B9 5.0 pre-release (with download)

K3-Chris

Quick question, are there any plans to make some changes to the HX1, HX2, and HX4 docking port systems, like

1) making them interchangeable? allowing 4 HX1 ports to connect to one HX4 port, etc

2) making them stock compatible? allowing stock 1.25m, 2.5m, 3.75m and 0.625m parts to dock to them

3) adding new 5m (a la KW Rocketry) docking ports?

4) adding connect nodes onto the HX2 and HX4 that reflect the number of docking ports? Right now, there's just one central node that limits assembly configurations.

And that's all that I could possibly nitpick from this amazing parts pack. Very well done!

1/4) You can use multiple smaller sized docking ports. The variants will make them look like a larger port.

2) For that you probably want some sort of adapter anyway. Just use the HX to 3.75m adapter and put whatever docking port you want on that.

3) KW rocketry doesn't have 5m docking ports, does it?

B9 doesn't seem to be working for me :(

I don't have the HX parts or the cargo bays.

I simply downloaded the mod and extracted everything to the GameData folder in ksp, what am I doing wrong?

You're supposed to extract it to the KSP folder, not GameData.

Quick question, are there any plans to make some changes to the HX1, HX2, and HX4 docking port systems, like

1) making them interchangeable? allowing 4 HX1 ports to connect to one HX4 port, etc

2) making them stock compatible? allowing stock 1.25m, 2.5m, 3.75m and 0.625m parts to dock to them

3) adding new 5m (a la KW Rocketry) docking ports?

4) adding connect nodes onto the HX2 and HX4 that reflect the number of docking ports? Right now, there's just one central node that limits assembly configurations.

And that's all that I could possibly nitpick from this amazing parts pack. Very well done!

1. No. You can do this yourself by using only HX1 docking nodes and their alternate models.
  2. No. Largest stock node is size 2. Smallest HX node is 9. We will not sacrifice the stability of 50000-ton HX mega-structures so you can attach piddly little toy rocket parts to them.
  3. No. Its not very useful and we have more than enough parts.
  4. No. That's because there only IS one docking port per node adapter. Read the descriptions again.

Err... you know that "size#" dockport type has nothing to do with stability, right? It doesn't even have to be "size#", you can type anything into that field and it'll work. Of course, it'll only dock to other ports with the same ID. Mass is what ensures dockport stability. "size#" is just a convenient standard of writing IDs.

What? I've got everything in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData and it all works fine. I'm cornfused? :confused:

Download contains GameData folder, Source folder, Ships folder, unless you manually extracted only the contents of the GameData folder to GameData I can't see how that would have worked.

Download contains GameData folder, Source folder, Ships folder, unless you manually extracted only the contents of the GameData folder to GameData I can't see how that would have worked.

Yea I don't just overwrite my gamedata folder. I know where stuff goes usually so I add them, it was your wording I guess just threw me for a loop lol.

Making progress on the MFDs:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

That's me starting on the starting screen and then clicked the top menu left to right.

In order:

Start Screen

Flight Displays

Has displays you'd want to look at during flight to keep your craft going where you want it

PFD: Primary Flight Display (Navball style display)

YTPik6Rl.jpg

APFD Avionic/Aeronautical Primary Flight Display, has 3 modes, forward camera, landing camera, artificial horizon, switch by pushing the button again or next/prev.

invjbGAl.jpg - 9uhIECgl.jpg

ORB: Orbit, a projection for orbit, has 2 modes, toggle by pushing the button again. (might go into navigation)

l11V4nMl.jpg

TOF: Takeoff Assistant, displays information useful during a rocker or plane launch, has full use of all integrated and external cameras and you can zoom, pan etc.

XEffs9jl.jpg

LND: Landing Assistant, displays information useful during a rocker or plane landing, has full use of all integrated and external cameras and you can zoom, pan etc.

