[0.90] [Up for adoption] Connected Living Space v1.1.2.0 (27th Feb 2015) Hatches and Highlighting

codepoet

Version 1.0.6.0 has been released, you can download it on the first post of the thread.

• Added support for the Novapunch parts pack
  • Fixed the bug of the hatch status not being saved and loaded properly.
  • Cleaned up the error log a bit
  • Made hatches openable and closable if two docking ports are attached rather than being docked.
  • Made all hatches open in the VAB so the extent of spaces can be checked at designed time.

Edited by codepoet
typo

My real life is about to undergo a big change as I move house and start a new job, and realistically I do not think that I am going to have any time for KSP or modding, which is a great shame as I have enjoyed doing so greatly. So I think it is fair to give notice that I will stepping back from CLS (and my other mods which are not well used anyway) There are loads of ideas that remain unimplemented, but that is just the way of software!

As for CLS, it does what I intended it to do, so from that point of view it "works". I have a few bug fixes pending so I will be releasing those, but if anyone wants to take on the role of maintaining it, do get in touch. I think the future of CLS is in the potential of other mods that choose to make use of it, and I think its value is in providing a common outlook on the internal connectedness of parts.

If there is anything you are unhappy about with CLS all you have to do is fork it in github and make it better :)

Code, I hope that these changes are for the better and wish you happy times in the future! I wish that I had the knowledge and skill to take over for you, but alas I do not... I am trying to learn, maybe I will be able to in the future. Until then, Fly long and far and may your capsule never leak.

Cheers

Edited by MrWizerd

The very best of luck codepoet, I hope your life changes make a difference for the better. The brief time I worked on bugs on CLS with you you were very helpful :)

Please someone adopt this, it's a great mod for station and large spacecraft builds.

Here's a config for FASA that allows you to use CLS and Ship Manifest to transfer Kerbals between the Apollo CM and LM.

@PART[FASAApollo_CM_Top]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
passable = true
}
}

@PART[FASAApollo_CM_parachutes]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[FASAApollo_DockingDevice]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[FASALM_DockingCone]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[FASAApollo_CM]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

@PART[FASALM_AscentStage]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
MODULE
{
passable = true
}
}

Thanks for the update!

I have no idea if this is even possible, but I would love to have "flowMode = CLS_ONLY" (i.e, the resource is transferable only within a connected living space) as an option for resource definitions. Such an option would be perfect for certain life support resources, such as food, which logically ought to follow the same transfer restrictions as Kerbals.

Thanks for the update!

I have no idea if this is even possible, but I would love to have "flowMode = CLS_ONLY" (i.e, the resource is transferable only within a connected living space) as an option for resource definitions. Such an option would be perfect for certain life support resources, such as food, which logically ought to follow the same transfer restrictions as Kerbals.

It would be possible for someone to write a mod that controlled the movement / flow of resources around a craft and took CLS into account, but it would beyond the scope of CLS itself.

My real life is about to undergo a big change as I move house and start a new job, and realistically I do not think that I am going to have any time for KSP or modding, which is a great shame as I have enjoyed doing so greatly. So I think it is fair to give notice that I will stepping back from CLS (and my other mods which are not well used anyway) There are loads of ideas that remain unimplemented, but that is just the way of software!

As for CLS, it does what I intended it to do, so from that point of view it "works". I have a few bug fixes pending so I will be releasing those, but if anyone wants to take on the role of maintaining it, do get in touch. I think the future of CLS is in the potential of other mods that choose to make use of it, and I think its value is in providing a common outlook on the internal connectedness of parts.

If there is anything you are unhappy about with CLS all you have to do is fork it in github and make it better :)

Well, this is both a surprise, and an opportunity. I wish you the best with what happens next. As far as CLS, well, I think it is important to keep it alive. I will be forking CLS and adding support for Hatches thru the client interface.

Ship Manifest will beneifit as a result. I'm working out a Hatch Panel, (like a ship's watertight doors), and I don't want to "reinvent the wheel" with your efforts with hatches.

Again the best of everything, and I hope you return to our community very soon.

• 2 weeks later...
FYI, plugged in native CLS into the next MKS version. Also making a strong recommendation to use Ship Manifest (no sense in reinventing the wheel).

Wow, that is cool. So do you mean that the next version of MKS will include configuration for CLS on the MKS parts? When are you planning to release?

Wow, that is cool. So do you mean that the next version of MKS will include configuration for CLS on the MKS parts? When are you planning to release?

Yep, it is already integrated in the DEV build on GitHub and will officially be released when KSP 0.24 comes out.

Yep, tho I may end up releasing 0.18 early because if it's goodness volume, despite it's save-breaking nature.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. When I checked log file I found an error message;

[LOG 19:16:51.901] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CLSAddon' from assembly 'ConnectedLivingSpace'
[ERR 19:16:51.902] Script error: OnJointBreak
This message parameter has to be of type:
The message will be ignored.

Seems like it breaks nothing but I better make developers know about it.

I am using linux 64 bit version, btw.

Hello. When I checked log file I found an error message;

[LOG 19:16:51.901] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CLSAddon' from assembly 'ConnectedLivingSpace'
[ERR 19:16:51.902] Script error: OnJointBreak
This message parameter has to be of type:
The message will be ignored.

Seems like it breaks nothing but I better make developers know about it.

I am using linux 64 bit version, btw.

Now that you mentioned it, I get that error too. And I'm using Windows 64 bit version.