[1.0.2] WarpUnlocker v1 (faster time warp, no altitude restrictions)

acerola

seems to work in 0.23.5.464.

However I only just started using it so ill let you know if I run into any errors.

I was waiting for Dres to meet up with my orbit, and I did not want to waste any more fuel, so i needed to wait 27 years haha. I set warp to max and went searching for how to speed up this process. After getting sidetracked a bit I finally found this mod an hour later or so. Funny thing is that by this time I am only a year out and don't need the mod anymore. But I am sure I will need it again in the future, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Would it be possible to make a version with half the altitute limits with the higher warp speeds included? I would make it myself, but I don't know how :(

Check out a mod called Time Control. It does what mine does and more. And it's customizable.

• 1 month later...

The 20x Physical warp is awesome! I did a 41 minute ion engine burn in ~2 minutes of real time!

For some reason, faster than x4 warp confuses the KSPI Vista inertial fusion engine - it freezes, stop using fuel and thrusting, although it claims that it is. I haven't yet checked with other KSPI engines (it might just be the vista, it has its own unique engine handler (https://github.com/FractalUK/KSPInterstellar/blob/master/FNPlugin/VistaEngineController.cs)).

This mod doesn't work for me on 23.5. Once activating the 1,000,000 or 10,000,000 time warps, any vessel in flight is doomed to explode once I set back to real time

This is the Kraken/Cthulhu bug. It is not related to the mod. It is a limitation of KSP.

The 20x Physical warp is awesome!

I think there might be some confusion here. WarpUnlocker is all about on rails warp, and not physical warp.

About those explosions when using x1,000,000 and x10,000,000 warp, I know one way that has solved it for me in both 0.23 and 0.23.5.

Before you engage those levels of time warp, you MUST clear your launchpad of all parts. Launch clamps are the usual culprit for me.

I'm not sure why clearing the pad makes it work when it a pad that isn't clear shouldn't break things in the first place, but it does in fact fix the problem.

One simple way to clear the pad is just launch and recover a bare command pod.

You can also clear the pad by going into the tracking station, show debris via the left-most button on that row of buttons that toggle visibility of different types of ships, and manually recovering each launch clamp.

Of course that gets tedious, so I usually just use the bare pod method right now.

When 0.24 comes out I'll probably recover the clamps to save money anyways.

The 20x Physical warp is awesome! I did a 41 minute ion engine burn in ~2 minutes of real time!

For some reason, faster than x4 warp confuses the KSPI Vista inertial fusion engine - it freezes, stop using fuel and thrusting, although it claims that it is. I haven't yet checked with other KSPI engines (it might just be the vista, it has its own unique engine handler (https://github.com/FractalUK/KSPInterstellar/blob/master/FNPlugin/VistaEngineController.cs)).

This mod has no physical warp, is it possible you're thinking about my mod, BetterTimeWarp, which does?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85926-0-23-5-BetterTimeWarp-v1-0

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Yes, engaging 1,000,000x and 10,000,000x causes damage to ship WITH and WITHOUT Kerbal Joint Reinforcement....

Too bad. I really like the 1,000,000 warp :(

Yesterday I arrived at Duna at 1,000,000 warp. When I switched back to 1x, my ship exploded. The log said "collision with lauch pad".:rolleyes:

It is random, so remember to save before engaging higher warp rates.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 04/01/2014 at 11:32 AM, acerola said:

WarpUnlocker does two much requested features.

First, it removes the altitude requirements for the non-physical time warp.

Second, it adds two new warp factors: 1,000,000 and 10,000,000.

It does not, however, allow you to non-physical time warp in atmosphere or when throttled up.

License: public domain.

Source code: included in the package.

Download (original version): https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pgkkhfk02g3vn3/WarpUnlocker_v1.zip

im having a small problem, everytime i exit a timewarp higher than 100000, my ship spontaneously explodes, then when i try to reload a quicksave that also explodes, if i try to launch a new copy of it that also explodes and it keeps happening until i reload the game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.