U0P2Dchl.jpg

Navigation

Will have more pages in the future

GPS: ScanSAT projects a map of the planet (if you have mapped it using ScanSat) and your location on it etc.

do3vJTMl.jpg

HSI: NavInstruments Lets you pick a runway to land at and it shows the bearing you need to fly to get there, has a glide slope indicator for landing etc http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85353-0-24-NavUtilities-ft-HSI-Instrument-Landing-System-v0-4-0-*July-20-2014*

9WOFxWol.jpg

Info

Contains all kinds of useful information

RES: resources per stage, total, drain etc (controls labeled)

An3HBTrl.jpg

INFO: mission information (names of crew, F3 log etc), anyone got a better 2-4 letter label for it? Having the same label top and bottom is a bit confusing, you might think they go to the same place.

DhD04qHl.jpg

Alt: Altitude graph

nMLR8JAl.jpg

Atmo: WIP by jadebenn, contains a lot of useful information about your altitude, atmospheric pressure, and will contain a graphic to indicate where in the atmosphere you are depth wise and which way you're moving (like the analog atmosphere depth gauge in IVAs)

e3uUpSkl.jpg

Desc: Description set on the vessel in VAB/SPH

hLkie82l.jpg

VSL: Vessel Viewer

btzn6aFl.jpg

Utilities

Will contain more entires later, considering moving AP aka MechJeb in there

EING: Engine Igniter

Cameras

Controls for all the included internal cameras (2 for each cockpit one facing straight forwards, one slightly lower) can pan, zoom cycle between cameras, re-center.

INT: Internal Cameras

WRWVjFul.jpg

EXT: External RPM cameras (1-10) I'm making a B9 styled external camera part that looks aerodynamic enough to not rip off a plane.

DOCK: Docking camera, positioned in the center of your reference docking port (set using TGT (Target Manager)) shows information about relative speed, offset from your target (can set a docking port as the target by hitting enter on a ship in TGT twice, second time you get a list of docking ports).

Target

Target selection, target information (distance, time to rendezvous etc)

ATPGo0xl.jpg

AutoPilot

Mechjeb controlls.

lftYqZ1l.jpg

I realized the empty menu landing pages were crying out for functionality, added a title to make it more clear where you are, along with control instructions for one or more of the sub-pages, because the page takes the entire screen I can't label the buttons with the page active usually, or in the case of the cameras, would be in the way.

Might re-shuffle some of the entires and there are more to come, navigation and utilities won't be half empty in the long run, set it up like this to allow some growth without moving everything around again (because it's incredibly tedious lining up the top and bottom menu entry text elements with the button/line).

What happened to the B9 IVA extension mod??? I need it still!

See that MK2 crewtank and IVA, S2 crew tanks with IVAs in B9 5.0? From my mod, I've been rolled into B9 proper, forum admins wanted me to include licenses in the download etc for the mod, since I knew the mod was only relevant for less than a week or two I didn't bother.

Edited by K3|Chris

Err... you know that "size#" dockport type has nothing to do with stability, right? It doesn't even have to be "size#", you can type anything into that field and it'll work. Of course, it'll only dock to other ports with the same ID. Mass is what ensures dockport stability. "size#" is just a convenient standard of writing IDs.

Not the case when its attached to a stack node.

Anyway, we don't want them to be compatible with stock docking nodes. Its quite intentional.

it's part of B9 now. will be rather, with v5 is officially released.

Thanks! I barely use the forums so thank you for super fast reply! I have it installed in my game and wanted to add Raster Prop Monitor to it but the link is gone and I cannot use this new update here yet because I only use 64 bit! :-( Was their special files to install RPM with B9 IVA extension or will RPM install what I need?

See that MK2 crewtank and IVA, S2 crew tanks with IVAs in B9 5.0? From my mod, I've been rolled into B9 proper, forum admins wanted me to include licenses in the download etc for the mod, since I knew the mod was only relevant for less than a week or two I didn't bother.

