Lets build a 2d city!

FlamingPotatoes

Okay, i got an idea from this page:http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1270399

starting with a background template we should develop houses and huts and things from the ground up, each adding his own little addition.

Rules:

1) Add things in technological progression (i.e. no stone buildings before a mine etc)

2) Have fun

3) No ruining other peoples stuff for the sake of it

4) NO .JPEG IMAGES

5) It's pixel art but if you think you want to make something but think you're a bad drawer send it to me or someone else via pm and we'll refine it for you

6) no anti-aliasing

7) 1 addition per post

Ill start with a template:

BVw9scP.png

A small grass hut to begin with.

Them again...

DJZikWh.png

Town hall upgraded to defend against the foreigners. If they are hostile

They used this new fangled 'stone' to make the upgrade. T'is very good at no falling or burning down, sadly one villager called it witchcraft and ran away.

Edited by FlamingPotatoes

Okay, two questions before I start getting into this:

1. Can we modify/refine existing structures at will? (i.e., "renovate" existing buildings)

2. We're just using MSPaint or similar tools, aye? No photoshop and so forth? (I feel it would detract from the communal quality if there're people using more advanced tools, but maybe it's just me)

Okay, two questions before I start getting into this:

1. Can we modify/refine existing structures at will? (i.e., "renovate" existing buildings)

2. We're just using MSPaint or similar tools, aye? No photoshop and so forth? (I feel it would detract from the communal quality if there're people using more advanced tools, but maybe it's just me)

Yes and Yes!

Edit: also

ZL6vqs1.png

more deforestation, a growth spurt for the saplings and more wood huts!

Edited by FlamingPotatoes

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.