B9 5.0 pre-release (with download)

K3-Chris

Do you have ScanSAT or VesselViewer open on another monitor? know intermittent bug with those plugins, -force-opengl can also mess with the MFDs. (Technically not our fault).

No, this install is only KSP + b9. I'm running it on a mac so OpenGL can maybe be the problem.

Exactly what I tried to say about the flameout alarm thing, but my mind forgot about the word "flameout" (Italian, remember?)

Also I've got a copy of ksp 64 bit with LLL, ATM, KAS, procedural wings and fairings, and b9 works just fine without crashing a single time. I didn't even find bugs!

Exactly what I tried to say about the flameout alarm thing, but my mind forgot about the word "flameout" (Italian, remember?)

Tav is Italian, I'm Swedish, bac9 is Russian, none of us are native English speakers :P I can't find any mention of a flameout variable being a thing in the RPM docs, but I'll look elsewhere as well, might be a thing or might not, if not I'll ask the author about adding it.

Also I've got a copy of ksp 64 bit with LLL, ATM, KAS, procedural wings and fairings, and b9 works just fine without crashing a single time.

As said, Winx64 Unity is pretty random, for some it works fine with a million mods, for some it crashes with no mods on launch, we can't officially support it because we can't mitigate any problems people might have, if it works, congratulations, if it doesn't, we can't help you.

I didn't even find bugs!

I'd hope not, we're close to release with no blocking bugs left.

I thought the Location: Venice, Italy was a clue :P

It's pretty cool using these displays for navigation etc, experimented with takeoff, flight and landing all in IVA with the view angled down enough to make sure I can't see out the windows:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

APFD looks weird because I've made assets I want to go bellow the text/ladders to the side but they're on top for now until I figure it out (won't commit it like that obviously). Would help legibility a lot if I could overlay that black between the camera and white text, currently it's on top of both, if that makes sense.

That ILS/HIS screen is killer, lets you line up on the runway and land at the right slope with no other information or actually seeing the runway needed.

Tav is italian? Oh, cool!

E di dove sei Tav?

Careful, admins do not like it if the spoken language is not english in official english sub forums.

But I find it cool to see that we have such a wide range in collaboration for mods.

Added 2m HX1 SAS part many of you requested, along with 2m LFO/RCS/EC and structural subtypes.

Those are the last parts to be added, all that's left from now on is minor edits.

don't forget the HX battle bridge please ;):D

Is it possible to have an option to flip control surfaces from tweakables? You know how sometimes when you have COM/COL issues the control surfaces will translate in the opposite way it should? Is this possible? Please... :-)

EDIT:

This is my issue: mmJlph8.jpg

Edited by Eddie Rod

Errm, why is that an issue? control surfaces behind CoM are inverted because that's how they work, to pitch up you want to push the front up and rear down. looks like it's working as intended, only real problem is that you have your pitch control surfaces almost exactly on CoM where they're ineffective.

Also FAR/NEAR makes aerodynamics and planes in general make a lot more sense.

The ones on the main wings, seems you've managed to put the trailing edge of the wing right on CoM. Trust me the game is doing it's best with what you've give it, also your landing gear extends too far back, you can't pull up like that.

I suggest reading: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52080-Basic-Aircraft-Design-Explained-Simply-With-Pictures

The ones on the main wings, seems you've managed to put the trailing edge of the wing right on CoM. Trust me the game is doing it's best with what you've give it, also your landing gear extends too far back, you can't pull up like that.

I suggest reading: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52080-Basic-Aircraft-Design-Explained-Simply-With-Pictures

Ok thanks I fixed it up already but had to pull the wings back farther than normal. I was just curious because sometimes when I build huge planes this happens and would be nice to just right click and flip it like! No biggie tho. Hey off topic, would it also be possible to add a lift rating to parts like Space Planes Plus? Sorry If I'm being a bother I'm new to forums! I find myself adding little winglets all over to stabilize and I've seen a lot of other people do the same. Maybe a tweakable to turn some lift rating on or off?

Edit: And BTW that little tutorial is awesome!

Edited by Eddie Rod

Okay but how does FAR treat those Giant parts? Like Giant Space Parts?

Seems fine, they're high drag but no more so than stock, you might want to start with NEAR, doesn't have transonic instability and ships breaking from aerodynamic forces.

Seems fine, they're high drag but no more so than stock, you might want to start with NEAR, doesn't have transonic instability and ships breaking from aerodynamic forces.

I'm going to try FAR out. I used to do some amazing stuff with FAR and B9 but sometimes it just didn't seem finished! Hopefully .24 version will be better! Thanks for all your help but I Have some EPIC ships to build! :-)

I'm looking through the screens and I can't find something like that, the stock game has no idea how much DV you have as far as I'm aware, you need MJ or KER for that, does "stock" 18.2 RPM displays have KER/MJ integration? I only have MJ and I don't see any page like that, (only AutoPilot / Smart A.S.S.) though, if it has KER integration I'll happily add that as a page if I can track it down.

I uninstalled every mod I had except the toolbar and RPM, but I can still get the Data screen to tell me my Stage dV. I thought it might have been some MJ integration (I've never installed KER), but yeah, I can not only see that dV, but the Isp as well (I had a KR-2L attached to this tester).

994CBD546961D55402011FD2DEA772F258AFDF7E

Found it in the docs since then, it tries to estimate your DV but it has no idea how your fuel is set up, so it's pretty much guaranteed to be horribly wrong if you have a single fuel line, not entirely sure I'm a fan of that, I wonder if I should include it and get messages from people saying it's wrong, or not include it and inconvenience the people that don't have any fuel lines and want that information...

Maybe then hold off on it for 5.1 and see if you can't get it integrated with MJ's dV readouts?

Yeah I basically want to replicate the MJ main windows in the RPM displays, only real problem with that is that MJ is optional, meaning I can't really mix and match MJ strings into other pages, unless I provide fallbacks.

Is there a chance we'd ever see a covered docking port JR port, I don't think it would be to massively difficult to scale down the regular one, but then again i'm far from knowledgeable with that stuff.

By the way my issue with B9 and Spaceplanes apparently seemed to be the memory cap, and like everyone else installed ATM and it's worked flawlessly.

I'm trying an SSTO-focused career and I'm really confused by the different jet engines available. Their performance in the tooltips doesn't seem to have much to do with the way the engines actually perform. Which ones should I be using for different purposes? (Using stock aero, not NEAR/FAR)

Similar questions with the air scoops - they all have fancy descriptions but the stats shown don't seem to vary much. A couple of the intakes are really heavy (0.4 tons) while most are 0.01 or so, and the stats on them don't seem to differ that much. For example, the DSI Diverterless Supersonic Inlet has an Intake Area of 0.005 and 0.1 Intake Air resource and weighs 0.011 tons. The Ram Air Intake has an area 0.01, 0.2 Intake Air, and weighs 0.012, so I guess it's twice as good for about the same weight? But its stats are the same as the RNM which weighs 0.402.

Confused. Rockets are so much simpler :)