Oh man you're awesome!! I love this mod so much and the new UPDATE is AMAZING but I really need 64 bit. Please tell me the final release will be 64 bit? I don't know if this is bad and forgive me if it is but I do stuff like this with your mod:

Thank you for making this mod for real I love it more than any other mod!! :-)

You should ask that from Squad, we don't have any way to fix the problems x64 Windows build has.

My 64 bit game is fine. What I meant was will this mod be compatible with it? Right now I'm playing with B9R4.0c and the B9 Iva Extension And tons of other mods and it's amazing! But the description on page one says not compat. with 64 bit at this time. Will it just crash or can I try to update? Sorry I never ever use forums but this is super important to me! :-)

My 64 bit game is fine. What I meant was will this mod be compatible with it? Right now I'm playing with B9R4.0c and the B9 Iva Extension And tons of other mods and it's amazing! But the description on page one says not compat. with 64 bit at this time. Will it just crash or can I try to update? Sorry I never ever use forums but this is super important to me! :-)

There is absolutely nothing different in the x64 build from the modding perspective. Any mod made is compatible with both x86 and x64 version of the game, they are identical in terms of mod support, no additional work required. We simply warn that x64 is very unstable and can often crash during loading or gameplay for unknown reasons.

There is absolutely nothing different in the x64 build from the modding perspective. Any mod made is compatible with both x86 and x64 version of the game, they are identical in terms of mod support, no additional work required. We simply warn that x64 is very unstable and can often crash during loading or gameplay for unknown reasons.

You just made my day!! I found that if have extremely high powered rig 64 bit runs just fine! With over 25 mods in 64 bit I still have yet to crash since the update and I just recorded a mission to eve today as well with A GIANT ship and all was well! :-) I'm going for it man on a new fresh copy! Thank you For all the hard work you do for this mod, I love it and so many others too! :-)

Will we be able to disable the upper menu bar on the Navball style display? Or is that thing just a placeholder? Because atm it's impossible to see speed and height under it.

There is speed and height under it? Let me check, if there is I'll have a toggle.

Edit: there is a compass under there, weird, no speed and height though, and yeah those should be there, thought something was missing, any idea where that PFD is from? I'll restore those elements and make the top bar off by default on it.

Edited by K3|Chris

Leonardo Valeri Manera

edited description

That's the last blocker down.

Now there's ~550 commits to turn into a changelog, so a couple of days, I reckon.

Try not to break anything, guys :D

No more blocking issues. Release imminent?

Hi everyone! I know most of you don't know me, but I'm the person who has been helping K3|Chris with the MFDs. Anyway, I've been working on some general changes today but Chris had to go to bed before I could send them to him. I'm posting this here as a temporary download until tomorrow. Basically, after I went through some changes with editing a few of the MFD pages, Chris pushed the MFD overhaul to the repo, since I wasn't able to get into contact with him in time I've taken his most recent version, added in the fixes I made, and tweaked the layout a bit more.

Menu Layouts:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've also fixed up the Atmospheric display page to have an atmosphere display, feedback is welcome!

New Atmospheric Info Page:

Qpihgu7.png

The temporary download is here.

Will we be able to disable the upper menu bar on the Navball style display? Or is that thing just a placeholder? Because atm it's impossible to see speed and height under it.

I've re-added the stock Raster Prop Monitor Navball to the page list, which does not have the menu bar. You can access it by pressing the PFD button twice.

I've also fixed up the Atmospheric display page to have an atmosphere display, feedback is welcome!

They look good! One suggestion: could you change the font color on the labels ("ROLL") to make them distinct from the values, and add a bit more space between each group? (So more vertical space between the "ROLL 000.0" and the SPEED label.) Those two tweaks would really help improve readability, I think.

They look good! One suggestion: could you change the font color on the labels ("ROLL") to make them distinct from the values, and add a bit more space between each group? (So more vertical space between the "ROLL 000.0" and the SPEED label.) Those two tweaks would really help improve readability, I think.

I may change the colors, but I can't improve the spacing or I won't have enough space for all the info.