[0.23] [Beta] KESA Resource Integration v0.1 (TACLS & KSPI Water)

Eadrom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A big +1 for making KSPI and TACLS work together :).

Now I'm wondering about the two different definitions for water between TACLS and BioMass. They appear to have the same name but different densities? I've not experimented, so I've no idea what effect this has, but everything seems to be working so far...

• 3 weeks later...

Not 100% sure, but I think this is breaking 0.23.5; when I try to load the game it always stops like so:

(end of KSP.log file)

[I]-snip-[/I]
[LOG 13:34:06.212] [ModuleManager] Applying node KESA/ResourceIntegration/@OCEANIC_RESOURCE_DEFINITION[LaytheWater]:Final to OpenResourceSystem/PlanetResourceData/oceanicresourcedefinitions/LaytheWater
[LOG 13:34:06.212] [ModuleManager] modding values
@resourceName= Water
[LOG 13:34:06.213] [ModuleManager] Applying node KESA/ResourceIntegration/@PLANETARY_RESOURCE_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#name[Water]]:Final to WarpPlugin/PlanetResourceData/planetaryresourcedefinitions/Water
[LOG 13:34:06.213] [ModuleManager] modding values
@resourceName= Water

(Removing the KESA folder lets KSP load normally.)

Edited by S4qFBxkFFg

Not 100% sure, but I think this is breaking 0.23.5; when I try to load the game it always stops like so:

(end of KSP.log file)

[I]-snip-[/I]
[LOG 13:34:06.212] [ModuleManager] Applying node KESA/ResourceIntegration/@OCEANIC_RESOURCE_DEFINITION[LaytheWater]:Final to OpenResourceSystem/PlanetResourceData/oceanicresourcedefinitions/LaytheWater
[LOG 13:34:06.212] [ModuleManager] modding values
@resourceName= Water
[LOG 13:34:06.213] [ModuleManager] Applying node KESA/ResourceIntegration/@PLANETARY_RESOURCE_DEFINITION[*]:HAS[#name[Water]]:Final to WarpPlugin/PlanetResourceData/planetaryresourcedefinitions/Water
[LOG 13:34:06.213] [ModuleManager] modding values
@resourceName= Water

(Removing the KESA folder lets KSP load normally.)

Same Problem over here. :(

After a bit of trial and error I figure out that the new version of Module Manager (2.0.1) seems to be the troublemaker, using the 1.5.7 version it works fine.

The problem is that MM 1.5.x never supported the "@MODULE[FNModuleResourceExtraction[*]:HAS[#resourceName[LqdWater]]" syntax near the end of the KESA file. MM 2.0.x adds support for this but the KESA config doesn't have matching brackets so its probably getting confused on the bad syntax.

Try changing the line to this. All I did was add another ] before the :HAS.

@MODULE[FNModuleResourceExtraction[*]]:HAS[#resourceName[LqdWater]]

Forget what was originally here... I was on a wild goose chase... Still wanting to use KESA, but I'm having the same issues as Der_Failer and S4qFBxkFFg and the above edit isn't fixing my issues.

Edited by SpacedInvader

I apologize for the long silence here. I started a new job a couple months ago and have been very busy during the week. I work in IT now and haven't been engaging in much mentally engaging activities on the weekend so as to give my brain a bit of a rest. I also honestly never expected many people to be interested in my little addon here. Coming back I see this thread has over 11k views! o.O

I will take a look at my addon this week. I downloaded 23.5 this weekend past and I'll need to grab a few mods like KSPI and TACLS to make a test copy of KSP for KESA. I will try to have an update out this weekend, but no promises. Good news is that once I've updated KESA to integrate with the new way KSPI handles its resource system, future updates should be easier and faster for me to push out.

Sorry for the wait folks!

For anyone wanting to go the "other way around" (converting LqdWater to Water via water purifier) I posted a MM config over here. I prefer it myself because it's less invasive, but it comes with it's own caveats (the LqdWater routing).

• 1 month later...

