The ARM megathread

KvickFlygarn87

Hm. Shouldn't this wait until we, well, you know, actually have a release date? And when we do, I find that it should be included in my ARM megathread.

Feel free to speculate and get excited about ARM, KvickFlygarn87. All embargoes have been lifted, so you'll be seeing all sorts of videos, articles and assorted information about ARM getting out into the world. All that's left is to provide a solid release date and push the update out - which will happen once all issues caught during testing have been completely ironed out. I hate to keep putting it this way, but soon.

Speculate? The media team is saying that it is being release today, as soon as squad is done talking about it on the stream. Given silence from squad, the release date from the media team is as firm as anything else we know about this release.is as firm a fact as any other we have.

*There are reports that Squad is now saying this is an error. Um? Given the similarities in statements between media team members, the error would appear to be with Squad not keeping them up to date, a common governance issue for startups.

Edited by Sandworm

what Happens if a Asteroid actually hit Kerbin would It Be destroyed and Cause no damage?

Yeah, the community manager posted here that

"Can asteroids crash into Kerbin, and will that be a catastrophic event?

Asteroids can most certainly crash into Kerbin, but even the largest objects aren’t large enough to cause any significant damage. In fact, the Kerbals and that space program of theirs have probably caused more damage to the planet than the asteroids ever could."

Speculate? The media team is saying that it is being release today, as soon as squad is done talking about it on the stream. Given silence from squad, the release date from the media team is as firm as anything else we know about this release.

Sorry, Sandworm. It's not being released today. It's not being released at the end of the stream. Just have to put that one to bed.

So you admit that there will be a release date given to the community before releasing! AHA!

That's not exactly a revelation, is it? :) At least I hope it's not. We've had a post-GDC timeframe in mind and now that we're in that sweet spot, I'm looking forward to being able to use days and dates as soon as I have something specific to announce.

So we can assume that there was a pretty substantial miscommunication between Squad and HOC about the release?

How did that end up happening?

It's possible that there was a misunderstanding that the date to end the embargo was, itself, the release date, but in either case, things should be smoothed over.

Edited by Rowsdower

New Scott Manley video
of his video with Felipe & Chad at GDC.

There's an in-game option that lets you change between Earth day/years and Kerbin days/years

YES!!!!

Lots of other cool info there too that I haven't seen here.

Awesome thanks! I can get past our schools filter for youtube!

Sorry, Sandworm. It's not being released today. It's not being released at the end of the stream. Just have to put that one to bed.

That's not exactly a revelation, is it? :) At least I hope it's not. We've had a post-GDC timeframe in mind and now that we're in that sweet spot, I'm looking forward to being able to use days and dates as soon as I have something specific to announce.

It's possible that there was a misunderstanding that the date to end the embargo was, itself, the release date, but in either case, things should be smoothed over.

This is the first news I've heard of any release date. I was just assuming that squad is quickly approaching the date hence the "release marathon" this means they are happy enough on their work to show it but still doing last minute tinkering.

You guys should definitely update the MK2 and MK3 IVA last minute :3

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I really don't care. I have no opportunity to play for the next few days. I'm just surprised that squad has bungled this announcement (letting the media team issue statements that are incorrect / not vetting vids ect). Or maybe I am wrong and this is all part of the hype machine, that allowing the media team to announce a release data at midnight only for Squad to issue retractions 10 hours later is a planned move.

I do feel for the media team. Depending on the situation of each youtuber, editing and reissuing a vid can cost money as the new vid may not be fully monetized for a period of days.

I think that the release date should be extended like a week and the MK2 and MK3 cockpit IVA should pop in. And yes I wonder if new animation will appear :wink:

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I wonder if there's gonna be an animation this time round?

I believe so, i could of swore in the last Dev notes there was a mention about work on the animation.

Hi Rowsdower! Couple of questions here:

1) We already know that some mods will work on 0.23.5, and some won't (Unity update and all that). So I presume complex things like MechJeb, FAR or KJR will require updating - but what about simple part packs like KW, NovaPunch or FASA? Is there some new strings in the part.cfg, like in 0.22, or we will be able to load use our modded rockets without any problems?

2) Speaking of mods - how much RAM will 0.23.5 use?

I really don't care. I have no opportunity to play for the next few days. I'm just surprised that squad has bungled this announcement (letting the media team issue statements that are incorrect / not vetting vids ect). Or maybe I am wrong and this is all part of the hype machine, that allowing the media team to announce a release data at midnight only for Squad to issue retractions 10 hours later is a planned move.

We didn't tell the media team to announce release dates, if that's what you mean. That type of announcement would come from us first and I haven't been able to say much other than "soon." Again, it's probable that there was some confusion over the date in which the embargo was lifted. That's all.