B9 5.0 pre-release (with download)

K3-Chris

With this mod I don't think I'll ever use anything but IVA :)

Edit: Doesn't work, Just like the last release I only have about 20 parts, no large HL parts, no IVA's no Mk II or Mk V parts, 4 cockpits 3 wings and nothing else, a shame really :(

Edited by SpaceSphereOfDeath

I just installed this, the parts show up fine, but the tweakable menu doesn't pop up when I right-click on them. It works fine for stock parts, it's just the B9 parts (all of them, bot just the new ones). I only installed the B9_Aerospace folder, so is there a plugin I need from one of the others?

Hmm, found a new issue. I added radial symmetrical MK1 2m Universal Fuselages to a simple spaceplane, set them to LF mode, and tweaked the tanks to hold different amounts of fuel. When I go to launch the amount of fuel in each tank changes. Sometimes it is the amount I tweaked into the left tank, sometimes it's the amount I tweaked into the right, and sometimes it's a different (but similar) number. Also, when I go back into the SPH the amount of fuel in the tanks has changed again.

I'll open an issue and add some repro steps and other notes.

Hmm, found a new issue. I added radial symmetrical MK1 2m Universal Fuselages to a simple spaceplane, set them to LF mode, and tweaked the tanks to hold different amounts of fuel. When I go to launch the amount of fuel in each tank changes. Sometimes it is the amount I tweaked into the left tank, sometimes it's the amount I tweaked into the right, and sometimes it's a different (but similar) number. Also, when I go back into the SPH the amount of fuel in the tanks has changed again.

I'll open an issue and add some repro steps and other notes.

Please do, but its an upstream bug in firespitter, so make sure it has good reproductions steps or snjo will get annoyed.

I just installed this, the parts show up fine, but the tweakable menu doesn't pop up when I right-click on them. It works fine for stock parts, it's just the B9 parts (all of them, bot just the new ones). I only installed the B9_Aerospace folder, so is there a plugin I need from one of the others?

You at least need to install the firespitter folder as that's what actually controls the part switching.

Hi everyone!

Have you considered to have the extra attachement nodes in the new parts deactivated by default? This will make building crafts so much easier! :)

Also I would like to know if you have planned to move soon into x64 development.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah I tried it, made the game slow to a crawl, it's a neat idea but the IVAs are already pretty performance intensive, add the IVA and the external vessel at the same time and well... slowness.

It's a cool plugin and it's pretty nifty for stuff like 1 man pods with 1-2 MFDs etc but not really an option for us currently. Post Unity 5 I'll try it again, might not slow the game too much then, though realistically speaking you shouldn't be able to see through the windows in most circumstances.

Hmm, good point. Would there be any way of making the transparent glass togglable? So you could turn it on for a beauty-shot as your orbiting the mun, etc, and then turn it back off for performance?

Hi everyone!

Have you considered to have the extra attachement nodes in the new parts deactivated by default? This will make building crafts so much easier! :)

Can't be done.

Also I would like to know if you have planned to move soon into x64 development.

When the X64 build stops being a buggy p.o.s.

In other news, I just closed our last blocker for R5, so unless someone finds an actual bug, Soon is now A Few Days

Chris, it would be really cool having a final piece for the HX cargo-hangar part that acts like a giant door, so you can close your hangars. Also it would be cool a part that attaches radially to the HX part and has 2 45* doors (i'll post a photo of the thing when i find it)

Oddly enough, it crashes a lot despite running in 64 bit mode..

That is because you are running it in 64bit mode. Like they have sed a lot of times before, its not because of KSP or any mods that the 64bit version crashes, its deu to Unity...

I'm running it in 32bit with active texture management and it works perfectly for me ;)

Oddly enough, it crashes a lot despite running in 64 bit mode..

Nothing odd about it, as the mod is not supported in x64 and the game itself isn't stable yet, as mentioned by someone on the first 3 pages...

Edit: 1 thing i do have a problem with is the downloading, it fails a lot and states a total download size of 99 mb...

Edited by hiddengnome
expanding

Is there any chance of integrating the NavUtilities HSI/ILS into the B9 IVA glass cockpit? It is super-useful, especially if using additional runways through KerbinSide, Kerbal City, etc.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/85353-0-24-NavUtilities-ft-HSI-Instrument-Landing-System-v0-4-0-*July-20-2014*

Oh right forgot about that mod, yeah looks really neat, let me have a look at it, I don't think we'll bundle it but I can make the MFDs load that page if you had that mod. (Similar to how we got MJ and ScanSat and VesselViewer in the current MFD).

Hmm, good point. Would there be any way of making the transparent glass togglable? So you could turn it on for a beauty-shot as your orbiting the mun, etc, and then turn it back off for performance?

That's a question for the author of the plugin, I don't think it's possible atm.

Oh right forgot about that mod, yeah looks really neat, let me have a look at it, I don't think we'll bundle it but I can make the MFDs load that page if you had that mod. (Similar to how we got MJ and ScanSat and VesselViewer in the current MFD).

Isn't there a FARPM that loads crap from FAR? Can you make sure that works too?