I have created some cfg files to make the tacls and kspi resources available to modular fuel tanks and needed to come up with a way to unify the two waters, or have one listed as potable and one not or something. This mod would solve that problem if it worked. I am trying to decide if this cfg file set is worthy of its own thread because trying to strike a balance in the amount of each resource per unit of tank space needs to be realistic. If this mod works then it gives me a way to do this... I would like to get both the mood creators together to come up with a standard, but I don't know if this will be to hard to accomplish. What do you all think?

• 4 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity why did you chance KSPI to use TACL's water, instead of the other way around? Seems like it would require far fewer changes to make TACLS use LqdWater instead. It doesn't really matter, but i'm curious why you went this way because I was thinking of doing it the other way :)

The problem is that MM 1.5.x never supported the "@MODULE[FNModuleResourceExtraction

[*]:HAS[#resourceName[LqdWater]]" syntax near the end of the KESA file. MM 2.0.x adds support for this but the KESA config doesn't have matching brackets so its probably getting confused on the bad syntax.

Try changing the line to this. All I did was add another ] before the :HAS.

@MODULE[FNModuleResourceExtraction
[*]]:HAS[#resourceName[LqdWater]]

I believe the correct syntax for this line is:

@MODULE[FNModuleResourceExtraction],*:HAS[#resourceName[LqdWater]]

There is also the issue of interstellar lqdWater amounts are in litres, whereas TACLS uses a unit equal to one kerbal's consumption per day.

So I made an assumption that a kerabal would use 10 litres/day. At the top of the config I added some lines to change the densities and amounts of Water and wasteWater to be quantized in litres before changing lqdWater occurrences to Water:

// First adjust TAC water amounts to be litres instead of days per kerbal
@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Water]
{
@density = 0.001
}
@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[WasteWater]
{
@density = 0.0012
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Water]]
{
@RESOURCE[Water]
{
@amount *= 10
@maxAmount *= 10
}
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[WasteWater]]
{
@maxAmount *= 10
}

And then adjust the consumption rate in the in-game TACLS settings accordingly. I was a bit lazy with my maths, but that's easy for anyone interested to adjust within this framework. but this way you still get one day's resources per kerbal in your pods and the values are in line with interstellar mod's.

I also removed the "resizing" of the interstellar long water tank found in these lines:

// ../Parts/FuelTank/LongWaterTank/part.cfg
@PART[FNLiquidWaterTank]:Final
{
@RESOURCE[LqdWater]
{
@name = Water
@amount = 4065
@maxAmount = 4065
}
}

You can download my config here if you like: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B82EGaR6GNXeMUpyNU9qenRKS1k/edit?usp=sharing

Hope this helps :)

Just out of curiosity why did you chance KSPI to use TACL's water, instead of the other way around? Seems like it would require far fewer changes to make TACLS use LqdWater instead. It doesn't really matter, but i'm curious why you went this way because I was thinking of doing it the other way :)

its easier to do that way cause changeing tac values can cause problems due to number of growing number of mods using it as a base now. a good example is i wanted to use the bio mod before but to use it u have to change 99% of the values for tac which caused all other mods that used it to not work right or break so gave up on using bio and just used tac.

btw chapstick what does taht .cfg do btw

its easier to do that way cause changeing tac values can cause problems due to number of growing number of mods using it as a base now. a good example is i wanted to use the bio mod before but to use it u have to change 99% of the values for tac which caused all other mods that used it to not work right or break so gave up on using bio and just used tac.

btw chapstick what does taht .cfg do btw

It's the KESA config with some adjustments.. so its making interstellar use Tac Water as a resource instead of lqdWater. Then the additions I made convert TAC water to use litres as a unit instead of the current unit of one kerbal's water consumption in one day. I did this so the amounts make sense to the interstellar parts that consume water.

• 3 months later...

// First adjust TAC water amounts to be litres instead of days per kerbal
@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Water]
{
@density = 0.001
}
@RESOURCE_DEFINITION[WasteWater]
{
@density = 0.0012
}

@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[Water]]
{
@RESOURCE[Water]
{
@amount *= 10
@maxAmount *= 10
}
}
@PART
[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[WasteWater]]
{
@maxAmount *= 10
}

This code is obsolete. Perhaps in the Past TAC Lifesupport didn't use litters, now they do..

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.