know whether that may be impacting things in some odd way.

I may just disable to the autopopup of the debug log for the moment, but if there's anything I can do to help with more info, just give me a shout.

Thanks for the good work by the way. This has replaced CrewManifest and Tac Fuel Balancer for me. Just a little easier than running two separate mods.

How do I turn off the "Ship Manifest - Debug Console"

It keeps popping up by itself and I don't know how to get rid of it

Open ship manifest -> settings -> scroll down -> disable "show debug console" :)

There you can also disable "open debug console on error".