[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

Can this mod tweak fuels from other mods? For example, make a storage tank only for patchkits/repairkits for MKS/OKS mod.

You can, most likely, But you would need to add it yourself.

Currently it has a kethane tank, EPL, and TAC life support (maybe more). So I don't see why it couldn't with a little config work.

I am experiencing a really, really weird bug. If I put Procedural SRB as a first stage (both with or without launch clamp) and launch the craft it loads with a nozzle moved to the SIDE and UP.

I think it's better if you just look at the screennies below:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It seems like the nozzle is attaching itself to the upper node of the tank and moving sideways.

Edited by Rothank

Restarted the game a few times and now i can't replicate the issue. Anyway it wasn't the first time it hapenned to me.

Anyway, here's my craft, with mods used reduced to only PP, PF, RF, RftS, RO+RSS,.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuvjh18463mqgky/Rothank%27s%20PP%20issue.craft?dl=0

And here's the original craft (Scansat, Remotetech + all of the above).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/18h6esx0esceptf/Rothank%27s%20PP%20issue%20FULL.craft?dl=0

EDIT: Just happened to me again, on the Scansat version. But I'm pretty sure it's NOT Scansat's issue, as it happened to my without it some time ago.

EDIT2: There it comes again. Only in the VAB this time, on the launchpad it seems ok (Mechjeb also says that the stage is ok + it works).

The issue seems to appear randomly, most of the times when PP SRB is used as a first core stage (but not EVERY time). Had it happen once with SRBs used as strap-ons. Removing SRB and creating a new one with exactly same parameters doesn't help, it's messed up back again after loading craft at the pad.

EDIT3: OK, these might be 2 separate issues:

1) (in the VAB) if you see the nozzle floating in the air, like 5m away from the craft, tilted 90 degrees and mechjeb says it has 0 dV

- it'll be fine at launch

- happens only in VAB, both to core boosters as well as strap-ons

2) (VAB, Launchpad) if the nozzle is moved up and to the side of the tank, like on my screenshots above

- it's bad, probably won't work at launch

- it's also persistent, removing the SRB and creating a new one USUALLY does not help.

- this bug can happen randomly, it MIGHT (but it's not 100%) dissapear after restarting the game.

- happens at launch but stays after going back to VAB.

- happens only to core boosters (at least for me)

Edited by Rothank
Further observations.

Why are the parts so expensive? Are they not procedural cost?

No, at least not yet.So, for now you have overpriced small tanks and underpriced large tanks. But do not worry, Nathan will surely get to those soon enough ;]

Rothank: Alas, I was afraid of that. Reproducibility is the key; I have yet to actually see the bug myself. :( It's very hard to fix what you can't cause.

Yes, prices are coming soon, but sooner than that used to be since I have them working for RF (more or less).

Nathan, I can almost always get the offset SRB bell issue whenever my procedural SRBs are on my last stage. Attempting an Explorer I type of design with all procedural SRBs will usually give me one of the offset bells. Personally, I think the issue seems to be related to decouplers under the bell. If I don't put a decoupler under it -- ie. attach the SRB as a radial stage or decouple it with a procedural interstage -- I don't really see an issue. However, when I eject my last stage with a decoupler, it almost always goes tumbling off due to the offset bell.

Hate to use the phrase "almost always" so much. Hope this makes sense.

Hi guys, I've got a question regarding custom textures that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I'm trying to find a grey that looks better with B9 parts, but for some reason I can't match the shade. It remains slightly darker than it should be regardless of how I lighten it in Photoshop. I've tried taking a colour sample directly from a screenshot in the SPH but no luck. It only seems to vary between brilliant white, or this grey, and nothing in between:

1eeXUFDl.jpg

They're meant to be the same colour as the light grey strip on the turbojets. I'm guessing this has something to do with the way the game displays Procedural Parts' textures. I've tinkered with the specular and shininess with no joy. Is there something else I'm missing?

Here's the .tga file I'm currently using.

The latest B9-R5 release has the textures as straight up .pngs, you could try loading one of those up and pulling the pixel colour values directly?

[Edit] Also the colour of the specular might not be the default, you would need to ask B9/Taverius et al about the exact Unity setting/s they're using for their specular settings

The latest B9-R5 release has the textures as straight up .pngs, you could try loading one of those up and pulling the pixel colour values directly?

[Edit] Also the colour of the specular might not be the default, you would need to ask B9/Taverius et al about the exact Unity setting/s they're using for their specular settings

Yeah, I thought about that. I tried taking the colour directly from the png before I posted but it didn't work. I've got my doubts that having the specular settings would help either. I've changed them drastically in the SSTextures config and there's absolutely no change in the way the grey is displayed in-game. It's either that shade, or pure white. No change in reflectivity/brightness.

I eventually got it to work this morning by just using a png instead of a tga, so I'm guessing it had something to do with the limitations of the latter, or the way KSP loads targas.

With TAC LifeSupport updated to v0.10, I thought about trying to tweak the ProceduralParts TankLifeSupport config file so the values were current.

I'm struggling with some of the conversions. That said, does anyone have an updated config file with the new life support values entered? If not I'll keep staring at the numbers until something clicks in my brain.

I too am experiencing the offset SRB bell. Trying to make a Minitour design and have been pulling my hair out to find out why my second stage spins like a top. I just now noticed the bell was off to the side just slightly. I tried many different decouplers. Even a procedural interstage and it happens every time. And I tried just launching the second stage in its own without a decoupler. Flies straight.

Edit: I clipped my camera into the second stage of my rocket and watched the srb nozzle. Slowly, but surely as the speed rose the nozzle drifted farther and farther from the center.

Edited by Motokid600