B9 5.0 pre-release (with download)

K3-Chris

The HX Command Bridge design document contains the description: "Space opera"

Excellent! Can't wait to see how that turns out! Should make huge ships feel more epic then when we just have a little tiny pod duct-tapes onto it somewhere ;D

INFO: mission information (names of crew, F3 log etc), anyone got a better 2-4 letter label for it? Having the same label top and bottom is a bit confusing, you might think they go to the same place.

I'd suggest MISN - for 'Mission' - for that tab, to clear up confusion.

Maybe I'm just unable to figure where I can find it, but I know there's a screen on the MFDs that displayed the current stage delta V on the 'standard' MFDs included with RPM (or at least I can find it on the MFDs in the stock pods); however, I've yet to find such a line of info on that on the B9 MFDs. Was it cut from the B9 variant, or was it hidden on some screen I've yet to notice it on?

Will there be a low-res version of this? ATM is great, but increases loading times and -force -opengl has it's own problems...

Idea: some check boxes on the download page so you can uncheck what you don't want to download, or split up the entire mod into various categories so you can download them individually.

Edited by ExtremeTrader

Will there be a low-res version of this? ATM is great, but increases loading times and -force -opengl has it's own problems...

Idea: some check boxes on the download page so you can uncheck what you don't want to download, or split up the entire mod into various categories so you can download them individually.

No, because you should be using ATM anyway.

Low-res also frees disk space, and both ATM and low-res should be better than only ATM.

No.

ATM does the low-resing for you, and caches it for future loads, so why would we do it manually when a plugin can do it for us and each user can tune it for his/her needs?

I've also fixed up the Atmospheric display page to have an atmosphere display, feedback is welcome!

New Atmospheric Info Page:

http://i.imgur.com/Qpihgu7.png

Nice work, though the lines need to be dark instead of white, causes too much legibility issues when they line with the text, and the number values still got some alignment problems, I can fix both thought.

I've re-added the stock Raster Prop Monitor Navball to the page list, which does not have the menu bar. You can access it by pressing the PFD button twice.

Where is the other navball from? KSO? I prefer the "stock" one, might make it the default instead, though I'll probably change it's colors.

Maybe I'm just unable to figure where I can find it, but I know there's a screen on the MFDs that displayed the current stage delta V on the 'standard' MFDs included with RPM (or at least I can find it on the MFDs in the stock pods); however, I've yet to find such a line of info on that on the B9 MFDs. Was it cut from the B9 variant, or was it hidden on some screen I've yet to notice it on?

I'm looking through the screens and I can't find something like that, the stock game has no idea how much DV you have as far as I'm aware, you need MJ or KER for that, does "stock" 18.2 RPM displays have KER/MJ integration? I only have MJ and I don't see any page like that, (only AutoPilot / Smart A.S.S.) though, if it has KER integration I'll happily add that as a page if I can track it down.

I'm also adding actual huds back at some point, not happy with the HUDs I've seen so far though, they don't get the balance right between being readable and not blocking your vision, I might have to go full custom at a higher resolution than the stock HUD with no colored background or a very subtle black background to make white text pop against white clouds or horizon better, and they'll have animated props that fits each cockpit, push a button somewhere to toggle them on/off with a slide/flip/other animation to get in front of your face, or get out of the way.

Edited by K3|Chris

Can we have a version without "Star Wars" thing, please?

Delete the HX folder? takes you seconds to do.

A Jet engine that is running out of air, would be my best guess as an example.

Ah, flameout, that is very possible, but we need some way to get at that information (don't think RPM can do that on it's own, or if it can it's buried in the manpages mihara calls a wiki), and there isn't a way to do MFD-wide stuff yet as far as I'm aware, if we're adding a flameout warning prompt we'd have to add it to all pages manually, which is pretty tedious or in the case of plugin pages, problematic.

Would probably be on on relevant pages only, like APFD, along with the stall warning we've pestered ferram into implementing ;) Though I'm thinking of putting the alarms and flashing lights into actual physical props as well.

Edited by K3|Chris

Would probably be on on relevant pages only, like APFD, along with the stall warning we've pestered ferram into implementing ;) Though I'm thinking of putting the alarms and flashing lights into actual physical props as well.

Flashing alarmlights sounds awesome :D, that would make IVA real fun.

I'm still tweaking a lot of elements of the MFD but I think this is getting nice:

evP9ScJ.png

Stuff left to do on it obviously, but I've added a black offset version of the overlay for clarity against white, I think I'll knock it down to 50%~ instead of 100%, text needs a similar treatment, going to add a thrust bar like the takeoff screen's to it as well where the % is currently to give a more visual indication of how much thrust you've applied, less of an issue in reality or with a HOTAS setup (squad, y u no liek HOTAS) where your hand or peripheral vision tells you.

Removed the white square in the center because it was quite literally in the middle of your view, and the side ones serve the same purpose without obstructing the view forwards.

Flight camera's FOV reduced to 60 (how I wish you could set that yourself using the buttons) and left landing screen's camera at 120, means you have better sideways visibility while landing, can see better at a distance while flying.

Prograde markers shrunk and make non opaque, again for visibility reasons.

Heading marker arrow (I'll re-do that arrow, it's weirdly smushed) moved up and heading number shifted sideways, to avoid overlap of arrow, prograde marker and numbers.

I want to make the arrows on the sides contain the actual number (vertical speed on the left, altitude on the right) as well with a opaque background for clearity.

I just did an all IVA plane landing using the APFD in flight/landing mode (switched to landing when I got close) and the NavUtilities combined HSI/ILS screen. Worked beautifully, landed straight and true with a nice glideslope, very nice combo of instruments while landing.

Edited by K3|Chris

I have a question for the new docking procedures that are done with 5.0, the multiport docking.

Did you guys develop some code that made it more reliable, or will it still be "bug-using", with the ports beeing just more accurat in the new parts?

Confirmed Working with KSP 64 bit! I played for hours in 64 bit last night and I'm in again right now. One issue I've found in 64 bit is those Giant Sci Fi engines have no sound when in closed cycle mode. But other than that I can build as big as I want and also still install my other mods! I cannot wait for final release! :-) Also I must say that everything is so AMAZING!! Great work on everything!

I have a problem with that page on the MFD, all the lines are black.

http://i.imgur.com/SlgUO0e.png?2

This is on a new KSP install and the latest version of b9, no other mods.

Do you have ScanSAT or VesselViewer open on another monitor? know intermittent bug with those plugins, -force-opengl can also mess with the MFDs. (Technically not our fault).